ACK!

ACK!

Postby BrockthePaine on Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:46 pm

Beltaine!! YAGH!
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Canis_lupus on Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:51 pm

the plot thickens :P
"I hate turtlenecks. Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy. All day. Like, if you wear a turtleneck and a backpack, it's like a weak midget trying to bring you down."

-Mitch Hedberg
Canis_lupus
Regular Poster

Location: Off some Turnpike in Jersey. check next to the landfill.

Postby Celidah the Bardess on Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:08 pm

DANGER WILL ROBINSON! DANGER!

So I already know a few forumites here have heavily-reinforced bunkers...anybody mind having a tenant there, at least until the end of this story arc? I'm housebroken, and I'm a good cook, too!
Celidah the Bardess
Regular Poster

Postby LoneWolf23k on Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:34 pm

Aw man.. Missed the Beltane/Peckensniff clash by that much!
LoneWolf23k
Regular Poster

Postby Celidah the Bardess on Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:41 pm

Well, remember, the biddies are coming back tomorrow...and Beltane probably will be too...
Celidah the Bardess
Regular Poster

Postby Siirenias on Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:51 pm

Okay, who's the one giving him ideas?
I officially announce that I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Siirenias
Regular Poster

Postby Earl McClaw on Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:00 pm

Siirenias wrote:Okay, who's the one giving him ideas?

All of use, I think. But the biggest offender might be the posters in this thread. (Still, I can help but think that Ralph had this planned all along.)

So what's Beltane upset about? That the Halloween decorations didn't go far enough? That she sees it as mocking her "faith"? Obviously she's going to go out of her way to be offended once she realizes Ben is in charge.

Amazing how two people who never patronized the arcade feel it should cater to their interests. Ben needs an Act of Gord with these two. (Try the link. Funny stuff, especially for people who've worked retail.)
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Postby Calbeck on Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:05 pm

None of this amounts to anything that can't readily be settled with some creative use of cream pies, steam catapults and high explosive.

In the event of a lack of steam catapults, really big rubber bands strung between a couple of trees may suffice.
Calbeck
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:13 pm

Calbeck.....I seriously like the way you think! :twisted:

Concerning Beltane being offended or getting hyper-offended knowing Ben's here. G.H. is a privately owned and run business...not a franchise. Ben and Lily own the place lock, stock, barrel and sprinkler system. Ben has the absolute legal right and authority to toss Beltane out on her hyper-offensive butt if he so wishes.

Me personally.....I'd hear what she had to gripe about, tell her 'tough sh*t' and get out. "Come back again and I'll have you tresspassed. Come back after that and you go to jail......capicé?

She's already made it clear she considers Ben an enemy and has vowed to make his life Hell at the store. Well this is HIS PLACE and her threats are totally useless......and she needs to be told so in a fashion that leaves no room for doubt.....and no room for argument.

Şaaruuk
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:22 pm

What about the 'right to refuse service' bit?
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Shyal_malkes on Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:23 pm

well, I think the origional idea was for Ben to fetch Beltaine.

but if she's already here of her own accord then the situation is very easily going to get desperately out of control.

now, where did I leave that bunker?
I still say the doctor did it....
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Postby The JAM on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:50 pm

Or he could set up a meeting with her at the exact same time as Church Lady....
Class, can you say "what happens when matter meets antimatter"? ;)
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby MikeVanPelt on Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:08 pm

It seems clear that Beltane does not know that Ben is the manager/owner/grand poobah here. Her reaction when he stands up and turns around ought to be good.

And yeah, Ben's best move would be to have Beltane come back tomorrow at the same time as the church ladies. That should be a hoot and a half.

... Unless Beltane, for sheer deviltry (literally!) were to decide to pretend she was Ben's best buddy in the coven when the church ladies return... *gasp*
MikeVanPelt
Regular Poster

Postby Manta on Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:31 am

uh-oh... *furtively checks that coast is clear... then bolts for super secure hidden bunker*
Don't make a donation, make a difference! Help fight Cancer with your PC! GRID.ORG
What some people call "High Explosive", I refer to as an "Event Initiator".
Manta
Regular Poster

Postby SolidusRaccoon on Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:08 am

Ohhhhh this should be fun,
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wallaroo_Blacke on Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:44 am

The JAM wrote:Or he could set up a meeting with her at the exact same time as Church Lady....
Class, can you say "what happens when matter meets antimatter"? ;)

KAB :o :o :o :o M!!!
Wallaroo_Blacke
Regular Poster

Postby Deckard Canine on Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:02 am

I'm not sure I understand "the 'face' thing." Does he mean dealing with people face to face, instead of remotely via sprinkler?

Sharuuk wrote:lock, stock, barrel and sprinkler system

Good line. :)

The JAM wrote:"what happens when matter meets antimatter"?

But which side is the matter? They're both anti's (and aunties, in some cases). For that matter, which side matters?
Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Postby Canis_lupus on Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:03 am

Well one is anti-religion and the other anti-anything that offends her religion.
"I hate turtlenecks. Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy. All day. Like, if you wear a turtleneck and a backpack, it's like a weak midget trying to bring you down."

-Mitch Hedberg
Canis_lupus
Regular Poster

Location: Off some Turnpike in Jersey. check next to the landfill.

Postby Shyal_malkes on Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:58 am

in theory, they're both clones in a war they both chose to fight that just happened to end up on different sides.

but they're still clones.

both are 'anti not-me'

time to get far, far back, set some lawn chairs, put on a few layers of SPF 300,000 (for the radiation), pop some popcorn, and watch the (nuclear) fireworks. :lol: :twisted:
I still say the doctor did it....
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Postby Deckard Canine on Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:54 am

Canis_lupus wrote:Well one is anti-religion

No, just anti-mainstream Western religion.
Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Under the Lemon Tree