Sword Week

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.

Sword Week

Postby Orion on Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:03 am

Heya, I'm not totally sure this is the right place but it seemed to be the best. basically I wanted to request some guest art.

basically the character in my comic who is a sword enthusiast much along the lines of greg dean from Real Life. He's been transported to a fantasy dimension and will soon be shopping for a sword.

basically I was going to switch to a daily format for the duration of the shopping and was just going to have pictures of the swords he was looking at along with a short dialogue between him and his sister each strip. I figured it might be a cool time to have some guest art from other sword fans. basically it would either be just a picture of a cool fantasy sword or the character, Orion, with the sword. If no one helps me I may cry :cry:
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Pimpette on Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:03 pm

what/where's your comic?
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Postby Orion on Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:07 pm

sorry, it's Beyond Reality, it's a comic about dimensional/parallel travel with a lot of fantasy thrown in.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Pimpette on Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:22 pm

Good stuff!

I could probably have something for you in a day or two :D
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:14 pm

I might be able to throw somthing up. Black and white or colored?
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Orion on Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:19 pm

Excellent. black and white is sort of the standard with colors for special effects. but feel free to make it colored if you like.

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Pimpette on Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:29 pm

Well colouring is fun so mine will be in colour :)

Do you have any preferences regarding size?
generally I keep mine at a max of 700pixels wide..
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:06 pm

when are you expecting these in by.. so I know when I need to set down to do it.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby TheBladeRoden2 on Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:52 pm

Huah! Already done!

Though I did discover that sharpies aren't the best for inking.
"i just want to get back to life, but for that i just need to get dead" -boby
JR Productions Risen: The Forum
TheBladeRoden2
Regular Poster

Postby Orion on Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:24 pm

BladeRoden- you rock.

This is great. Since I don't script my comic very well I'm a little unsure when the shopping spree begins, except that it will be at least 2 to 3 weeks, mostly since I only update tri-weekly.

Sword week will last until I run out of stuff. the basic idea is Orion, an ADHD-riddled fantasy geek who loves swords, finds himself transported to a fantasy-style (one might even say RPG rip-off) world. Naturally he wants to finally get his hands on an actual magic sword. his sister, who plays the role of the more sensible character, knows how bad it would be for her hyperactive, overenthusiastic, uncoordinated brother to get his hands on a long sharpened piece of metal, let alone a magical one. so the deal is that he can get a sword so long as she decides that its safe.

so the vision I have for each comic is basically him gushing over a sword and her disaproving it for various reasons. Eventually he will get a sword, I intend for it to be a big sword- big as in FFVII.

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Orion on Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:07 am

Ok, Just so you guys know, I intend for sword week to start a week from monday. I already have pimpette's strips, but anyone else who wants to draw something should know the clock is running.

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby [geoduck] on Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:19 pm

I can't draw genuine Heroic Fantasy Art, but I could probably come up with a one-off strip involving a character from my own strip and a sword for sale, if you are interested.
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero

Postby Orion on Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:22 pm

No problem, it would be great to get some more people involved.

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jmk_photo on Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:36 pm

don't know how long this is gonna run (since the thread is a week old) but if you're still interesated I'll send you a couple ... I've got two Swordsmen in my comic and could use the advertising to boot!

let me know
Jmk_photo

Postby Orion on Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:41 pm

That, would be cool. it started yesterday but since I only got about 3 days worth of submissions it would be terrific to have some more. :)

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jmk_photo on Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:05 pm

orion wrote:That, would be cool. it started yesterday but since I only got about 3 days worth of submissions it would be terrific to have some more. :)

hopefully I can send some your way tonight. I'll do the art but I'll let you fill in the text as I do not have enopugh time to this afternoon to become familiar enough with your characters to script them ... oh btw ... you want this in your style or mine?

prilianlegends.keenspace.com <-- mine can be seen here ^_^
Jmk_photo

Postby Jmk_photo on Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:29 pm

jmk_photo wrote:hopefully I can send some your way tonight. I'll do the art but I'll let you fill in the text as I do not have enopugh time to this afternoon to become familiar enough with your characters to script them ... oh btw ... you want this in your style or mine?

prilianlegends.keenspace.com <-- mine can be seen here ^_^

on second thought I think I've got both characters pretty well in hand. I'll send some stuff your way tonight.
Jmk_photo

Postby Orion on Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:39 pm

feel free to do it in your style, I'm sure you're more comfortable working that way.

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Return to Dropdowns and Crossovers