Halloween Crossover?

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.

What would be the best Halloween Crossover ?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:45 pm

Drawing halloween guest strips and linking to each other sites
44%
Actually have a scripted storyline that runs from comic site to comic site - each artist writing one panel and putting it on their site. Sequential!
56%
Have each participating comic create an ecard that can be hosted - for instance on my site with links to their creator!
No votes

Total votes : 9

Halloween Crossover?

Postby Uneide on Mon Sep 09, 2002 7:45 pm

It so happens that Halloween is my favourite holiday, and I think it should definitely be a special ocassion so... would anyone be up to doing a Halloween crossover type of thing? :P

My suggestion would be for the sequential story that runs panel by panel into all participating comics.. I believe- DAMONK from FRAMED did this once... would anyone that participated tell us how it went?
http://blatah.keenspace.com

A shapeshifting bard. A girl who falls from the sky or is thrown off roofs. a self described stylish monk.

http://www.uneide.com/nocturnia
The winter of the Unseelie...
Uneide
Regular Poster

Postby MintWhelp on Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:50 am

Well, that sounds quite interesting... Though doing the guest comic thing would need less planning, it would not be as cool as doing the secuential stuff... mmnh. Well, anyways, good luck with this evil plan of yours.
MintWhelp

Postby Saganaki on Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:48 pm

I could go for a run-together storyline like that, though it'd have to start soon.

Either way, if you're taking signups for such a thing, you can put me down for it
Kari & Doug - You could easily do worse. Far, far worse.
Saganaki
Regular Poster

Postby Cindermain on Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:32 am

Hey, I love Halloween.

I ha ve a week-long strip planned already, but I love a good crossover too.

So yeah, I'll sign up.
"For those of you who've just tuned in, the Pinedale Shopping Mall has just been bombed with live turkeys. Film at eleven." - WKRP in Cincinnati
Cindermain
Regular Poster

Postby Deathbringer on Sat Sep 14, 2002 1:21 pm

*cough*

http://www.frightnight.org

..doesnt look like theyre doing one for 2002 though..
I MAKE MANY COMICS / Some are on paper! / Used to have one on Keenspace too...
"The lettering in children's comics has grown larger and simpler, as have the kids" - Lew Stringer
Deathbringer
Regular Poster

Postby Cindermain on Sat Sep 14, 2002 6:59 pm

Thanks...but I saw that, and they seem to not be sharing with the other kids in the sandbox, because they only posted about the 2002 one in the Keenspot forums.

That, and haven't responded to me yet... :evil:
"For those of you who've just tuned in, the Pinedale Shopping Mall has just been bombed with live turkeys. Film at eleven." - WKRP in Cincinnati
Cindermain
Regular Poster

Postby Deathbringer on Sun Sep 15, 2002 9:26 am

Ooh right, I guess i'll just have to run my halloween special myself then XD, well its actually gonna go on for longer than just halloween and fit in with the storyline of only my comic so thats a good idea anyway..XD
I MAKE MANY COMICS / Some are on paper! / Used to have one on Keenspace too...
"The lettering in children's comics has grown larger and simpler, as have the kids" - Lew Stringer
Deathbringer
Regular Poster

Postby Cindermain on Sun Sep 15, 2002 9:46 am

There you go.
Cindermain
Regular Poster

Postby Toxic on Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:02 pm

Halloween crossover? HOT DOG! sign me up. i love halloween.
Toxic
Faster Pussycat

Postby Rissa on Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:10 pm

I like the idea of a massive continuation thing. But what order would it go in and all that lovely detail stuff? Maybe a better idea would be to pick a Halloween scenario for everyone, and each comic artist finds a way to put their characters into it. Someone could host a list of all the comics participating, and everyone could link to that list. That'd be kinda neat =)
Rissa

Postby Katrover on Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:38 pm

What I fear is that the storyline will fizzle out or stop after a while, like it did with Keenquest #1 (DANGIT! Where IS Douglas Adam's towel!?). In addition, I remember losing tracke of the plot or a similar Halloween event....

IF it's decided that the squential idea is used, be sure to have a definate end. Say, the tenth page is the last one.

In the meantime, sign me up. Sounds fun. Good that you're planning this still in September.

-Katrover (http://realities.keenspace.com)
Katrover

Postby Toxic on Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:58 pm

someone should set up a chat or something to get this thing off the ground. if there are 10 people than everyone should do 3 strips or someting and end the storyline on oct 31. i call last 3!!!!!!!!!
Toxic
Faster Pussycat

wee! i wanna play!

Postby MoDeRnAzNvAmPiReEfFeY on Sun Sep 22, 2002 5:23 pm

^^ hehe effey wanna play too! halloween is soo fun! (especially when you have people yelling at you and staring at fanged teeth >>)
(effey has a shounen-ai comic...but who cares! i wanna join!!)
i actually like the ecard idea cuz i don't update frequently but the comic-y version one is cool too
MoDeRnAzNvAmPiReEfFeY

Return to Dropdowns and Crossovers