You're jerking my chain

You're jerking my chain

Postby The JAM on Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:15 pm

And no one pointed out this to him or the former owners because....? ;)
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sharuuk on Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:13 pm

2 points....And I agree with you JAM.....why wasn't Ben told this? I think withholding that fact is a violation of law pertaining to full disclosure concerning the property.

1) How does Beltane know this little factoid?

2) This'll drive ol' biddy Peckinsnif and her crew into apoplexy....... :x

Let her do it Ben.......and let the fun REALLY begin!! :twisted:

Şaaruuk
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jaydub on Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:19 pm

Sharuuk wrote:2 points....And I agree with you JAM.....why wasn't Ben told this? I think withholding that fact is a violation of law pertaining to full disclosure concerning the property.

1) How does Beltane know this little factoid?

2) This'll drive ol' biddy Peckinsnif and her crew into apoplexy....... :x

Let her do it Ben.......and let the fun REALLY begin!! :twisted:

Şaaruuk

Well let her do it but do you have any idea what it is going to cost to rent the entire arcade for the evening? And they must pay for the catering as well..... :twisted: As for Peckinsnif why not kill two birds or biddies with one stone.... :)
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams
Jaydub
Regular Poster

Postby Squeaky Bunny on Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:34 pm

He could bill it as a tag team match and sell tickets :roll:
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence. :shucks:
Squeaky Bunny
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:49 pm

GGGAAAAA! I never realized it until you guys mentioned it but....AAAAA! This is non-sense. How does Beltane know this and Ben not. Not to mention the irate 'church ladies' outside. He should tell her to go talk to the ladies outisde and see what happens.
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby LoneWolf23k on Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:17 pm

Indian Burial Ground? SERIOUSLY!? ...Or did someone just assume that upon seeing Ben's Cigar-Holding Chief?

...So, is this going to lead to a Poltergeist parody?
LoneWolf23k
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:25 pm

Query......Why would a Wiccan have anything to do with an Indian burial site? TTBOMK the American Indian didn't practice anything remotely resembling Wicca or Druidism!! :-?

Şaaruuk
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby NydaLynn on Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:13 pm

Sharuuk wrote:Query......Why would a Wiccan have anything to do with an Indian burial site? TTBOMK the American Indian didn't practice anything remotely resembling Wicca or Druidism!! :-?

Şaaruuk

Well... hmm... coven -would- more likley point to wiccan... but you never know. Could simply be a 'eclectic pagen group' that as decided to follow the acient native american 'path' (uber new agey idea of it anyway). Or they could be a bunch of fluff bunnies. :P
"Que Sera Sera..."
<a href="http://nydalynn.deviantart.com"> Deviant Art stuff</a>
NydaLynn
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:35 pm

Personally, I think Beltane is just bloody creepy.
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sciguy on Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:30 am

The Ladys probably got word of this and were there to shut it down.

As for Beltane and her Coven, I say, "Just say no." There's respecting another's beleafs, and then there's letting a worship of something toehr then your God in the home you sleep, eat, and live in.
"I'm all for art even if it offends me, so long as it doesn't miss represent me." -Rob D.L.
Sciguy
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:52 am

Well, lets apply the principle of moral relativism to this situation and see if we can produce a meaningful solution....

Hmmm....

Side A's activities are morally repugnant to side B and could be construed as forcing their beliefs on B.

Side B's activities are morally repugnant to side A and could be construed as forcing their beliefs on A.

Now, according to moral relativism, A and B are equally valid, and we don't want to step on anyone's toes...

Therefore we can resolve the contradictory viewpoints by...

I have no idea....
Always tell the truth, that way you don't have to remember anything. -- Mark twain
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Skip Sanders on Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:16 am

LoneWolf23k: Indian Burial Ground? SERIOUSLY!?

While I'm not saying it isn't, Beltane did not say burial ground, she said sacred ground. That covers far more than just burial sites.
Skip Sanders

Re: You're jerking my chain

Postby Roberto the Dane on Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:40 am

"Beltane, as a Native American, I am not going to let your band of Euro-centrist colonize this sacred ground."

:roll:

Roberto the Dane
Roberto the Dane
Regular Poster

You're jerking my chain

Postby Roberto the Dane on Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:01 am

Beltane said: Your arcade is sitting on ancient hallowed Indian grounds--...."

What better use for hallowed grounds than a permenant celebration of All Hollows Eve? It is a bit late, but Merry Hallomas, everybody. :)

Roberto the Dane
Roberto the Dane
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:10 am

Roberto the Dane wrote:"Beltane, as a Native American, I am not going to let your band of Euro-centrist colonize this sacred ground."

Roberto the Dane

This is a good point. Ben does have some Native American heritage. It would be kinda weird to claim for this instance but still.
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wanderwolf on Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:13 am

Answering a few points:

Spot on, Skip. "Sacred ground" and "burial ground" are two different things. Snake Mound in OH, for instance, has no associated burial, although it is a sacred earthwork.

Sharuuk is right: Wiccans don't have anything to do with "ancient burial grounds". A Wiccan coven can hold their rituals anywhere, as long as they ritually purify the site. Ny suspicion that Beltane is not even intended to be like a Wiccan is growing, here...

(Likewise her reference to it as "All Souls", which is a Catholic name for the holiday. Wiccans use a variation of the Celtic name, "Samhain".)

J.A.M., the real estate agent is only bound to reveal it if they know it. Throw in the fact that tons of horror movies have made houses on "ancient Indian burial grounds" downright unsellable, and the agent has a good reason to disniss the rumors as hearsay without checking them.

Sciguy, Beltane didn't say "in the arcade". She said "on your grounds". That means he can keep Beltane both happy and at a safe distance. But yeah, be interesting to see how this shakes out with the church society. (I refuse to call Peckensnif a "lady". She is a woman, yes, but that "ain't no lady".)

Yours truly,

The wolfish,

Wanderer
Wanderwolf
Regular Poster

Postby The JAM on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:34 am

Ah, problem solved then. Let Beltane & Co do their show and make SURE that Church Lady & Co show up as well.
Class, can you say "matter colliding with anti-matter"? :D
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:42 am

Well, see if Ben lets Beltane and her group do their thing then the church ladies have all the proof they need of 'occultic worship.' And tnagible evidence that parents might be persuaded to listen to, to keep children or others away.
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby MikeVanPelt on Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:34 am

Roberto the Dane wrote:"Beltane, as a Native American, I am not going to let your band of Euro-centrist colonize this sacred ground."

Roberto the Dane

HA HA HA HA HA!!! I love it! This one wins the prize!

(Is Ben a "Native American"? Well, we know that he speaks Navajo, anyway.)
MikeVanPelt
Regular Poster

Postby Deckard Canine on Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:23 am

If I learned that my home was on ground sacred to Native Americans, I'd start looking for a new one. In fact, sometimes I toy with the idea of moving out of the U.S. just to live on unstolen land. Okay, that may be hard to find, but I'd settle for land that wasn't stolen in the last 500 years and never returned even partly.

I'd've considered letting the coven do their thing, depending on the details of their rites. Hey, saying no isn't going to make them less devoted. I figure if two highly opposed sides are presently against me, I'll try to patch things up with one of them. Angsty Christian biddies are a more influential force these days, but they're also harder to please.
Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Under the Lemon Tree