[ADMIN] Moderator Nominations Open

Postby BrockthePaine on Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:23 pm

Wanderwolf wrote:<sigh> So much for the moderator nominations. Looks like the allure of free time not spent moderating the forums wasn't enough to overcome the horror at having me nominated. :lol:

Thanks for the nominations, anyway. I'll be going, STRyker; time to see if I'm pre-banned from the new fora. :)

Yours truly,

The shrugging,

Wanderer

You're not. And I had some parts of the new site designed even before the little tiff about moderator priviledges.
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wanderwolf on Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:36 pm

BrockthePaine wrote:You're not. And I had some parts of the new site designed even before the little tiff about moderator priviledges.

<chuckle> Brock, don't take me so seriously. I do not suffer from inflammation of the ego, at least not enough to believe the new site was based entirely off of one little tiff I happened to be involved in.

Of course, I can't help a feeling like that of George Takei on hearing that Shatner was going to direct: The idea that, one by one, all dissenting voices will be quietly removed. But then, remember how I showed up on the political axes. It's a normal thought for me.:)

(In case you forget, I come in around the Hippies in terms of governmental trust. "Big brother, man!")

Yours truly,

The wolfish,

Wanderer
Wanderwolf
Regular Poster

Postby Skull on Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:42 am

Steltek wrote:I agree -- actually, the new site actually implements a lot of the features that the haters were complaining about, for example putting HO in it's own section.

Indeed. And it's interesting that Mr. Hayes himself denigrated those selfsame changes as needless at best, or contrary to his faith and beliefs at worst.

Curious, that. His actions, it seems, speak louder than his words.

And whether or not one feels the actions are "petty", it's quite telling that Mr. Hayes was content to host his three comics on Keenspace for almost six years, and within a month of the loss of his moderatorship, moves them to an entirely new site with all-new boards.

Think what you will, Mr. Hayes' actions tell another story.

~fin.
Skull
Regular Poster

Postby Shyal_malkes on Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:48 pm

(numb)Skull wrote:It appears, from a post on the other board, that Mr. Hayes has moved his comics and generated new boards. That has rendered this discussion moot

why then do you continue to attack him then if the discussion is so moot?

I personally find your continual attacks on him (as well as your poorly hidden insinuations) to be rather, shall I say petty, for you.
I still say the doctor did it....
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Postby STrRedWolf on Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:35 pm

I did notice Ralph moving his comics over to his own server...

...and having problems with them. :(

I'm of the position of keeping these three forums open. Ralph is welcome to point to them from his server, but my decision on moderator stands. My best of luck to him, as he's still welcome here as a regular user.

As of the time of this post, the nominations are:
Wanderwulf
Calbeck
Corporal Bo Kianna
Hortmage

Any more before I close nominations tomorrow night?
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Previous

Return to Under the Lemon Tree