Goblin Hollow RPing - Mun discussion thread.

Postby NydaLynn on Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:24 pm

That'smy assumption. easier anyways. hehehe. It'd be a silly sight, a wolf treing large lions :D
"Que Sera Sera..."
<a href="http://nydalynn.deviantart.com"> Deviant Art stuff</a>
NydaLynn
Regular Poster

Postby Capnregex on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:02 am

Madmoonie wrote:Is this Juvenile lion a young person in lion form or just a young lion that can talk?

Yer in a village of natural lycanthropic lions.. shifting form is as natural to these people as breathing..
Yes, it's a young person.

He's old enough to have a modicum of decency however. He's not going to shift back unless he has something to wear. Heh, the 2 year olds however..
If you hang around long enough, your liable to see some mother chasing down one or more lion cubs. :lol:
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:09 am

I should have realized that, really. Its rather similar to a society of werewolves in a Pratchett book I like. Either form comes naturally. Was rather a silly question. Anyway, Capn or Mjolnir, can you play a stable master when gets there?
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:31 pm

capnregex wrote:A large shouldered man wearing a leather apron over his clothes nods to Deac and says "Aye, how can I help ye?"

Thanks Capn.
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Capnregex on Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:51 pm

NP.. my only problem is that now I have no idea how much to ask for the horse.
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:56 pm

Neither do I..... :oops:

How about 60 gold? That would leave 20 gold for the armor and 10 gold for me to keep. Unless anyone else thinks I am robbing the guy blind with that price (which I am I think. :oops:)
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Selden on Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:28 pm

If you really want to be correct about it, 100 gold for that full plate (more or less) armor is a flat-out insult; it's less than a tenth of what normal full plate costs, and that thing was custom-made. Unless you wish to plead the town's council for exceptional generosity, your best bet would be to try to swear a few years' servitude in exchange for the gear. I admit I don't know Deac perfectly, but it sounds like the sort of bargain he'd think of striking-especially since it would give him a very good reason for hiding from his former order for long enough that the despised and distrusted Maynard's sighting of him would have blown over.
Selden
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:32 pm

Yeah. Thats true. 100 gold is an insult for the armor. I'll guess Ill leave the horse behind.
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:22 am

Hey capn, just ask for some price higher than 100 so Deac can say he can't, alright?
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Capnregex on Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:29 pm

*twitch*

I think your giving up too easy.
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Shyal_malkes on Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:27 pm

how much would it cost to rent the horse? it's not like they intend to take the horse down into any dungeons themselves or anything, are they?
I still say the doctor did it....
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:12 pm

Okay, I can't buy the horse and give Will any respectable amount of payment for the armor. So are the any sudjestions? Because I really don't know what do about it...
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:39 pm

He could ask his little magical friend for help. He just so happens to know "Major Creation". After he summons the raw materials, he can also use "Fabricate" to make an object to sell.
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"--Edgar Allen Poe
"I just had an argument with myself, so now we're not talking."--me
"We are the salt of the earth, not the powdered sugar."--R.H. Jr.
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby Shyal_malkes on Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:43 pm

would it be fair for Jake to have a few valuable pieces for trade and such in the morning?
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:00 pm

I think the quote "God didn't give us gifts so we could keep them to ourselves." sums up his mentality.
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"--Edgar Allen Poe
"I just had an argument with myself, so now we're not talking."--me
"We are the salt of the earth, not the powdered sugar."--R.H. Jr.
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby Capnregex on Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:33 am

fusion wrote:I think the quote "God didn't give us gifts so we could keep them to ourselves." sums up his mentality.

Amen!

Rent might work.

Here's a fiew thoughts that may or may not help...

"Human Life Value is the source of all Property Value"
... so What is Deac good at?

"Exchange Creates Wealth"
... What would the other guy value more than what you want in exchange.

"People are assets, Things are not"
... A thing unused has no value.
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Capnregex on Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:36 am

shyal_malkes wrote:Would it be fair for Jake to have a few valuable pieces for trade and such in the morning?

I am less concerned about fair as I am about feasibility.
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Capnregex on Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:43 am

Heh, sorry for the tripple post.. but I dont alwase get my thoughts all at once..
Madmoonie wrote:Okay, I can't buy the horse and give Will any respectable amount of payment for the armor.

You need to let go of the assumption that you can't, and start asking yourself how can I. What would Will consider a respectable payment for the armor? Would it have to be money, or would he find something else more valuable? What was his motivation to give you the armor in the firstplace?
Is there some service you can provide that would be more valuable to the villagers than the cost of the horse? What do the villagers value?
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:26 pm

Okay, I will try what you guys sudjest and at least try to barter/trade or something. Maybe Mjolnir could name a fair price for the horse and then I could try to figure how to arrange things with the stable master and Will.
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Shyal_malkes on Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:54 pm

capnregex wrote:
shyal_malkes wrote:Would it be fair for Jake to have a few valuable pieces for trade and such in the morning?

I am less concerned about fair as I am about feasibility.

most people like jems don't they?
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Under the Lemon Tree