There be goblins here...

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Post by BrockthePaine »

Well, six times out of seven...
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee

Wanderwolf
Regular Poster

Post by Wanderwolf »

The JAM wrote:Usually?
You probably don't want details, J.A.M. Suffice to say, fast food restaurants have to cut corners somewhere, and Arby's can't cut any further on the food or labor fronts.

Yours truly,

The carnivorous,

Wanderer

Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Post by Shyal_malkes »

trust me, working at wendys, you don't wanna know how many customers get cut by just lazy employees, I don't wanna think about how many get cut by the managers. :ick:
I still say the doctor did it....

Namrepus221
Regular Poster

Post by Namrepus221 »

The arby's crack wasn't ment as a slam to anyone. It was more an inside simpsons reference if anything.

I've eaten at Arby's and dispite one "bad" experience involving chicken fingers (litearlly the guy stood there for 3 minutes looking at me before punching in the order and asking for my money expecting something else to be said) it's not that bad food.

The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Post by The JAM »

Does anyone remember "American Roast Beef, Yes Sir"?

Jace
Regular Poster

Post by Jace »

MikeVanPelt wrote:
Steltek wrote:I have to say...I liked it a lot better before. I don't know if I can get used to this.
I don't think we've seen enough to know whether we'll like the new comic better or less than the old comic.

The changes do seem to make it into a different comic. I hate to see the old one end, but the new, similar one will probably be good, too.
I think that's it. It's a different comic now, and going forward it will be good. Going back... not so much. As I said before, a lot of what has gone before depended on the fact that they were direct products of Ben's mind. The revelation in the tabula rasa, Sheldon honking Ben's nose, Sheldon being a turtle, the 'invisible bunny', scaring Lily's grandfather with little friends that aren't really there... even the basic comic element that involves the posse, or individual members, appearing at just the right time to react to whatever happened in the previous panel. To me, that worked because they were part of Ben's mind in a way, and so they were able to express what he was feeling without directly witnessing the event... Now, I dunno how well that will work.

BoKiana
Regular Poster

Post by BoKiana »

Seeing the new goblins for the other characters still keeps me thinking on what I had dreamed for Corporal Bo's own posse.

I imagined 3 tulpa. One is Sarge, the classic Drill Sergeant, helmet similar to Gunther's old helmet, uniform, medals, and the like. I imagined him voiced by R Lee Ermey (The sarge from Full Metal Jacket)

But as the other 2, I'm not quite sure.

Who do you think would make good parts of Bo's posse?
Allow me to introduce myself--Corporal "Bo" Kiana, Ex-Army, "Warmongering Psychopath Tool!"

Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Post by Earl McClaw »

BoKiana wrote:Who do you think would make good parts of Bo's posse?
That would depend on the aspects of personality you wanted to express.

Switching to goblins blows my concepts of "tulpas" for McClaw to kingdom come. I seriously doubt goblins could resemble gryphons, unicorns, or a big, hulking dragon.
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)

Forewarned
Regular Poster

Post by Forewarned »

I hope penny's goblin stays, it would make a cool irony story arc