Who will be...The Sidekick?

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.

Who will be...The Sidekick?

Postby Toxic on Sun May 02, 2004 12:05 pm

My next comic is going to be like "The Apprentice", but instead it's for the job of sidekick. If anyone has characters they'd like to lend to the competition, that would be super. I just need their personality type, and superpowers if any. (and there's only room for 8 spots, so it's first come first picked.)
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!
Toxic
Faster Pussycat

Postby RLC Davidson on Sun May 02, 2004 1:36 pm

Um, not sure if I have enough comics for this, but you can use Treize Fennin if you want. He's pretty much a psycho type that'll get murderously angry for little mistakes other people make. Superpowers... he has telepathy and minor telekinetic powers (just don't tell my readers, I haven't drawn those pages yet. :wink: ). If you need me to do a full-body pic for reference then let me know.
RLC, the Keenspace/ComiGen chicken.

Honour's Requiem - Who says treason isn't fun?
RLC Studios - A random website by a random artist
RLC Studios Forums
RLC Davidson
Regular Poster

Postby TimberWolf on Sun May 02, 2004 3:39 pm

I have Shitake the Telepathic Mushroom. I have a picture of the little bugger around here somewhere...
*Realizes he has less free time now that school is over.*
TimberWolf
Regular Poster

Postby Phact0rri on Sun May 02, 2004 6:46 pm

*snickers* well Stryker is an android *points to my avatar* he's really daft for having a computerized brain.

check the link for more stryker fun. the last storyline has been about his appearing on the strip so if you look at the enter: stryker storyline you'll get an idea about him.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

ooh ooh

Postby Jmk_photo on Sun May 02, 2004 8:13 pm

um ... really you're more than welcome to any of the three of my Characters, though I will say that Khalid would be the easiet for me to tell you about without giving away lots of neato secrets and stuff.

Khalid Davenwolf - half-elf/half-human
Personality: Angsty, hates both parents mainly because both are full blood within societies that abhor half breeds. He is not sure which parent he truely hates though because there are conflicting stories as to whether the interbreeding was mutual/consensual or not. In either case he's a master swordsman (rapier/main gauche) and packs a very powerful (if somewhat latent) magical ability
Power: actively he is an Empath (meaning he can sense feelings and emotions of others) as a half-elf he also has the ability (though very deep and almost completely latent) to use classic magic if he comes upon the necessary incantations and can acquire the ingredients and ritual space.

check the link in the sig if you wanna look at the comic / other characters.

Mike
[url]prilianlegends.keenspace.com[/url]
Jmk_photo

Postby Pimpette on Sun May 02, 2004 10:13 pm

Sidekick, eh?

Well, lessee.
You're welcome to one of Pimpette's characters, save Pimpette herself, since a life as a sidekick might not attract her as much as the lifestyle she has now. :wink:

A couple jump to mind though:

Frankie is a hot-tempered leprechaun who enjoys flying around with no apparent means of support, and wielding machine guns that are almost bigger than he is. He fears no one except Pimpette (and of course, Turkish), but was perfectly willing to conspire against her while she was off rescuing someone.
(Frankie's first appearance)

Speed is a tiny mexican big-eyed blue dog who is heavily addicted to, well, speed. He likes his master, Frog, but happily sold said master to a drug dealer in exchange for more drugs. He pretty much creeps everyone out but doesn't seem to notice, and will follow anyone so long as his ability to obtain and use speed is not threatened.
(Speed's first appearance)
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Tue May 04, 2004 12:15 am

yeah Frankie rocks.. he's actually my favorite character in the pimpette series!
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby Alschroeder on Tue May 04, 2004 8:04 am

Hmmm. Well, there's my main character Mindmistress, whose main power is that she has a 784 I.Q., total recall, and makes Brainiac Five and Reed Richards look like dunces---and she wears exoskeletal armor that gives her strength and speed in Spider-Man's class, a way to cast illusions a la Princess Projectra (or use the same to disappear, a la the Invisible Woman), and she has a Boom Tube like "catwalk" for transportation...oh, yeah, a force field that repels high-velocity objects like bullets.
The thing is, she's hardly the Sidekick TYPE. She'd end up running the partnership. In fact, she has a helper/sidekick called VICKI who looks like an angel but is actually a hologram/program a la the Doctor on Star Trek: Voyager.
However, I do have a suggestion...I have a list of her opponents so far at http://mindmistress.keenspace.com/mmrogues.htm and the last one, Moodswing, is able to both sense and influence emotions. Sort of like the Psycho-Pirate or Psycho-Man, only beautiful. (If you click on her image, it'll take you to the story about her.) I'm not planning on using her again any time soon, and she got away. So...it would be FUNNY if she showed up as a "sidekick", and she has all the morals of a mink in heat. If you need a super-sluttish supercharacter to add to the mix, a (reformed?) supervillainness might fit the bill.---Al
http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com--MINDMISTRESS
---Think the superhero genre is mined out? Think all the superhero ideas have been done?
Think again.
Also check out http://www.webcomicsnation.com/alschroeder/flickerflame/series.php--Flickerflame</a>
Alschroeder
Regular Poster

