Dec 7th: Girl in Goth

Dec 7th: Girl in Goth

Postby Madmoonie on Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:22 pm

I was a little surprised by that. If Beltane would have a problem with anyone, I did not think it would be Penny. Maybe Penny should shove Beltane in her direction and see what happens.
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Re: Dec 7th: Girl in Goth

Postby Wanderwolf on Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:46 pm

Madmoonie wrote:I was a little surprised by that. If Beltane would have a problem with anyone, I did not think it would be Penny. Maybe Penny should shove Beltane in her direction and see what happens.

Oh, there's any number of problems Beltane might have with Penny, and vice versa. Among the top ten, Penny might've mistaken the Wiccan pentagram Beltane is wearing for the Satanist's inverted pentagram. That's aside from any graceless social munitions Penny might've dropped on the occasion...

Yours truly,

The wolfish,

Wanderer

P.S.: It's interesting that it had nothing to do with Ms. Peckensniff.
Wanderwolf
Regular Poster

Postby MikeVanPelt on Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:12 pm

I have to say...

YAAAYYYYY BEN!!

In spite of all the acknowledged issues between him and Battytane, he treated her politely and is listening to what she has to say. (At least, after she gets back.)
MikeVanPelt
Regular Poster

Postby LoneWolf23k on Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:12 pm

Beltane finds Penny offensive?

...Geez, I'm liking miss Gothgirl more and more.. :shucks:
LoneWolf23k
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:23 pm

LoneWolf23k wrote:Beltane finds Penny offensive?

...Geez, I'm liking miss Gothgirl more and more.. :shucks:

Can't say I don't agree with that....

(try that double negative on for size! :P)
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sciguy on Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:36 pm

Okay, so is Ben Dismissing her there or actualy appologizing because Penny is involved?
"I'm all for art even if it offends me, so long as it doesn't miss represent me." -Rob D.L.
Sciguy
Regular Poster

Postby The JAM on Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:45 pm

This is.....odd...
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby Siirenias on Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:57 pm

The JAM wrote:This is.....odd...

I am in full agreement.
I officially announce that I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Siirenias
Regular Poster

Postby Squeaky Bunny on Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:12 am

Perhaps Beltane sees Goths as phonies and pretenders to her wiccan beliefs?
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence. :shucks:
Squeaky Bunny
Cartoon Hero

Postby Deckard Canine on Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:10 am

It could well be that Penny meant no offense but implied that Beltane was intriguingly a worshipper of, if not Satan, then at least something dark.

I like this episode more than it seems like I should. Perhaps it has to do with my feelings for Penny. (And I don't mean that as specifically as in "I'm developing feelings for you.")
Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Postby Earl McClaw on Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:52 am

Sciguy wrote:Okay, so is Ben dismissing her there or actualy appologizing because Penny is involved?

He said he'd hear her compaint, and if it was appropriate he'd give her an apology. Then she described Penny - and he immediatly apologies.

Of course, I expect to discover in the next strip that Beltane's problem isn't so reasonable after all.

What happened between the wiccan and the goth? Well, aside from the too-close-to-each-other's-shticks problem, I'd almost have to assume it was instigated by Beltane. It seems to me that Penny is reasonably well adjusted to working.
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Postby Catherine_Puce on Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:46 am

Penny is still here. It's great, I was sure that once the summer ended, she will disapear. It's great to see that she's part of the permanent cast now. I as sure that we had lost her after they start to talk about halloween. I'm happy to been wrong.

C'est mon personnage préféré.

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Regular Poster

Postby Wallaroo_Blacke on Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:27 am

Earl McClaw wrote:What happened between the wiccan and the goth? Well, aside from the too-close-to-each-other's-shticks problem, I'd almost have to assume it was instigated by Beltane. It seems to me that Penny is reasonably well adjusted to working.

I'd pick Penny over Beltane... Penny is a kid and that can be
overlooked about her rude remarks but to a limit; Beltane, on
the other hand, she'd have so many chips on her shoulder, one
little offense can send them tumbling down like Jenga blocks. :x

Besides, a smile from Penny would send a chill down anyone's spine,
if you know what I mean!!! :o
Wallaroo_Blacke
Regular Poster

Postby Tuyu on Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:42 am

Penny and an employee, hmmm?

Hard to see how anything that would offend Beltane would also offend Ben, and vice versa.

Maybe... a goth girl and an employee... putting up CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS? :D :D :D
Tuyu
Regular Poster

Postby TMLutas on Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:34 pm

MikeVanPelt wrote:I have to say...

YAAAYYYYY BEN!!

In spite of all the acknowledged issues between him and Battytane, he treated her politely and is listening to what she has to say. (At least, after she gets back.)

Only two cheers from me. It's less of a punchline but he really should listen to the complaint before he starts getting down on his own employee/family member.
TMLutas
Regular Poster

Postby NydaLynn on Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:14 pm

Tuyu wrote:Penny and an employee, hmmm?

Hard to see how anything that would offend Beltane would also offend Ben, and vice versa.

Maybe... a goth girl and an employee... putting up CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS? :D :D :D

Hrm. I think it is still in a Halloween story arch. Perhaps the 'employee' is one of the goblins?
"Que Sera Sera..."
<a href="http://nydalynn.deviantart.com"> Deviant Art stuff</a>
NydaLynn
Regular Poster

Postby NydaLynn on Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:15 pm

Tuyu wrote:Penny and an employee, hmmm?

Hrm. I think it is still in a Halloween story arch. Perhaps the 'employee' is one of the goblins?
"Que Sera Sera..."
<a href="http://nydalynn.deviantart.com"> Deviant Art stuff</a>
NydaLynn
Regular Poster

Postby Wayfarer on Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:22 pm

Just for clarification, I'm pretty sure she's only talking about Penny, not another employee as well:
"One of your employees - some goth girl all dressed in black..."
“The mirror may tell us what we are; memory may tell us what we were; but only the imagination can tell us what we might be.” – Donald Keesey

“You go whistling in the dark/ Making light of it/ Making light of it/ And I follow with my heart/ Laughing all the way// Oh 'cause you move me/ You get me dancing and you make me sing/ You move me/ Now I'm taking delight/ In every little thing/ How you move me”
~ "You Move Me"
Pierce Pettis, Gordon Kennedy
Wayfarer
Regular Poster

Postby Persephone_Kore on Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:23 pm

I initially read it as an(other) employee and Penny, but then I realized that wasn't the case.

Of course, I also initially thought the position of Beltane's hand meant she was pointing toward something that happened to be in actual line-of-sight, hence Ben's facepalm and apology, but on a second look I'm not so sure.
Persephone_Kore
Regular Poster

Postby Wallaroo_Blacke on Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:49 pm

I'm wagering some Jelly Belly jelly beans that Penny
is dressed JUST LIKE A WITCH enough to get
Beltane P-Oed.

Why? Misrepresentation of the Wiccans.

That's what I am betting. :roll: XD :wink:
Wallaroo_Blacke
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Under the Lemon Tree