Page 1 of 1

Simple Penny Cameo! (Need BIG participation)

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:39 pm
by Kris X
Starting August 28th IftP needs YOU.

Deadline: August 25th

Who?: http://insanityforthepoor.keenspace.com ... ?penny.gif

What?: Mr. Lincoln is a mastermind evil penny who is on the run. His plan is to take over the world. By doing so I need people to insert this character anywhere into their comic during the week of August 28-September 4th. He doesn't have to say anything, he just needs to appear in one of your normal panels of that week. You will also include a link to IftP, of course, stating the cameo.

What do I get?: Coming up I will be making a "I've Been Coppered" button and an additional page on IftP that will have your comic mapped out on Mr. Lincoln's World Domination Plan. I will also be leaving your comic link up on IftP's index page all that week.

How do I get involved?: Reply to this forum thread and I will add you to the list. Please list in your reply: your Comic Name, Artist Name, and Date you plan to put Lincoln in. I will check back every night until the 25th and add you to the list. If your name does not show up on the final list, give me an email.

Thank you! And pleased checked back for the "I've Been Coppered Button" as well as the page URL.

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:53 pm
by Carlin
I'm in. I got a few good ideas for possible script. .. *begins plotting*


Comic Name: Shellshocked
Name: Crossfire
Date: August 30

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:24 pm
by [geoduck]
I'm sure I can squeeze him in somewhere, although I won't know the exact day for a while.

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:24 pm
by DocBrown03
Im pretty sure he can be spotted orbiting planet Eos-Ec ( old rock)
in a upcoming panel of Alien-life.

Artist: Braden Brown
Date: Aug 28
Interdimesioal transport brings him to my universe.
plan accordingly

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:25 pm
by Kris X
Emphasis that he cannot show up until August 28th or anytime after.

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:30 pm
by Resolve
Hey, i just finished my comics for aug 28-Sep 6

count me in.

Date: August 30

Comic Name: <a href="http://americana.keenspace.com">Familiar Blue</a>

Name: Resolve

Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:08 am
by Greenlightgo
he would fit perfectly into a plot-line that i'm hatching for that week...unless of course, you have objections to him suddenly being at a college campus?


comic : Green Light Go

Date: August 30th, Sept 3rd [Would it be alright if he showed up twice? and then i'd like to have him making a political speech if that works...if you'd prefer him silent, that would be fine as well]

Artist: Amy

Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:07 am
by Pimpette
Woo... evil penny, eh? I'm sure I could have some fun with that

Comic Name: Pimpette & Associates
Artist Name: Laurel K
Date to Appear: Not sure yet.... I'll get back to you on that soon.

Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:11 am
by Kris X
greenlightgo wrote:[Would it be alright if he showed up twice? and then i'd like to have him making a political speech if that works...if you'd prefer him silent, that would be fine as well]
Fine by me. Just realize his ultimate goal is to take over the world. In this case, the Keensapce world come first on his list.

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:38 pm
by Toxic
Seeing how my comic is already full of hidden movie and literary references, one more cannot hurt.

Comic name: "Zombie High" (No, it's not "Waterguy"! That may be my site's name but that comic is on indefinite hiatus)
Author: Toxic
Planned cameo: Sept 4th?

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:14 am
by That guy
My characters are just coming home from a long-running time-travel storyline, so it'd be easy to throw in a reference. Would a wall-hanging portrait work, or does it need to be him in person?

~Will

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:05 pm
by Kris X
That works.

Sounds cool...

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:08 pm
by TruPhan
Consider me in.

My comic is Class Mishaps at http://classmishaps.f2o.org.

That's right, I don't use Keenspace, but I support it all the same.

My name is Shaun Capehart and I'll put him in on the 28th.

Is it okay if we flip him...like a coin?

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:22 pm
by Kris X
Okay, here we are. Please put this button on the day the cameo is featured. Then later move it to your links page. Make sure to make the image link to http://insanityforthepoor.keenspace.com

Image

PLEASE go here: http://insanityforthepoor.keenspace.com/coppered.html and check if information is correct. If you are not listed, let me know. If you have a (?) tell me your date before August 25th under this thread.

You can still participate. This cameo will be going on beyond the 28th and if you think you might be able to do something a few months from now, it is still valid. Just make sure you do it.

You may represent the character anyway as long as it is visible that it is Mr. Lincoln.

Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:55 pm
by [geoduck]
Now that I've got my strip's plotline worked out...
I'll post the penny cameo on the 28th.

EDIT: Guess I didn't work it out well enough. Better make that starting the 29th instead. May end up being a two-day appearence slopping over onto the 30th as well.

Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:23 pm
by Greenlightgo
my cameos will be on the 30th and the 3rd

i think you'll like what i've got up my sleeve

:)

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:13 am
by DocBrown03
change of plan. The comic will be posted on the 31st.
Instead of the 28th. im trying to keep a consistant tuesday update.