we need a new topic

we need a new topic

Postby Genisist on Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:01 pm

lets talk about why dogs are better than cats... especially evil ones. that hiatus post is getting tooo long.

or how much the incredible hulk is the best superhero...
Genisist
Regular Poster

Postby Glych on Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:57 pm

Ah, but Dogs come when they're called; Cats come when they're interested...

And Batman is by far the best superhero ever!

The Hulk is cool, but if written badly is only pitiful and pathetic...

Spidey is the next best ever!

-glych
---
I love the smell of India Ink in the morning.
Panel2Panel
Glych
Cartoon Hero

Coming out on DVD

Postby ErikZ on Sun Oct 27, 2002 6:51 am

The spider-man movie will be coming out on DVD on the 1st of next month.
ErikZ
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 11735 on Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:50 pm

Bulk SMASH KITTY CAT .. KITTY CAT BAAD... Yea Hulk isn't the greatest story when written by people more interested in the fight then they are about why the fight. I almays thought it was cool that Dr. Banner had this huge secret boiling inside just waiting for him to pop a screw and screem I DON"T WANT MY ORDER KING SIZED JUST GIMME MY DAM BURGER.
ZOMBIE USER 11735
Regular Poster

Postby Genisist on Tue Oct 29, 2002 9:35 pm

Dogs are much more enjoyable to play with. cats are too ficky. Cats are arogent... (if i spelt that right) darned if I want my pet to tell me when i want to play with it.
as for the Hulk.
i agree. hes got to be written properly.
you know the stuff.. with the thing.. and the guy..
Genisist
Regular Poster

Postby CaptainMooki on Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:57 pm

Bah! Spidey's more of a Superhero than Batman! Batman is cold and cynical, he's got the priorities of a hero, but he's in too deep. Batman is more efficient vigilante with the priorities of a superhero, but Spiderman's got more of the "spirit" of a superhero.

I've never really thought of the Hulk as a superhero....never really thought he should be made to be anything like a superhero. I like him better in the Jekel and Hyde role. But the Hulk comic has had the best covers for quite a while now.

Dogs are loyal and more fun to play with, but Kitties are just so Cyoooooot!

...ah, ahem....excuse me while I go search for any remaining macho-ness I have left.
...and then everyone ate cookies and read "The Adventures of Captain Mooki" and were happy!
CaptainMooki
Regular Poster

Postby Glych on Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:15 pm

my friend Kaare Andrews has been doing those covers (http://www.kaareansrews.com) great guy! very talented...

I'll let him know you liked them...

Batman kicks ass...

Yes, he's a vigalante, but so's the Punisher...and all he does is shoot up bad guys, no questions asked...Batman wants to know why...

And Batman's nuts...It's more believable for a guy to be dressed up in a holloween costume fighting crime, jumping from roof top to roof top than it is for another guy to fly down from the sky, melt the doors on a car with ehat ray vision, lift the car up and drop it in front of cops AND have people ACCEPT this as an everyday occurence...

If you want to know how people would really treat superheroes sometime, read either Watchmen, Marvels, or Astro City...all very good.

-glych
---
Panel2Panel
Glych
Cartoon Hero

Postby CaptainMooki on Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:51 pm

I haven't read it yet, but my local comics pusher describes "Marshal Law" as if the crazy vietnam vets came back from the war with superpowers. It sounds good. Also, "X-Force", or now as it's called "X-Statics" is really good to, like a VH1 Behind the Music of superheros.

Also, for anyone in the Bay Area, The Warren Ellis Scotch Tasting and Isotope Store Name Change Party is on November 16 at 1651 Noriega in SF. Stop by, have a drink, and bask in the coolness of the freshly renamed comics lounge!
...and then everyone ate cookies and read "The Adventures of Captain Mooki" and were happy!
CaptainMooki
Regular Poster

teehee

Postby Greeneyedblackcat on Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:28 pm

I wonder if Atom really is the centre of the universe?

:roll:
Greeneyedblackcat
Regular Poster

Postby Glych on Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:20 am

It depends on how you mean the "centre" (center, here in the states)....

I've given a lot of clues as to the finale for the strip...

Basically, smaller, simpler elements combine and form to create larger more complex ones...

For example, particles form to creat atoms, which form to create molecules, which form to create amino acids, which form to create proteins, which form to creat cells, which form to create organisms, which form to create relationships, which form to create ecosystems, etc. etc. etc...

I created my characters. I formed them with my imagination, my drive, and my talent.

Which makes them larger, more complex that I am...

And gives them more power over themselves and me, taking the power out of my hands and putting it into theirs.

Spons created an immortal Atom to preserve his own life. I created an immortal Spons to create an importal Atom to preserve his own life.

Atom has the power to destroy Spons because he's larger, more complex than Spons who is larger, and more complex than me.

All that Atom has to do is stop believing is Spons, and Spons-
will-
cease-
to-
exist.

In that effect Atom is truely the centre/er of the universe.

At least by this line of incoherent logic.

-glych
---
Panel2Panel
Glych
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sly Duck on Sat Nov 09, 2002 4:06 pm

I think Spiderman does a better job of showing how people as a whole treat things. Batman does a better job of getting into a superhero's head. And finally, cat's are so much better than dogs. Cats are like people, only better because they can't give you criticism. My family breeds devon rexes, and they act just like dogs. For instance, you could say, "You there! Pur!" and it will.
Sly Duck

Postby Siece on Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:39 am

*Siece sneaks back onto the forum.*

I don't actually read many super heo comics, so my vote for best superhero of all time goes to Lazarus Long.

Also, for those who think dogs are better than cats...my rottweiler eating cat would like to have a word with you. ;)

What do you mean, you want to know where I've been?? I had 26.5 units[1] worth of classes last semester, and it's not like those E. coli cultures were going to transform themselves. Between that and me unexpectedly getting back together with my ex-wife, said ex-wife having (yet another) car accident, and my daughter getting sick, how was I supposed to find time to be here, too?

[1]for referrence, 12 units is considered a full time student.

--
Siece
Regular Poster

Location: Gully Foyle is my name/and Terra is my nation./The stars are my dwelling place/Death my destination.

Return to NonPersons