Subject / Theme Specific Top 10's ??

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.

Subject / Theme Specific Top 10's ??

Postby Jmk_photo on Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:53 pm

We have the Keenspace Top 99, the Keenspace Top 100 and all manner of theme-space (catchy huh?) dropdowns. Has anyone considered, or is there even any interest in a theme specific "Top 10" ?

Of course the numbers would be up to the owner and moderator of the list (top 10, 20, 50, 100 who knows?)

I'm currently looking to see if there is interest in either a Fantasy or Anime/Manga themed Top-List.

feedback on either idea greatly appreciated.

Mike
[url]prilianlegends.keenspace.com[/url]
Jmk_photo

Postby Sword Chan on Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:33 pm

wow! top 10 would be tough! make it top 20 or 30. i'd definitely go for the anime/manga. or how about a list of comics that can be considered for being in the top without there being a limit to the number of people that can join.
Sword Chan
Regular Poster

Postby Faub on Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:40 pm

Are you wanting to pick a single theme or do you intend to have categories? If the latter, what categories?
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Joel Fagin on Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:49 pm

Sounds like a reasonable idea. I will just say that I always think 100 is too much. I never look at anything past the top twenty myself.

However, ten is to few. I'll agree with Sword Chan and say 20 or 30.

- Joel Fagin
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)

Postby Jmk_photo on Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:39 am

OK, gonna try and reply to all concerns so far ...

Sword-Chan - I was actually planning on having it much like the current Top 99 / Super 100, basically joining is open to whomever fts whatever category but the readers are the ones who vote etc

Faub - I was technically thinking about putting together either a Fantasy or an Anime/Manga Top Comic List, but in the process hit on the idea that there may be others with different interests who would enjoy similar set-ups for their own themes. I do not have the time/space/knowledge to put together a full array of lists fully functional with themes and catergories, but anyone who wanted to take my idea and do such, or even wanted to run a list for their category of choice, has my full permission and (at least moral) support.

Joel - yeah I like the idea of a "Top 20" ... that being said there would still probably end up being 100 plus members after a while, the nature of the beast. The good part, though, is that the top 20 rankings could be featured apart from the rest of the crowd and have the rest ranked in their own space. Just my thoughts.

In conclusion. There seems to be at least minor interest, so I think I'll go forward with this, at least as an experiment. Sometime in the next few days be looking for ... something I dunno what exactly yet ^_^;;

Mike
[url]prilianlegends.keenspace.com[/url]
Jmk_photo

Return to Dropdowns and Crossovers