Keenspace Dropdown Dropdown Version three point oh!

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.

Keenspace Dropdown Dropdown Version three point oh!

Postby Phact0rri on Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:56 pm

First actual update... since its inception (not counting the original putting it together)

A few months have past.. and some dropdowns have fallen in the last few months some have been added...

I'm going to try to update this every few months... or if I see an influx of zombing Dropdowns.. or new dropdowns coming up..

this update

One new zombie... Scifi space. If your the moderator of Scifi space and its still active let me know.. but it looks dead from here.

New Dropdowns

Wee!
KeenAi

again if you have a new one and I missed it let me know.

If you want to add the drop down drop down to your site

Code: Select all
 <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="javascript" SRC="http://decypher.keenspace.com/scripts/keendrop.js"></SCRIPT>

The dropdown should update in a few hours when autokeen occurs.

I'll be working up a subsite thing for the dropdown organizing when I get some free time... so keep an eye out for that too. in the meantime the just dropdown works fine... and any question can be either PMed or asked on this thread.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby JexKerome on Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:36 pm

Any idea on how heavy it is?
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:08 am

about a freakin ton... we'll need the mayor of california to come out here and benchpress it!

what do you mean exactly? *l*
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

wee! xD

Postby ZiRta on Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:27 am

gee, thx for adding WEE! So, what do you prefer, us placing the DD drop or linking back to this post (or whatever hp you make up for it)?
ZiRta
Regular Poster

Postby Phact0rri on Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:50 am

it doesn't matter to me, you don't need to link or anything. At least not yet. The Dropdown though is a good way for people to see keenspace comics in genres and pick ones that way, I made it basically as a service for webcomic creators.

I saw a lot of people posting on dead, dropdowns, and wasting thier time there.. so I decided to do somthing about it cause I felt bad about it. when I get the page up you can feel free to link there.. or here, if you want.

but really its not that big of a deal.

thanks for asking btw!
Phact0rri

Postby Nadia on Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:13 pm

Awesome, thanks for adding KeenAi.
I'll get the link up in my next update. ^_^
Nadia

Postby JexKerome on Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:22 am

phactorri wrote:about a freakin ton... we'll need the mayor of california to come out here and benchpress it!

what do you mean exactly? *l*

I've seen people comment that large dropdowns tend to make a page incredibly heavy, and so very slow to download completely. That's why I'm asking.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby JexKerome on Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:23 am

Oh, and it's governor, not mayor. The GOVERNOR of California.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

nahh, it can't be THAT heavy...

Postby ZiRta on Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:23 pm

that comment comes from the 'ol keenspace dropdown, which featured like 1000 womics or something like that! now the question is, how MANY is TOO MANY? there are drops which bore me to look at because they have too many members >_<
ZiRta
Regular Poster

Postby Phact0rri on Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:58 pm

1000 and more... no thats psyscho. well there hasn't been any change in how my web comic loads when I put it up.
Phact0rri

Postby Phact0rri on Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:16 pm

Okay kids.. I decided to get myself in gear and throw up a webpage for the new Drop down gallery. *wipes brow* Its not really much to look at right now... but it gets the job done.

You can find it here...

http://decypher.keenspace.com/keendrop
Phact0rri

Postby JexKerome on Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:39 am

Very well done, Phactorri. To show my appreciation, if you ever need guest strips or know someone that needs a beatdown just let me know.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Re: nahh, it can't be THAT heavy...

Postby Phact0rri on Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:43 pm

ziRta wrote:that comment comes from the 'ol keenspace dropdown, which featured like 1000 womics or something like that! now the question is, how MANY is TOO MANY? there are drops which bore me to look at because they have too many members >_<

I never answered this question... I think 25 is a good number, I also believe there could be better ways to organze dropdowns by having 25, comics only on the larger dropdowns or more.. then a link to the website which has all the comics presented. and it'd be up to the maintainer to cycle these comics, dropdown around... I dunno if that would work... but having to many has hurt a lot of dropdowns in the past.... who have gotten to many so they just quit.

so I think a solution to how to maintain dropdowns better is a worthy topic and one that should be discussed, and maybe help keeping dropdowns around longer. as we are in all time low dropdown count right now, and I'd like to see more variety, in terms of broad content, genre, and so forth comics.

stuff like fantasy, video games, real life, etc that are currently not supported... and a lot of this has to do with how long dropdowns take to load if they are to big.

JexKerome wrote:Very well done, Phactorri. To show my appreciation, if you ever need guest strips or know someone that needs a beatdown just let me know.

*laughs @ jex* well there was this troll around... just kidding, thanks for the kind words, and hopefully the directory website will continue to grow in time. and keep getting more awesome and something people can use.
Phact0rri

Postby Phact0rri on Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:18 am

I did another update today.. added Lazy Space, removed Wack Space(the dropdown is dead) and re-added Scifi Space (with the issues regarding it I just made a dropdown link for it for now more information see the scifi space thread)
Phact0rri

Postby Phact0rri on Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:56 pm

so you wanna make a dropdown... and yer thinking what the heck can I make thats needed? well there are a few I'd like to see come back in terms of genre.

a fantasy drop down Keencrawlers, or keentasy or somthing might be a good name.

A autobiography- taken from real life drop down maybe keen life, or realspace... or somthing.

An action oriented adventuring and super heroes sort of drop down maybe called Keenaction!

A surreal/quirky/wierd dropdown called maybe somthing like &$#$space

And maybe one about techlology and gaming... maybe called Keengames, Keentech, tehspace, l33tspace or maybe Gamingspace.

So if you feel the need.. those are some suggestions..

we really need more dropdowns that will remain active and would love to see a lot of people getting into it, and be able to classify more comics in this realm.

thanks again so far for all the support for the dropdowns and the directory all.
Phact0rri

Postby Coyotzin on Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:33 am

As I announced in its own thread, I just took over KeenQuest, so the dropdown is alive again :)

Code:

<script language="javascript" src="http://nahast.keenspace.com/keenquest.js"></script>

URL:

http://nahast.keenspace.com/keenquest.html

I already included the dropdown dropdown on KeenQuest's new page, to be up and ready by next update.
Al-X Melchor
[url=http://nahast.comicgen.com]Image
Nahast: Lands of Strife[/url]
Nahast: Chronicles of the Fifth Age
Join the KeenQuest Dropdown!
Coyotzin
Regular Poster

Postby Phact0rri on Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:58 am

Exellent to hear. I did see the other post, and it along with Keendom dungeons, will be added next time I update.
Phact0rri

Postby Phact0rri on Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:03 am

and once again the dropdown dropdown (as well as the site itself) has been updated. Sorry this one took a bit longer than expected but I been trying to make time to finish the dropdown tutorial... which makes its debute this update.

so....

Two former, inactive dropdowns, have gained new life and have been moved from zombie dropdowns, back to active.

-KEENDOM Dungeons
-KEENquest

and the scripts section now includes the promised tutorial so that anyone can now make a dropdown. if there are any problems with the dropdown, the site, or the new tutorial fee free to address those here.

thank to everyone btw for making my job easier since this thing has started.
Phact0rri

Postby Phact0rri on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:29 am

okay! so another update to the directory again this month.. its smaller than the others have been with just to adds no zombies.

the added:
-Tutorials
-Nocturnals
Phact0rri

Postby Phact0rri on Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:00 am

Looks like this month there isn't anything to add or take away. just posting for continuity sake.
Phact0rri

Next

Return to Dropdowns and Crossovers