Steve...

Steve...

Postby Glych on Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:33 am

I think the comic speaks for itself.

Pain is life...

Life is pain...

Anyone who says differently is selling something (That's the Princess Bride, by the by)...

Pain goes away...

I'm alright.

Really.

^_^

-glych
---
I love the smell of India Ink in the morning.
Panel2Panel
Glych
Cartoon Hero

Postby ZOMBIE USER 11735 on Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:23 am

<smiles and claps quietly>

That was really nice.

I personally have problems putting words... words that have a connection to my feelings onto public forums .. I am working on that.

But you did a really nice job with that. I even had the .. "wow I been there" moment.

Scott (Jacksplat if keenspace ever gets fixed)
ZOMBIE USER 11735
Regular Poster

Postby Tangent on Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:52 pm

*hug*

Sometimes, a guesture can speak a thousand words.

The past few days have been rough for me. My car was rearended, and though my airbags did not deploy, because car manufacturers love to make their cars one piece, it seems likely my grandparents car will be totalled. I have money to pay for it, money I saved for just an event. And I sit, wrapped in an electric blanket, letting the heat of it soak into a sore back and neck (whiplash. Quite dandy, no? And I'll get nothing out of it because I don't have a job and thus no lost wages.) And I've felt rather mad at myself because I procrastinate and stuff and stuff.

And then, on a whim, and because I've been doing so anyway... I check No Stereotypes.

Thank you, Glych. Your sharing this... it helps lift me out of myself. Lets me remember my friends (and yes, we've only talked a little and met once, but you and Steve are my friends, to me at least *smile*) and see they are doing well.. or at least better than before.

What will be, will be. But it will be what we make of it.

Thank you for sharing, Amber. For a minute, there was no aching neck and back, no worries about a new car and what I'll get for this one. For one moment... I gazed into your soul. And it was good.

Take care, Amber.

Rob, a lone loony wolf witch
Tangent
Regular Poster

Postby Glych on Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:48 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your accident...
I hope you feel better...

The insurance should help a lot.

As for me...

I had to get it off of my chest....

HHmmm...

Maybe I should start a live journal.

-glych
---
Panel2Panel
Glych
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tangent on Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:59 pm

My dear Glych, I thought this comic *was* your version of a Live Journal! :) And much nicer than most. ;)
Robert A. Howard

Tangents

Save Clan of the Cats! This fantastic web-comic needs your help to stay alive! Even "just" reading the comic helps. Go to the web-site to learn more. :)
Tangent
Regular Poster

ouch

Postby Crazeyal on Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:26 pm

Tangent wrote: And I'll get nothing out of it because I don't have a job and thus no lost wages.)

Methinks thou dost protest too much! or perhaps not enough....

Unless the accident was SOMEHOW your fault (driving backwards blindfolded?????) you are not responsible for replacing the vehicle, AND you should be able to get money for the pain you are feeling now.

If the law allows criminals to sue homeowners for damages inflicted upon themselves while breaking INTO someone's property, you should be able to be compensated for pain suffered. (Note: this is NOT urban legend. I'm in the security Industry and it happens ALOT!!!)

You need to talk to a lawyer. If you have already talked to a lawyer, you need to talk to a COMPETANT one. Most lawyers with a proven track record will only take big money cases. The rest will either brush you off or require a big retainer before acting (and some of THOSE will proceed to stop returning phone calls)

But Insurance companies are THERE for this reason. One letter FROM a lawyer, and an Insurance company will offer to settle. Sometimes they try to settle BEFORE people get a lawyer, thereby paying a fraction of what they should actually be responsible.

The very least you should get is compensation for the vehicle. You SHOULD get money for the pain. It's all on how many hoops you want to jump through. Losing your rainy day savings is NOT a hoop I'd want to jump through.

Just my opinion. Take it at it's intent and good luck whatever you decide.
Crazeyal
Regular Poster

Postby Glych on Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:46 pm

:o

Remind me never to cross you...

-glych ;)
---
Panel2Panel
Glych
Cartoon Hero

Postby Crazeyal on Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:06 pm

glych wrote::o

Remind me never to cross you...

-glych ;)

Cross me?

ehhh I'm harmless.... Unless you count the hair trigger temper, anti-tank weapons training, martial arts, NYC subway survival training ect ect ect

:evil:

Just keep the markers above the table, and we won't have any problem...

(*considers the logic of alienating a hot chica who also has the ability to create an online comic that's addictive*)

uh.. yeah.. HARMLESS.. that's me...
Crazeyal
Regular Poster

Postby Glych on Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:56 pm

And yet something about keeping friends closer than enemies keeps running through my head...i don't know, maybe it's just me ;)

-glych
---
Panel2Panel
Glych
Cartoon Hero

?????????

Postby Crazeyal on Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:35 pm

:(

Enemies? Moi?

All *I* did was offer advice for someone to NOT roll over and take a financial beating. From what he said, nothing was his fault. Of course, EVERYONE says that....

I don't know why I come across as mean or something, I was trying to be nice....

later :-?
Crazeyal
Regular Poster

Return to NonPersons