Kan Kong Song

Captain Kool-Aid
Regular Poster

Post by Captain Kool-Aid »

Yo, Bomar! This is Joel, from my dad's work. I'm still grounded from the computer, but for today my father's taking pity on me.<P>Anyway, I was wondering if you would take my "Kan Kong Song!" I wrote for school. I'm only allowed to check my E-mail, so mail me if you think about it (Wizzlenitz@aol.com).<P>P.S. So, what's with this new picture format? What's it like? How many colors can it handle? Does it load fast? Why didn't I hear about it!?

Somebody Strange
Regular Poster

Post by Somebody Strange »

Dan --<P>First, I personally would like to hear the aforementioned "Kan Kong Song".<P>Second, I would like to vow to never again use the word "aforementioned" in a Kan Kong post.<P>Third, Wizzlenits??<P>Fourth, I would like to make a couple comments regarding your statement on the front page. I'm sure you expected some kind of feedback. What kind of feedback you were expecting is beyond me, but here goes...<P>You state that you are not an artist. I'd like to gently remind you to check the title of your comic: The <i>Crudely Drawn</i> Adventures of Kan Kong. We don't <i>care</i> that you're not an artist. In fact, I get a giggle every time you draw a little arrow to something to point out what it is.<P>However, if you're adamant that you can't draw this comic until you find an artist or become one, may I recommend searching for an artist who will use your ideas? Frankly, I'd be more than willing to make an attempt to draw the series, but my scanner doesn't work and I can't afford a new one. (Actually, my brother-in-law has offered me one for $30, but that's still just a teensy bit out of my range for the next couple months.) I'm not an artist either, but I planned on doing my own comic -- in fact, I even signed up with Keenspace (viciouslies.keenspace.com -- don't bother going there, there's nothing to see) despite my lack of artistic talent because I figured what the hey? I even drew a couple sample strips -- both of which were surprisingly well-drawn, actually -- but my inspiration for the strip was actually a sitcom I once scripted and then scrapped, and it's hard to convert the 22-minute format of a sitcom into four-panel strips. I ran out of ideas immediately.<P>Anyway, like I said, I'd be happy to be your artist if you supplied the ideas (dialogue, what's in each panel, etc), but with no scanner at the moment, I don't know how well it would work. But my overall point is -- if I'm willing to do it, I'd bet you can find others with more equipment and/or experience who are also willing to do it.<P>Just a thought.<P>--Strange<P>------------------
Neurotic -- sane, but unhappy about it.

JtP
Regular Poster

Post by JtP »

At least you don't have my "confidence". I do a comic (I've been mumbling about it for a while) for a friend, but I'd prefer no one to know I do it. I won't even put a link up to the site.
Heh, my friend gave me photoshop 6.0 for free. Making pics in MS Paint was kind of a pain. Well, I feel it's a bit of a step up. BTW, I made an attempt at fan"art", for KK. But, that confidence thing.....

JtP
Regular Poster

Post by JtP »

I sent it.
..I like drawing, yet I get hesitant showing others my work. I'm just a mess of complications, aren't I?<P>o_O Gah! I thought I DISABLED smiles in my post! [shrugs] Oh well.<p>[This message has been edited by JtP (edited 03-27-2001).]