Goblin Hollow RPing - Mun discussion thread.

Postby Madmoonie on Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:38 pm

Whats a 'tennant'? I thought it was a person who rented an apartment, but obivously not. So what is it?
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Capnregex on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:30 pm

It works for renters of appartments as well.

In the useage, a tennant of a religion is a basic belief. according to me atleast.
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Selden on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:37 pm

Technically a tenet (tenent in the plural) is an opinion or doctrine held true by an individual, or especially a group. Those who've played the Thief series will easily recognize that harsh physical punishment of even minor transgressions is a tenet of the Hammerite religion-they even have heartwarming anecdotes in their holy books about killing or maiming 'vile sinners' who don't follow The Builder's ways and know His teachings by heart.
Selden
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:16 pm

Okay, thanks. This is being REALLY picky but would there be terms like recon? Its French, not to mention a bit of advanced term for this time.
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Capnregex on Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:51 pm

Heh, Ok they have to have a word to describe that idea, What would you suggest as a replacement? Remember, they may look like a peacefull village, but they are also a military encampment.
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:48 am

Yes, I know it is really nitpicky. I am not saying they would not have the concept. I just meant they probably wouldn't have the word. Sorry, it doesn't mattter really. Scouting is all I can think of.
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:49 am

capnregex wrote:Five Thousand years of history gives alot of time for things to happen.

Says you. :D :P :D
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:05 pm

I am having trouble trying to visualize what exactly Vlad is doing with his hands and the shape his is making with it.
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mjolnir on Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:10 am

I'll see if I can get a picture of it for you. I'll also post a reply at that time. Right now we're getting ready to go visit my parents' for the day, so maybe tonight or tomorrow morning.

- Mjolnir
Mjolnir
Cartoon Hero

Postby Capnregex on Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:48 pm

I am reminded of the brittish royal guard.
You can make fun of them as much as you want, but if you touch them, they have license to *defend* themselves, and are well trained in doing so.
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:08 pm

capnregex wrote:I am reminded of the brittish royal guard.
You can make fun of them as much as you want, but if you touch them, they have license to *defend* themselves, and are well trained in doing so.

Yes, they can. I have heard tales of people getting mangled because they touched them. (I mean like broken fingers, not limbs). But why mention it? Who reminds you of them?
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:11 pm

Does John have a money purse?
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:53 pm

a small one, but yes.
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"--Edgar Allen Poe
"I just had an argument with myself, so now we're not talking."--me
"We are the salt of the earth, not the powdered sugar."--R.H. Jr.
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby Capnregex on Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:01 pm

Madmoonie wrote:Yes, they can. I have heard tales of people getting mangled because they touched them. (I mean like broken fingers, not limbs). But why mention it? Who reminds you of them?

Strangely enough, I am reminded of them by the current Roleplay.. Specifically the conversation with Will.

I think it is more of a defense than offensive.
To be a target, they would have had to attack.. or something..

Anyway..
Hmm.. A wolf in a village of large cats.. that would be interesting .....
*laughs*
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:28 pm

Hey, if and when Deac gets to a stable, could Capn or Mjolnir be the guy who owns the stable and sells the horses? I do not think it would be fair for me to name my own price for a horse.
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:47 pm

Is this Juvenile lion a young person in lion form or just a young lion that can talk?
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby NydaLynn on Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:05 pm

capnregex wrote:Anyway..
Hmm.. A wolf in a village of large cats.. that would be interesting .....
*laughs*

0.0;; oops... didn't quite think of that. Heh...
"Que Sera Sera..."
<a href="http://nydalynn.deviantart.com"> Deviant Art stuff</a>
NydaLynn
Regular Poster

Postby Fusion on Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:12 pm

Well, they are also surronded by trees! Let the fun begin! :D
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:17 pm

If there was a rolling eyes smiley I would be using it right now.
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:36 pm

:roll: :D

Anyway! I'm assuming a silver is worth 10 coppers, right?
Fusion
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Under the Lemon Tree