Goblin Hollow RPing - Mun discussion thread.

Goblin Hollow RPing - Mun discussion thread.

Postby Capnregex on Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:03 am

K, Here's a Mun thread for the RP going on in the Goblin Hollow RPing thread.

Who's driving this crazy umbrella anyway?
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:41 am

I think its kinda Mjonlir (sorry if I spelled your name wrong.)
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Capnregex on Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:52 am

Ok, thoughts on the town..
It would make sense to me to have Will native to the town. Or atleast a current resident.
Will is a family man, so I think it would be fun to have him mauled by a fiew kids when he comes into town. It would also make sense for there to be several other members of his order in town, enough to make up the majority of the population. All of whoom would have normal entreprenurial things they do..
Even the Minister runs a farm 6 days a week.

Thought?
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Capnregex on Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:53 am

Leading this group may be like hearding cats.
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:17 am

capnregex wrote:Leading this group may be like hearding cats.

Like cats on energy drinks. Anyway, it seemed as though Will was famliar with the area but not necessarily from there. I don't know that is just what i got, but it does seem to make more sense to have your way. We still need to introduce the name of the town.
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Selden on Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:31 am

If nobody's got any better ideas, we could always fire up a random name generator and take part of what comes out for the town. "The monastic thorp of Ivel, named for the half-elf Ivelliol who led his fledgling order away from the sinful and decadent life of civilization so they might form a new community where hard work and quiet contemplation would strengthen their bodies and spirits."

I get the feeling that every member of the group is going to be distrustful of at least one other member... it should be interesting to see how that all falls out.
Selden
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:58 am

How about "Dinner Party?" :D
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:55 pm

Mjolnir wrote:
Madmoonie wrote:OOC: Can I have a pocktwatch or is that too far advanced tech?

That's a little too advanced. Sorry.

Nuts. Okay, what about gunpowder explosives?
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Selden on Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:24 pm

One of the stranger things about the Player's Guide to Faerun is that it lists a pistol (with ten masterwork bullets) as potential equipment for humans and gnomes from the isle of Lantan... without explaining how much damage it does, how far it can shoot or anything else about it. The only reason the Lantanese know about gunpowder is because they gave refuge to a deity of craftworks during a particular unpleasant war among the gods... I'd say that if gunpowder is available, it would have to be a very weak form with a bulky delivery package. We're talking worse than Civil War era, without anything as nifty as repeaters or even self-propelled bullets. If there's anything like grenades or dynamite, don't expect it to be any more useful than (or as reliable as) the psuedo-magical alchemical stuff like Alchemist's Fire.
Selden
Regular Poster

Postby Capnregex on Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:30 pm

Nothing against "Dinner Party" but It would be kinda odd to name a town that.

It would be fun to use a name of historical and or literary significance.
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:38 pm

No. I meant as a name for the RP. I think we should discover the name of the town actually IN the RP not just name out here and have our characters automatically know it. Think that would be kinda cheating. Unless we are goling with the line that Will is from this town. Which is okay with me.
Last edited by Madmoonie on Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:39 pm

Selden wrote:One of the stranger things about the Player's Guide to Faerun is that it lists a pistol (with ten masterwork bullets) as potential equipment for humans and gnomes from the isle of Lantan... without explaining how much damage it does, how far it can shoot or anything else about it. The only reason the Lantanese know about gunpowder is because they gave refuge to a deity of craftworks during a particular unpleasant war among the gods... I'd say that if gunpowder is available, it would have to be a very weak form with a bulky delivery package. We're talking worse than Civil War era, without anything as nifty as repeaters or even self-propelled bullets. If there's anything like grenades or dynamite, don't expect it to be any more useful than (or as reliable as) the psuedo-magical alchemical stuff like Alchemist's Fire.

I mean load a bunch of powder casks under a bridge and blowing it to kingdom come..........I like explosions.
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Selden on Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:45 pm

You can try a cask or two full of Alchemist's Fire... but industrial-strength sabotage is generally considered a real bad idea. It can take over a year to replace a bridge over water in a civilized area, so one can imagine what the populace and/or any employers would think of you detonating one that's miles of dirt road away and in an area where goblinoids are sure to be attracted by the commotion of construction. Most explosives nuts and pyromaniacs settle for sorcerers who enjoy Maximized Fireballs a bit too much, or possibly gnomish alchemical ingenuity.
Selden
Regular Poster

Postby Capnregex on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:32 pm

For those of you who feel as if your character is sufficiently observant, after Seamus stands up, you may notice several other rustles in the surrounding terain.

I'm going to go with the idea that Will is native to the village, ect..
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:36 pm

You mean....like his big and leaves an impression or like someone is following us?
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Capnregex on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:37 pm

More like there were several other someones watching, and they all just relaxed.
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:39 pm

oooooooo! I'm "senior"!
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mjolnir on Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:20 am

Madmoonie wrote:I think its kinda Mjonlir (sorry if I spelled your name wrong.)

I am? Wow, I get back from a weekend away and discover I'm running an RP. :wink:

Give me until tomorrow to get back in the swing of things, then I'll post.

- Mjolnir
Mjolnir
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:24 am

Mjolnir wrote:
Madmoonie wrote:I think its kinda Mjonlir (sorry if I spelled your name wrong.)

I am? Wow, I get back from a weekend away and discover I'm running an RP. :wink:

Give me until tomorrow to get back in the swing of things, then I'll post.

- Mjolnir

I don't want to pressure into something you don't want to do. You just seemed to be leading things....(shrug) You were doing a good job.
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mjolnir on Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:28 am

Fine with me. I do have the experience, I suppose. Just let me relax and recover from the weekend and I'll post something tomorrow.

- Mjolnir
Mjolnir
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to Under the Lemon Tree