I've been thinking about this for days and I was curious if this was ever done. It just seems like a natural thing for small webcomics to do, as in group together to help each other get to their feet....a sort of training wheels if you will.
What I was thinking was in this "alliance" there would be a MAXIMUM requirement as far as visits a day or something like that (maybe around 50 or 100, whatever). Each comic can link to the other comics and help promote them. Perhaps having a week or month where every comic would promote the same one on their main page or something. Probably the comics involved would have to be monitored to make sure that when one becomes big enough and popular enough that it would "graduate" and no longer be a part of the group.
I dunno, I just feel there are a lot of small webcomics out there that are still trying to get on their feet and this will be just one other way of promotion and a good way to create a community of webcomics that are more similar than in other communites (like Keenspace as a whole).
Well there are a few groups like that set up. There's of course the dropdown groups who organize together and promote each other, some more so than other, the most organized was keenime but I'm not sure whats goin on there.
there are also comic groups that get together like Exile comics which our own Jim North is a part of, Hot Bullet Press where Liriel's bad blood takes part in, and a few others out there-- usually looking for quality comics so that they can help each other, a simular genre or some such.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Bryan Wong, who made the keenime dropdown, can't do it anymore. No one is taking the reins on the dropdown and so it basically is as is for now. Also, the keenime dropdown wouldn't help anybody that doesn't use the anime/manga style.
but then those small sites will become larger, and then they'll be over the 100 a day limit, nd they'll be everything they tried to be against. how sad it will be =(
=)
<Exit: The Professionals> <Enter: The College Pros> Vote for me here
If you're gonna make a webcomic alliance, don't base it on visits. In my opinion that's just stupid. So you're saying no more then 50-100 visits a day? So what happens when one site surpasses that? Do you kick them out and then go find someone else to join? That seems a little harsh and not needed.
If you make one do it with comics either like your own, or ones you like.
tarotreader3 wrote:but then those small sites will become larger, and then they'll be over the 100 a day limit, nd they'll be everything they tried to be against. how sad it will be =(
=)
"be against" Now I can understand, "bring down the man and commerciialization" and stuff. but to be against people reading your comics, well then it'd make no sense to be a group of webcomic artists anyways. cause then more people look at your comics anyways. and alliances are built to serve the function of reading more comics and share readers.
*shakes head*
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Now if I were to make a webcomic alliance I'd have to do it with the Cool Cortland, the Bootylicious Birdie, and the Phantastic Phact0rri.
Now you notice none of these comics are the same; and Cortland's is the only one that is really "popular". But who cares I'd do it with these people cause they rock my socks, and make me want to sing alternative rock all day long.