Wet in 4 Minutes

Persephone_Kore
Regular Poster

Post by Persephone_Kore »

I find myself... torn.

On the one hand, I want to say that must not have been my kind of party, since to tell the truth, I like my ice cream half melted.

On the other hand... COOL! :D

MikeVanPelt
Regular Poster

Post by MikeVanPelt »

Sharuuk wrote:Seriously, I was at a party not too long ago that the ice cream was soooooo hard that we peeled the cardboard drum off of it and I went at it with a 2lb hand sledge and a 3in wide masonry chisle. (The chisle was new and I'd sharpened it.) THAT was some of the hardest ice cream I've EVER encountered. :-?
You can soften ice cream pretty quickly in a microwave. I've done this a lot. Hit it with about 10 or 15 seconds at a time. (You do not want to overdo it.)

Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Post by Sharuuk »

Persephone.....I think you would have enjoyed it.....

It was an outdoor BBQ with a bunch of musician/motorcycle friends....live jam sessions on a small stage we'd built etc. Great food and really great people. No sloppy drunks, no fights, just good music, both live and DJ'd, excellent company and a lot of fun.

The ice cream was in those commercial 3-4 gal cardboard tubs (drums?) and had unfortunetly been stored in a freezer overnight and brought to the party packed in dry ice! This was back in August (and if you know anything about Florida summers.... :o :x) and Tony thought it would be better and less messy than wet ice. Good logic, wrong application. The ice cream was like concrete. I'd actually considered renting a hand-held band saw to slice discs off of it but went for the hammer and chisle instead.

Gotta admit tho'....the "dink-dink-dink" of the hammer against the chisle was a really odd audio juxtaposition to the idea that I was serving up ice cream. :roll:

Almost wish I'd gone with the bandsaw.......the visual of serving up 'slices' of ice cream is kind of amusing. :roll:

Şaaruuk
Last edited by Sharuuk on Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!

Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Post by Sharuuk »

BrockthePaine wrote:Well, speaker I heard once cut a frozen lasagne with a circular saw so it'd fit in the microwave...
I like how this guy thinks. :D

Şaaruuk
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!

Maxgoof
Regular Poster

Post by Maxgoof »

Namrepus221 wrote:
Earl McClaw wrote:Well, Japanese pachinko is effectively a form of gambling, as you can win balls by playing well and cash in any balls you have left when done. But IIRC Ben isn't offering pachinko.
Pachinko IS NOT gambling.

Playing games for money is illegal under Japanese law.
All of what you say is true.

However, having spent time in Japan, it is well known that the back rooms of pachinko parlors are for turning in the balls for cash, out of sight of the authorities.
Max Goof
"You gotta be loose...relaxed...with your feet apart, and...Ten o'clock. Two o'clock. Quarter to three! Tour jete! Twist! Over! Pas de deux! I'm a little teapot! And the windup...and let 'er fly! The Perfect Cast!" --Goofy