Postby TheBladeRoden2 on Tue May 04, 2004 4:15 pm

This guy isn't from my current comic Risen, but from one of my older comics The Mega Couses. The creatively named Dr. Botro is the resident mad scientist. He once lived in his fortress but now resides on a barge after the protagonists destoyed it. He collects scrap metal and contrusts it into giant robots of war. Was once contracted by a rogue military general but since his death Dr. Botro is now unemployed and looking for work. What he lacks in hygeine he makes up for in snideness. He tries to avoid direct confrontation and gets flustered when the heroes show up. But being behind the glass of his control booth for his robots or in the safety of his flying saucer helps boost his confidence.

"i just want to get back to life, but for that i just need to get dead" -boby
JR Productions Risen: The Forum
TheBladeRoden2
Regular Poster

Postby Toxic on Sun May 09, 2004 10:20 am

All of you will never believe who I got to be in my newest comic. Remember the guy who lived in the library at NYU? Yep. He'll be appearing as 'Bobst Boy'. Another thing I never know about him, he's a big fan of "Something Positive".

Even more shocking: He was a reader of my comic when it began. :o
Toxic
Faster Pussycat

Postby Toxic on Sun May 09, 2004 4:51 pm

Roster so far:

Treize Fennin (picture needed) (honour.keenspace.com)

Shitake the Telepathic Mushroom (picture needed) (evilmrkittens.keenspace.com)

Stryker (phactorri.net)

Gabrielle DiAngelo (prilianlegends.keenspace.com)

Turkish (pimpette.keenspace.com)

Mind Mistress (mindmistress.keenspace.com)

Bobst Boy (homelessatnyu.com) :wink:

Dr. Botro (members.lycos.co.uk/jrproductions/frontpage.html)
Toxic
Faster Pussycat

Postby Kris X on Sun May 09, 2004 9:05 pm

I highly suggest Hamster of DOOM. He's a fuzzy little evil-creature of chaos. His special powers that of biting and tripping inccocent bystanders.

PK Comics meets Gaming genre.
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten

Postby TheBladeRoden2 on Mon May 10, 2004 4:31 pm

TOXIC AVENGER! wrote:Roster so far:

Stryker (phactorri.net)

Turkish (pimpette.keenspace.com)

Mind Mistress (mindmistress.keenspace.com)

Bobst Boy (homelessatnyu.com) :wink:

Dr. Botro (members.lycos.co.uk/jrproductions/frontpage.html)

thank you for reminding me to change my homepage link!
"i just want to get back to life, but for that i just need to get dead" -boby
JR Productions Risen: The Forum
TheBladeRoden2
Regular Poster

Postby TimberWolf on Mon May 10, 2004 6:27 pm

Right here you go.

Those 'eyes' drawn are him are from a sharpie after a character gets on a drunk and does it. The character is telepathic, and is very sensitive to pain, swearing when hurt at all. Broken glass bottles jammed into its top is the weakness for the character.

Have fun.

Fscking school, I'm behind where I should be for the comic so bad because they are piling on work for the end of the year.[/img]
*Realizes he has less free time now that school is over.*
TimberWolf
Regular Poster

Postby RLC Davidson on Tue May 11, 2004 7:56 am

I'm about half done with my Fennin pic, and it should be done by Thursday at the latest.

RLC Studios Forums
RLC Davidson
Regular Poster

Postby Jmk_photo on Tue May 11, 2004 7:12 pm

TOXIC AVENGER! wrote:Roster so far:

Stryker (phactorri.net)

etc and so forth ...

Hey DMK, would you mind changing her name (rather updating it)? As soon as I wade through my artwork Gabrielle will be no more in this comic (in name only) The character is still the same personality and ability-wise I just realized last night going through some old stuff that "Gabrielle DiAngelo" is too important in a serparate project for me to use her name here. The correct name that should be attached to this character (again after looking through a backlog of notes and such is as follows

Mireille 'Mir' Silverleaf (that is pronounced 'mee-RAY-ya' btw)

thanks and sorry for the confusion

Mike
http://prilianlegends.keenspace.com
Jmk_photo

Postby Phact0rri on Tue May 11, 2004 7:33 pm

alteration...

phactorri.net is my personal website, for my art, music, and stuff.

Decypher isn't on there and its a diffrent animal all together, http://decypher.keenspace.com sorry if I confused ya.
Phact0rri

Postby Toxic on Fri May 21, 2004 7:11 pm

Okay...
Toxic
Faster Pussycat

Postby RLC Davidson on Sat May 22, 2004 1:21 pm

Alright, got it finished. The hair spikes are pretty much random on the top, but the four in the front are always the same.

RLC Studios Forums
RLC Davidson
Regular Poster

Postby Toxic on Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:24 pm

It begins...
Toxic
Faster Pussycat

Next

Return to Dropdowns and Crossovers