Wet in 4 Minutes

Wet in 4 Minutes

Postby Jaydub on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:48 pm

Yep, Sit back and watch to see how this duck takes to water...... :)

Other Question, Gambling????? Is Ben running a poker game in the back room? I think not!!!! :o
Last edited by Jaydub on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams
Jaydub
Regular Poster

Postby Canis_lupus on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:49 pm

Im confused.
Canis_lupus
Regular Poster

Location: Off some Turnpike in Jersey. check next to the landfill.

Postby Kerry Skydancer on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:04 pm

Try refreshing your browser. Comicgenesis tends to stick on the old strip, I've noticed.
Skydancer

Ignorance is not a point of view.
Kerry Skydancer
Cartoon Hero

Postby Canis_lupus on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:09 pm

Ahh. Thanks, i was beggining to wonder if jaybud was just going insane.
Canis_lupus
Regular Poster

Postby Canis_lupus on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:11 pm

Oh god. Not the video game debate, im so tired of people going crazy over that crap.
Canis_lupus
Regular Poster

Postby Wallaroo_Blacke on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:13 pm

I wonder what evidence she has to offer?

Zero. Just like Jack Thompson.

Self-worshipping thorn-in-the-butt
bible-thumping zealot with no proof
to support her claims, accusations, nor
her proof as an ordained ministress.

Where's me a brick for me to aim and
launch at that waddlin' whackjob's head?
Wallaroo_Blacke
Regular Poster

Postby Canis_lupus on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:18 pm

Wallaroo_Blacke wrote:I wonder what evidence she has to offer?

Zero. Just like Jack Thompson.

I knew someone would bring up that sac of crap. although i must admit its pretty funny watching him in some of his debates with actual people in the game industry who know what they are talking about and have the facts to back them up.
Canis_lupus
Regular Poster

Postby Wallaroo_Blacke on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:26 pm

Killjoys like that lady (and others that
have the same modeus operandi)
need to be shown the door.

Folks like her are in desperate need of a real job.

XD

But noone likes clowns.

XD

But killjoys will try to get thier way, but ironic as it is,
they either fade into obscurity or die out like Patricia Pulling.
Wallaroo_Blacke
Regular Poster

Postby Shyal_malkes on Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:13 pm

I just love Ben's attitude.

"I know you're all a pain in the neck and a major annoyance but I'm giving you fair warning,"

that, and even people who like being wet won't stand for it for too long. water + air/wind = cold, very cold.
I still say the doctor did it....
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Postby Namrepus221 on Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:26 pm

Some people consider any type of "game of skill/chance" where you can win tickets to get a prize to be gambling.

Ralph might have just won me back on the comic because I love freaking these type of people out.

BTW this is something from MANY years ago that a friend showed me: http://www.crossroad.to/text/articles.html

Basically the woman that owns this site is anti-EVERYTHING because it's not christian.
Namrepus221
Regular Poster

Postby Earl McClaw on Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:40 pm

Well, Japanese pachinko is effectively a form of gambling, as you can win balls by playing well and cash in any balls you have left when done. But IIRC Ben isn't offering pachinko.

The closest I know of any arcades in the U.S. get to gambling (aside from Nevada and places where it's legal) is offering prize tickets out of some games. The tickets can be "cashed in" for cheap, arcade-type prizes, the cost of which is probably covered by the profits of the game fees. Otherwise calling most arcade games "gambling" is (by my understanding of the law) an extreme and inappropriate stretch.

I'm waiting for Ben - or the cop the protesters call to complain - to ask for their permit. (And if they're far enough onto his property to get soaked by the sprinklers, there's a good chance they're trespassing.)
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Postby Namrepus221 on Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:50 pm

Earl McClaw wrote:Well, Japanese pachinko is effectively a form of gambling, as you can win balls by playing well and cash in any balls you have left when done. But IIRC Ben isn't offering pachinko.

Pachinko IS NOT gambling.

Playing games for money is illegal under Japanese law.

The little pachinko BB's are the same as the "tickets" in our american style games, however you can also use them to play the games as well (as acctual physical pieces) You have to "cash in" your BB's for a voucher which is then used to purchase over priced little novelties. Same as in any Chuck E. Cheese.

There is a way to skirt the law by trading your voucher for a number of small worthless looking coins then "selling" them to a hidden office somewhere near the Pachinko parlor for real cash. Given that you are not directly trading the balls for money, the law is by passed.

This is also why you see places like Wal-Mart and others selling "50 state legal Slot Machines" from Hong Kong and Japan.

These are called "Skill Stop" slot machines. The reels just keep spinning, and the machine doesn't stop them automatically. You have to stop them yourself. It is entirely possible to play the game and come up with 777 every single time you play because you are the one stopping the reels and not the machine. As this is technically a "skill game" it is able to go under the radar. Though as with every one I've ever seen, they do bear the "For Amusement Purposes only" sticker on them and I've only seen them in private residences.
Namrepus221
Regular Poster

Postby The JAM on Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:16 pm

So the Church Lady is a quack. AND they're in his lawn? Oh boy, he can call them for trespassing now!
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby LoneWolf23k on Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:21 pm

Now, what we need to do is get Ms Peckensniff introduced to Beltane...

...Preferably from a safe distance, with folding chairs and popcorn to enjoy the fireworks.
LoneWolf23k
Regular Poster

Postby Nikas_Zekeval on Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:21 pm

Miss Peckinsniff reminds of a bit character in a Tiny Toons sketch. Buster and Babs are playing the Anvil Chorus, by dropping real anvils. :lol: Plucky is dodging like mad to avoid being reduced to cartoon patte. All of a sudden a woman, with similar glasses and posture, pops up and remonstrated Plucky. She's from The Adults Against Funny Cartoons, and states this cartoon is too violent, she's counted eighty-seven acts of violence so far.

Then one of the anvils lands directly on her (right next to Plucky) and when he lands on it the duck just smiles, then runs for his life.
"Come on Sam, it can't be as hard as blowing up a star."
"I tell you, blow up one star and suddenly everyone thinks you can walk on water."
*Beepboop* [connection established]
"Okay. Up next, parting the Red Sea."
Gen. Jacob Carter and Lt. Col. Samatha Carter, Stargate SG-1, "Reckoning"
Nikas_Zekeval
Regular Poster

Postby Siirenias on Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:34 pm

I totally called it being a bird.

And, actually, I find violent games therapeutic. Instead of violently extracting an annoying customer's eye, I go home and play games and I'm okay again. I'm joking. I would just take off the whole head. Easier that way.

...ahem.

Just kiddin.
I officially announce that I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Siirenias
Regular Poster

Postby Manta on Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:39 pm

Some sprinkler systems have catches where you can add chemicals, plant food, weed killer... muriatic acid(?) to the water... just a thought. :evil:
Don't make a donation, make a difference! Help fight Cancer with your PC! GRID.ORG
What some people call "High Explosive", I refer to as an "Event Initiator".
Manta
Regular Poster

Postby Jaydub on Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:12 pm

Canis_lupus wrote:Ahh. Thanks, i was beggining to wonder if jaybud was just going insane.

Yep that jaybud must me crazy whoever he is...... :o
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams
Jaydub
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:33 pm

Is anyone else surprised her last name is..."Peckersnif?"
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sharuuk on Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:46 pm

Manta wrote:Some sprinkler systems have catches where you can add chemicals, plant food, weed killer... muriatic acid(?) to the water... just a thought. :evil:

How about bright green dye to keep the lawn looking good......as well as the biddies......make 'em real easy to pick out of a crowd when the trespass charges start being issued. :twisted:

Şaaruuk
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to Under the Lemon Tree