Goblin Hollow RPing

Postby Selden on Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:39 am

"Smart horse..." Toma decides to keep hold of the reins anyways; he doesn't trust Will's horse to be smart enough to handle more orders if there's a sudden attack. "What do you want to bet Will'll be back in no more than half an hour with a whole deer?"
Selden
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:48 pm

Postby Calbeck on Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:07 am

Roy starts in his saddle, grabbing his hat and lute before they go flying in separate directions, as his mule accelerates to a canter.

"Hey down there! Avast th' mizzenmast!"

His mule studiously ignores him, trotting after the horses down the road.
User avatar
Calbeck
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Land of AZ

Postby Madmoonie on Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:09 am

Deac just shakes his head and looks for a spot clear enough for them to camp at night.
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

Postby Capnregex on Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:11 pm

The horses canter straight to a likely camping spot, and stop at some grass and start to graze..
This must be a regular stop, as there is a ring of stones, with the signs of many fires being lit in it, some logs and stones around the fire stones for seats, and a small stack of logs and sticks available for a fire.
Will is busy dressing out a deer that is hanging up by it's back legs in a nearby tree.
User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am

Postby Calbeck on Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:50 am

The mule stops in the clearing and, without warning, sits down. As she does so, Roy braces both hands against the saddle horn and kicks backward, flinging his legs out so he lands on both hooves.

"HAH! Thought that trick'd work twice, eh?"

A brayed raspberry answered him, but the mule remained seated as the unicorn began unpacking his camping gear. In next to no time, he had rigged up a hammock and covering tarpaulin, tied up securely in a nearby stand of trees. The tarp peaked a few feet above the hammock and sloped slightly in both directions so as to form a wide rain shelter. Below the near side, he placed a folding canvas camp chair, and on the other a bag of grain hung from a branch. Without being prodded, the mule muzzled her way beneath the tarp's edge and proceeded to munch on what she obviously believed was a well-earned supper.
User avatar
Calbeck
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Land of AZ

Postby Madmoonie on Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:24 pm

During the time that Roy was putting his bedding together, Deac had dismounted and led Sid over to a large tree toward the edge of the large clearing and tied him there. Then he a removed a large heavy bed roll from the the back of the saddle and took out his large satchel, which contained his small bundle of clothes. He laid the bedroll on the ground and folded it in half. Then he arranged his small bundle of clothes like a pillow and placed the bundle at the head of the roll.

Finally, he removed his cloak and placed it over the bedroll. Going back to the large satchel, he took his last apple and flipped it to Sid who caught it in mid-air, and who had already started munching on some the serounding grass. Deac then walked over to the fire and reclined on the ground against a log.

By the this time, Deac noticed the mule's obstinate behaviour and turned to Sid and said, "Let us not do anything of that sort, shall we?" To Deac's surprise, Sid actually managed a haughty flip of his head and resumed eating the apple. Soon aftwerwards though, an apple core flew across the campsite and clonked Deac in the back of the head. Deac whirled around and found Sid throughly engrossed in some small bug on the ground.

Deac jogged over to a badly-acting innocent Sid and took his face in his hands. "Troublesome lout," muttered Deac, petting his muzzle softly. Sid nickered and rubbed his muzzle against Deac's shoulder and head. He then managed 'hurt baby fawn' eyes as he stared at Deac. Deac sighed and said, "Yes, yes, I know your sorry......Fine! I forgive you. I know you were playing." He patted Sid's muzzle a little more and returned to the campfire, his stomach growling.
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

Postby Capnregex on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:21 am

Will finishes dressing out the beast, and wraps the meat in the hide. He then reaches down and picks up a pile of pointed sticks, and brings the lot over to the fire. Once there Will takes a stick, and skewers several thin strips of meat on a stick, and hands the stick to Deac.. He follows suit with as many others as wants them, then makes one for himself and holds his skewered meat over the fire.
User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am

Postby Selden on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:43 am

Toma holds a kebob over the fire, yawning while the meat cooks. "Can't say I've ever driven a cart before... I usually just walk. You wouldn't think just sitting while somebody else does all the work would tire you out."
Selden
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:48 pm

Postby Madmoonie on Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:19 pm

Deac leans back and extremely lazily holds the kabob over the fire. He lounges there for a few seconds before commenting to Toma "And yet somehow you mangaged."
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

Postby Shyal_malkes on Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:55 pm

"I feel" Jake says as his kabob cooks hovering over the fire "like I'm back at the green kraken, after a hard day's work."
Last edited by Shyal_malkes on Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 am

Postby Capnregex on Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:55 pm

Will asks "The green kracken?"
User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am

Postby Shyal_malkes on Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:58 pm

"aye" Jake says "one of the best taverns out on the seaside townships"
User avatar
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 am

Postby Selden on Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:12 pm

Toma listens in on Jake's comments with half an hour as he continues speaking. "Probably nerves, for the most part. Something about Vlad always seemed funny to me... and Brother Maynard and his boys, for that matter. Not a one of them were up and about to see us off. Maynard had his reasons for not coming along or seeming to even know we were going anywhere, but Vlad or any of this vampire lord's little servants could be out there watching and plotting."
Selden
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:48 pm

Postby Calbeck on Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:50 pm

Roy roasts a few kabobs at once, at first happy enough to be listening to the discussion rather than being listened to.
User avatar
Calbeck
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Land of AZ

Postby Madmoonie on Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:09 pm

Somewhere in the depths inbetween sleep and conciousness, Deac mummered from his sprawl on the ground to Toma "I think you are staring too hard at the shadows to see if they dance."
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

Postby Capnregex on Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:13 pm

"Aye" Will says, Sounds like a place I'd like to visit.
User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am

Postby Madmoonie on Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:02 pm

Deac raises one eyebrow in a very lazy fashion and asks, "Attemtping to change the subject, are we?" Than lazily beguns to eat his kabob.
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

Postby Capnregex on Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:00 pm

Will eyes Deac, "I was talking about The Green Kracken, what were you talking about?"
User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:57 am

Deac wafts his hand lazily at Toma and then seemingly falls back to sleep.
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:00 am

[Deleted]
Last edited by Madmoonie on Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

PreviousNext

 

Return to Under the Lemon Tree



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron