[ADMIN] Moderator Nominations Open

User avatar
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: undef;
Contact:

[ADMIN] Moderator Nominations Open

Post by STrRedWolf »

Okay, now with that insanity that is the holidays over with.

I'm calling for nominations for moderators of the forums of all three of Ralph's comics. The forums are for Nip and Tuck, Under The Lemon Tree: Goblin Hollow, and NPC: Tales of the Questor. You get to nominate and vote for the two who get to mod all three.

The rules:
  • They must be active in these forums. If most of your posts are to Forum Games you'll be disqualified.
  • They must be even-handed. If you tick off my KookMeter(tm) by reminding me of the goofballs on Usenet, you're disqualified. Heck, you could be banned if you remind me of Van before I banned his butt. Most of you should pass this rule easily.
  • You can't be Ralph.
POST YOUR NOMINATIONS HERE! I'll give 'ya until Feburary. Feburary, you'll get to vote for two.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!

Labrusca
Regular Poster
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: Directly over the center of the earth.

Post by Labrusca »

Calbeck.
There's no insanity in my family. *I* have it all!!

User avatar
UncleMonty
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1789
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm

Post by UncleMonty »

After some thought, I've changed my nomination. I don't hate anyone enough to nominate them for this position.
Last edited by UncleMonty on Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avoid those who speak badly of the people, for such wish to rule over you.

Skull
Regular Poster
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:00 pm
Location: Right behind you... with a blade.

Post by Skull »

labrusca wrote:Calbeck.
This nomination fails requirement #2.

~fin.

User avatar
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1538
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:45 pm
Location: Further up and further in!

Post by BrockthePaine »

Skull wrote:
labrusca wrote:Calbeck.
This nomination fails requirement #2.

~fin.
Arguably, EVERYONE on this board could fail requirement #2. Including you, and including me. It just depends who's judging the requirements.
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee

User avatar
Narnian
Regular Poster
Posts: 621
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:25 pm
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

Post by Narnian »

I would like to nominate Wanderwolf

I disagree with him a lot but I believe he would be evenhanded.

Actually I think this would be a good criteria - have the more liberal folks nominate a conservative they respect and have the more conservative folks nominate a liberal they respect.

This would be like having one kid slice the cake and the other one pick - it would help ensure a more fair partition of the duties with respect to beliefs.
Pax,
Richard
-------------
"We are all fallen creatures and all very hard to live with", C. S. Lewis

User avatar
Axelgear
Regular Poster
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:30 am

Post by Axelgear »

I agree. Wanderwolf has my total support here. He's even handed, intelligent, and more than qualified for this. I've had my disagreements with him, at least I think I have, but he has my respect.
Astronomer. Sketch Artist. All-around generally creative and useless guy.

User avatar
BoKiana
Regular Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:28 pm

Post by BoKiana »

Yeah, I'll second nomination for Calbeck.

I should assume that self-nominations are a no-no, correct?
Allow me to introduce myself--Corporal "Bo" Kiana, Ex-Army, "Warmongering Psychopath Tool!"

User avatar
Steltek
Regular Poster
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:52 pm

Post by Steltek »

What about The Jam?

User avatar
The JAM
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2281
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in Mexico...
Contact:

Post by The JAM »

Flattered. I, however, will nominate both Calbeck and Corporal Bo Kianna.

User avatar
Kerry Skydancer
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1346
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Bethlehem PA
Contact:

Post by Kerry Skydancer »

BoKiana wrote:Yeah, I'll second nomination for Calbeck.

I should assume that self-nominations are a no-no, correct?
One would assume that someone who -wants- the power shouldn't be allowed to have it. 8-)

Not always true, but I've seen it often enough. The trick is to nominate someone who'll accept it but not want it bad enough to campaign.

A Liberal and Conservative pair sounds good, though. Wanderwulf balanced with Calbeck or Bo would probably work nicely.
Skydancer

Ignorance is not a point of view.

Skull
Regular Poster
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:00 pm
Location: Right behind you... with a blade.

Post by Skull »

BrockthePaine wrote:Arguably, EVERYONE on this board could fail requirement #2. Including you, and including me. It just depends who's judging the requirements.
Noted, and quoted. Mr. Hayes' comics are heavily polarized both religiously and politcally, and because of that, this board is populated by readers who are also highly polarized. The moderates, if there ever were any, have left, leaving only the sycophants or those with enough reserve obstinacy to continue the argument.

In other words, there's no poster here that could be trusted to moderate fairly. This group is already irretrievably polarized.

The only way to achieve fair moderation would be to task a disinterested outsider, perhaps from one of the other boards, that would limit his or her duties to the minimum necessary.

No one here, myself included, fits that requirement. Mr. Malcomson, in my opinion, would be little more than a watered-down version of Mr. Hayes himself.

If pressed, my nomination would be Hortmage; I suspect he will refuse the nomination, but that's why he's best suited. Anyone here that even remotely wants the job, are those least suited for it.

~fin.

Deckard Canine
Regular Poster
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:21 am
Location: DC

Post by Deckard Canine »

I consider myself moderate: not many issues get me worked up. However, I also consider myself lazy, so you wouldn't want me.

User avatar
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 am
Contact:

Post by Shyal_malkes »

Skull wrote:Noted, and quoted. Mr. Hayes' comics are heavily polarized both religiously and politcally, and because of that, this board is populated by readers who are also highly polarized. The moderates, if there ever were any, have left, leaving only the sycophants or those with enough reserve obstinacy to continue the argument.

In other words, there's no poster here that could be trusted to moderate fairly. This group is already irretrievably polarized.
[sarcasm]thanks for your vote of confidence there[/sarcasm]
I still say the doctor did it....

User avatar
BoKiana
Regular Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:28 pm

Post by BoKiana »

Skull wrote:The only way to achieve fair moderation would be to task a disinterested outsider, perhaps from one of the other boards, that would limit his or her duties to the minimum necessary.
I remember that idea from a GI Joe "Now I know" ending blirp. However, that can't always be the case.

It seems that the general consensuses is to have two opposing side moderators to help even the playing field. That I could agree with wholeheartedly. IF we had Wanderwolf as one moderator, I'm sure he'd be evenhanded and see things from his spectrum. That would be balanced by, say Calbeck, myself, even The JAM would see things from another spectrum, and I'm sure any of us would talk things through if actions were required and we'd butt heads before acting out the required action(s).

And thanks JAM and Kerry for the nomination. I half hope to be voted in, and I half mirror Gary Coleman's quote for himself in California's Governor election; "Heaven help us should I actually win"
Allow me to introduce myself--Corporal "Bo" Kiana, Ex-Army, "Warmongering Psychopath Tool!"

Skull
Regular Poster
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:00 pm
Location: Right behind you... with a blade.

Post by Skull »

shyal_malkes wrote:[sarcasm]thanks for your vote of confidence there[/sarcasm]
It appears, from a post on the other board, that Mr. Hayes has moved his comics and generated new boards. That has rendered this discussion moot, and if Mr. Hayes is no longer using Keen/CG's services, there is no reason to maintain, let alone moderate, these pages.

Confidence? It seems Mr. Hayes himself had no confidence in them. Unable to "tyrranize" (his word) this populace, he's taken his ball and gone home, so to speak, where he can.

How petty.

~fin.

User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am
Contact:

Post by Capnregex »

I don't find his actions petty at all.

What I do find petty is the tyranny of the whiner, trying to change the way things are because it is not the way they want it.

RH has not made a big stink by whining and throwing a tantrum about the decision. He has simply decided to change his circumstances so that it will no longer be a problem.

Quite frankly, given the threat to remove his comics. I am not the least surprised by the decision RH has made to change providers.

As for being tyrannical, last time I checked, nobody was holding a gun to my head, forcing me to participate in these forums.

User avatar
Wayfarer
Regular Poster
Posts: 776
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:15 pm
Location: Lantern Waste
Contact:

Post by Wayfarer »

Y'know, on the upside, now that Ralph has his own site and forum, he's got the smaller comics like TallyHo and HO separated out into their own spots, and the forum has nifty categories for different topics and discussions. On the whole, I think it could end up being a really good switch. :D
“The mirror may tell us what we are; memory may tell us what we were; but only the imagination can tell us what we might be.” – Donald Keesey

“You go whistling in the dark/ Making light of it/ Making light of it/ And I follow with my heart/ Laughing all the way// Oh 'cause you move me/ You get me dancing and you make me sing/ You move me/ Now I'm taking delight/ In every little thing/ How you move me”
~ "You Move Me"
Pierce Pettis, Gordon Kennedy

User avatar
Steltek
Regular Poster
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:52 pm

Post by Steltek »

I agree -- actually, the new site actually implements a lot of the features that the haters were complaining about, for example putting HO in it's own section.

User avatar
Wanderwolf
Regular Poster
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:18 pm
Location: Forney, TX, U.S.A.
Contact:

Post by Wanderwolf »

<sigh> So much for the moderator nominations. Looks like the allure of free time not spent moderating the forums wasn't enough to overcome the horror at having me nominated. :lol:

Thanks for the nominations, anyway. I'll be going, STRyker; time to see if I'm pre-banned from the new fora. :)

Yours truly,

The shrugging,

Wanderer

Locked