Mari?

Postby FriskyKnight on Tue Mar 12, 2002 10:12 am

Are we getting ready to see Mari in all her glory? Hold on a minute while I wipe my chin (drooling)...
FriskyKnight

Postby Fugli Troll on Tue Mar 12, 2002 1:09 pm

Can't say yet... that would be telling...

Hey Dewd... did you sign up with the keenspace forums just to ask a question here? I'm not sure yet, but I think I'm honored.

How can I let you down by not answering such a noble question? The fact is, at this point... there's only one more comic made and in the hopper. It shows a bit (from behind), but uses strategic placement to hide the parts for which you're looking. The one after that might not... haven't made it yet though... It's supposed to come out around the 21st... so I've got a couple of days to decide....

So I put this question to the readership:
Would you like to see Mari fighting in the buff or not?
Ahem, That's <A HREF="http://dirkdancer.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>DeViations</a>, not 'deviant.' There is a difference, however fine that line may be.
Fugli Troll
Regular Poster

Postby FriskyKnight on Wed Mar 13, 2002 10:46 am

Yes, master of the realm, I did join just so I could ask. The anticipation was just too much! *g*

You already know my vote!

BTW, I've been reading for a while, and I want to compliment and thank you for the great comic.
FriskyKnight

Postby Quiller on Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:50 pm

Well obviously Mari is going to fight on, since
1) Her prudishness is not going to make her stop in the middle of a battle, particularly against someone who embarrassed her.
2) It wasn't giving her much protection anyway, so it won't affect her fighting
and
3) She really wants to wipe the smirk off that guys face (hidden though it is by armor).

So you have a choice of more strategic hiding behind things, bringing in the censorship fairy or just showing the battle.

You already did the campfire thing (nice use of lighting by the way) so you've already decided to visit that territory somewhat. I'd say that you should do it if ...
1) You are prepared to do it from an artistic standpoint (it will match the same quality as the strip as a whole)
2) It works as a comic (A nude picture of Mari by itself belongs more in the artwork section than as a comic)
3) It fits your conception of where you want to go with the comic. Fan service should not take over a comic, it still has to stem from the comic's creator.

All in all, I've been pretty impressed by this storyline, I think it is good for your characters to get out of the castle and become an adventuring party. That's what RPG's are all about. I think it has given you a chance to stretch your artistic skills somewhat as well.
Quiller

Postby Fugli Troll on Thu Mar 14, 2002 12:15 pm

Heh... I never said that I'd change my concept depending on the vote. I was just wondering how the populace of this place thought.

Although I'm not saying that I cannot be swayed by a sudden surge in one way or the other. Just keep in mind that I've already started on that day's strip... I'm still gonna leave you guessing though.
Ahem, That's <A HREF="http://dirkdancer.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>DeViations</a>, not 'deviant.' There is a difference, however fine that line may be.
Fugli Troll
Regular Poster

Postby FriskyKnight on Fri Mar 15, 2002 6:16 am

Guessing is good; it won't spoil the fun! I'll be a fan no matter what you do in the strip.
FriskyKnight

Postby Fugli Troll on Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:23 am

now, has this been what you're looking for?

BTW, sorry everyone about the file size on the March 21 strip. It's a picture resolution issue. I could have made it smaller but it would look like one of those high contrast weather maps rather than the strip I intended. I did want to do a single space multi-frame for this one though.
Fugli Troll
Regular Poster

Postby FriskyKnight on Mon Apr 01, 2002 8:17 am

Oh, you've exceeded my wildest expectations! Great artwork, and the animated pane was superb!
FriskyKnight

Return to DeViations