Page 1 of 2

Hamster Cameo Link Page

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:36 pm
by Xodin
Ok, so here's the idea.

Furmentation, my webcomic, is about Hamsters. And it came into my mind that it might be cool to have some of the hamsters show up in other comics as cameos of a sort. Anything from actually saying something in a single frame, to just being pictured in the background.

Now, on my website, I could set up a page explicitly called Cameos where fans of my comic could go and see where the characters in Furmentation have shown up in other comics. The Cameo page would have a link to the comic owner's site, plus a link to the individual strip where the hamster appears, so that fans can track their travels through other strips.

It's sort of a complicated guest strip slash link exchange idea. i'm not giving free range to use my characters, just show me the strip you intend to use the hamster in and I'll say ok (Unless there's something flagrantly wrong) and provide a link. What do people think?

http://xodin.keenspace.com

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:36 pm
by [geoduck]
I'm sure I can have a hamster pop up somewhere at some point, although I don't have any immediate ideas.

Re: Hamster Cameo Link Page

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:44 pm
by Tashasworld
xodin wrote:It's sort of a complicated guest strip slash link exchange idea. i'm not giving free range to use my characters, just show me the strip you intend to use the hamster in and I'll say ok (Unless there's something flagrantly wrong) and provide a link. What do people think?
How do you feel about "Furmentation: The Movie?"

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:52 pm
by Xodin
"Furmentation: The Movie"? Do tell.

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:48 pm
by Tashasworld
It's just a poster in the background of a couple of panels of the page I'm working on right now, showing the hamster that's been in the last couple of strips (the one with the pointy hat), with "Furmentation: The Movie" above, and perhaps "Coming Soon" at the bottom.

Edit: Even though the page isn't finished yet, you can see what the panel in question will look like, because it's up at http://peacekeepers.keenspace.com/

I'll be finishing it later today. If the panel is okay with you, I'll leave it like it is and add a link to Furmentation to the page, too.

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:07 am
by Xodin
geoduck, sounds good to me. just whenever you want.

tashasworld, I like that idea. Feel free to go ahead with it =^_^=

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:01 am
by G-Lode
Hi Xodin,

Lemme see what I can do! Perhaps I can squeeze one of your hamsters in the background of my comic. I love things that will add "comic effect" to my story! :D

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:34 pm
by Xodin
Thanks, G-Lode. Just let me know how it comes out.

Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:30 am
by Asarea
Mh ...well gonna fit this hamster in in the next chapter ... ^^

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:35 pm
by Xodin
thanks =^_^= just send me a link so I can see and set up my own link.

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:55 am
by Dutch!
How would you feel about a hamster sandwich?

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:42 am
by JPSloan
Do you know what terrible things happen to rodents in my comic?

(Which means I'll probably be squeezing one in my comic next week.)

(note I didn't say "squeeze into")

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:46 am
by Phact0rri
don't make me draw up a sad grave yard.. ya meanies.. *kicks JP in the leg and runs*

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:49 am
by JPSloan
To the moon, Alice!

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:25 pm
by Xodin
:o . . . . . *laughs* :lol: well, sandwiches and graveyards. This ought to be interesting to see :wink:

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:59 am
by Phact0rri
actually I got this storyline I'm working on crafting for my comic in the future where stryker, gets two mice who were formerly lab mice. But they won't qualify as hampsters but in the storyline I could always throw one in when I get to that point.

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:28 am
by JPSloan
FYI, tomorrow's Sawdust will have the hamster cameo.

More than a cameo, actually.

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:38 am
by CJBurgandy
I draw a gay-friendly comic... I'm not sure you want a hampster to show up in mine.

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:48 pm
by JPSloan
Crap. I left my lineart at work... sorry, it'll update tomorrow evening.

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:21 am
by Xodin
phactorri -
sounds fine to me

JPSloan -
I'll look for it.

cjburgandy -
Well, I'm not sure how to respond to that :wink:
If it's in good taste, sure.