Paper Drive is On

Paper Drive is On

Postby Miles Kendig on Sun Jan 19, 2003 2:05 pm

If you haven't scrolled all the way down to the end of the Jan 10 comic lately you may have missed the start of Glych's paper drive [pictures Indiana Glych wielding her whip to drive recalcitrant pads of paper to her drawing table].
Miles Kendig

Postby FortyTwo on Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:31 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, Miles! I'd completely missed it.

But alas, Glych, I am but an impoverished college student, so all I can give you right now is fan adoration and moral support. Good luck!
FortyTwo

Postby Glych on Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:38 pm

:oops:

I am embarrassed.

-glych
---
I love the smell of India Ink in the morning.
Panel2Panel
Glych
Cartoon Hero

Postby ZOMBIE USER 11735 on Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:26 pm

Don't be embarrassed. I think thats one of the better "Tip Jar" Ideas I have seen. I like the idea of helping a person get supplies directly rather then not knowing if what i donate really goes to the cause intended. (please feed poor starving Haji, sure i could give him a sandwich but I really like what i brought for lunch today)

I just didn't see your post until Miles posted here.

I have to admidt I finished reading the comic and then scrolled up again to click on the forum link :cry: sorry

Let me see what bills look like this week and I will see what i can do to help with paper.
ZOMBIE USER 11735
Regular Poster

Postby Siece on Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:42 am

As it so happens, I'll be picking up my own school supplies later today.

This leaves me with only two questions:

1)What kind of paper do you prefer?

2)Where should I send it?

OK, <strike>three</strike> four:

3)Do you need pens, ink or other supplies too?

4)What are you preferred brands/styles?

--
Siece
Regular Poster

Location: Gully Foyle is my name/and Terra is my nation./The stars are my dwelling place/Death my destination.

Postby Glych on Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:34 pm

Um...well...I'm taking it off, because I don't need any more paper...

As ide from that...i don't really need anything...

Funny thing about art, the supplies are REALLY expensive...

I mean, the ink I like costs $14 a bottle (barely 2 oz!!!) and the pens I like costs about $25 a pen...

I'm not going to ask my fans, no matter how generous, to buy me a $25 pen...I'm sorry, but I have principals...

Just because I'm picky doesn't give me the right to untie your purse strings...

Thank you all who contributed!

Thank you!

-glych
---
Panel2Panel
Glych
Cartoon Hero

Web comics are NOT web pages

Postby Crazeyal on Sun Jan 26, 2003 6:56 pm

Unless you are a completly CG comic, you need supplies. Some artists are independant enough (or have generous parents/unobservant TA's watching the supply cabinet) to provide their own material.

At this point you don't have enough.

While I'd LOVE to see more NP or any of the other incarnations, it's up to you to create them. Asking for help in DOING that... Why in the WORLD would you be embarresed over honestly needing help?

If you got supplies and never returned? THEN you should feel bad. But you'd NEVER simply leave. It's not in your character.

I've been reading your work for years. I love your art. Thank you.

Now..
I support the online comic community.

If I can give Marvel and DC the TONS of cash I have over the years.... I can spare a bit for something I've enjoyed for FREE. I usually use paypal. If you need a further hand just list an email that you want to use and you'll get whatever I have to spare that week.

Webcomic artists with 4 months of semi decent work, simply don't rate much loyalty. You have a MASSIVE archive. You paid your dues. Ask away.

Please come back soon.

We miss you.
Crazeyal
Regular Poster

Postby Siece on Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:19 pm

glych wrote:I'm not going to ask my fans, no matter how generous, to buy me a $25 pen...I'm sorry, but I have principals...

Didn't you used to sell original sketches for somewhere in that price range? Why not let us buy you the pen, but promise that the first thing it will be used for is a piece of original artwork which will be sent to the donor?

Aside from that, I have no room to talk on the 'being picky' thing, since I recently paid $35 for a paperback that was originally sold for $1.50.

--
Siece
Regular Poster

Location: Gully Foyle is my name/and Terra is my nation./The stars are my dwelling place/Death my destination.

Postby Glych on Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:28 pm

Hmm....well, I guess I could always sell some of the old experiments and ORIGINAL NS strips... Most of the experiment WAS digital because I didn't have paper (LOL!) and the 5 total NP comics I did (I only aired 4, the 5th has never been online) might be higher priced... I'm a little attached to them, you know?

As for me... Tomorrow I'm going to work on the comic, the site and write a LONG news update about current events in my life and whatnot...

Thank you.

-glych
---
Panel2Panel
Glych
Cartoon Hero

GOOD!

Postby Crazeyal on Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:44 pm

I, for one, am just glad this site wasn't one of the 1000 that Keenspot lost in the transfer. THAT, ladies and gents, would have sucked.

uh Glych...

You DO have backups of the artwork and site offline, right? :(
Crazeyal
Regular Poster

Postby BanditAngel on Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:25 pm

I have a copy of the 2001 and 2002 filesize-reduced images, a long with a copy of all but the very latest original images and HTML. It would take a while to sort everything out and restore the 2000 files to their nice new (smaller) size, but I could do it if something nasty happened. I'd just really like something nasty NOT to happen :)
BanditAngel
Regular Poster

Postby Glych on Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:28 pm

I have backups of EVERYTHING!

I am well prepared...

I'm just sorry for Damonk....

Oh...oh...poor damonk....

rewriting the escape alone is at least 3 weeks alone...

-glych
---
Panel2Panel
Glych
Cartoon Hero

Return to NonPersons