Goblin Hollow RPing

Mjolnir
Cartoon Hero

Post by Mjolnir »

I'd assume that CasVeg is busy putting together plots for the various games.

- Mjolnir

Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Post by Madmoonie »

So whats happening with this? I was going to make a character, but is it not happening?
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!

Capnregex
Regular Poster

Post by Capnregex »

William Barbary wanders in leading a large warhorse which is laden with bundles. Will quickly unloads the beast then slaps it on the rump, causing it to gallop off into the mist.

Will then starts to open his bundles. Before long he has set up a grill, and is cooking steaks.

Anybody Hungary? he asks in a friendly manner..

Selden
Regular Poster

Post by Selden »

Nope. I've never even met somebody from Hungary.

Seriously, if you want to you can make a character sans die rolling and try for simple interaction on this thread; it's no slaughter of the beast of blackmoor, but it can still be interesting. It can help you flesh out the personality you want to work with if/when CasVeg does get things started, too. All you have to remember is that a personality built around the idea that you're smarter and faster than anybody else is going to make that character look conceited and totally unaware of his own limits if the later die rolls don't agree.

Oh, and capnregx... I completely overlooked the bit in Savage Species' anthropomorphic animal section where it says the anthro creatures' hit dice isn't related to the base animals' hit dice. The right entry for adjusting level is in the animal section of the SRD; 5 HD, plus 3 if you wanted Barbary to be a born werelion instead of having been bitten by one. An ECL of 8... well, you'll definitely have to use the weretiger template and tiger(lycanthrope) classes I linked to earlier if you want to bring him into a low level campaign. Just remember that the lion (lycanthrope) class should fit all its benefits in in one less level than the weretiger, if you want all the benefits of being a werelion without paying an extra level.

Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Post by Madmoonie »

I think it would be fun, if just for simple interaction, maybe something could develop from our characters talking with each other. I will give it a try.....

.....................................................................................

A voice from the shadows coughs and says quietly "Well, if you're cooking.....I like mine medium rare." A form melts from a non-disprect shadow in the corner. He appears to be of medium height and build but it is hard to determine his appearence, he blends into the background. His long cloak whispers as the bellows in the slight breeze. Thick, muddy boots stomp across the floor and Deac Moto sits down on the floor. His face is obscured by a deep hood but he throws it back to reveal deep, piercing blue eyes, but a broad smile, and a frazzled haircut. A human. He appears unarmed.

He looks away, seemingly searching for anyone approaching. Deac looks back at William and says quietly, "So anyone else coming?"
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!

Selden
Regular Poster

Post by Selden »

Well now, I don't see any reason to not bring Toma Norwood in. He was a rogue in Faerun, but that campaign died out before he even got to second level; it'd be a shame to give his personality so little use.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The figure who comes along next clearly has no right to have remained unnoticed for long enough to get into speaking range; sky blue shirt, pants and cloak with light green trim are anything but discreet. He's a simple medium-height human with a well-kept crop of short brown hair, a similarly maintained mustache and the barest trace of a tan, and has a demeanor that practically begs to be noticed in even a crowded bar, even without the simply superbly crafted rapier at his side. His leather armor, tailored to be as unrestrictive as possible while still being of some protection, is just as pleasing to the eye. (Neither are really mastercraft; they were just made with an eye toward aesthetics.)
He saunters up to the duo as he speaks; "I can't say I know who you're expecting or why, but I'm always up for a free meal, some casual conversation... and perhaps a game or two of cards later on?"

Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Post by Madmoonie »

Deac eyes the newcomer with interested espression and then says "Fine. Sure, ummm....welcome, I guess. M'name is Moto." He gives the newcomer another once over and says, with the barest trace of a smirk, "If we are playing cards, can we check your sleeves first." With a look that said that said he wished he hadn't said it, Deac apologizes. "Sorry, friend, if I offended. I am very bad at jokes." As a jesture of hopeful friendship, Deac profers a hand.
----

Selden
Regular Poster

Post by Selden »

Toma splays his hand across his chest like... well, like a magician just accused of cheating at cards. "Me, cheat? Why, I've never heard such a thing... in the last week or so," he ends his declamation with a light laugh. "It'd have been sooner, but I'm moving up the wagon routes for fresh games right now. Doesn't do to stay in one place forever, even if I make a point of never learning to do this," he mimes whipping a card from a sleeve.

He takes Deac's hand in a grip calculated to put the average commoner (which is what he usually deals with) at ease; nothing limp enough to imply distaste, nor strong enough to seem like he's trying to intimidate. "Ah, it's an old joke, and I've heard it a lot, but that's nothing to blame yourself over. I'm Toma Norwood, professional gambler-and I wouldn't try to take your money anyway. I only gamble in taverns, so there's people about to spread word of an honest high-roller... and to help prove I didn't do any cheating."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Toma actually had no ranks in Sleight of Hand entirely for that reason. He also donated a tenth of every day's winnings to a Forgotten Realms deity named Tymora, who was the goddess of skill and luck. Not that that necessarily had anything to do with his success.

Capnregex
Regular Poster

Post by Capnregex »

One medium rare coming up. Deac is it?

The name's William Barbary, here,
Though for some reason I be often called Cap'n, though I answer as well to Will.

And what'll it be for ye Toma?

*flip* *sizzle* ...

Will is currently wearing a simply cut broadcloth shirt with the sleeves rolled up just past his elbow. A pair of heavy leather pantaloons, ending just below his knees, and a heavy canvas apron with 'Bottomless Pit' Embroidered across the chest. His hair is a dark, nearly black brown with redish highlights, He also has a lightly tanned olive complection, clean shaven, with golden eyes. If it weren't for the golden eyes, and the fact his height is a little over 6', you might mistake him for your average blacksmith.

Selden
Regular Poster

Post by Selden »

Toma sizes up the tall, muscular man with the traditional sort of cook's apron (always derogatory or inane, if there's writing) in a glance. "A pleasure to meet you, Captain. I'm partial to medium; fewer juices to mar my grand appearance when I get to town... assuming I ever do. I must have gotten lost somewhere in all the fog, but from the looks of it I can't be too far from civilization." His teeth flash in a quick smile. "Unless you normally start grilling food in the middle of nowhere."

Fusion
Regular Poster

Post by Fusion »

"Well, while he's cook'n, I'll take mine well done!"

All eyes turn to see a young man of average height wearing a blue robe come strolling up. The small blue and yellow dragon perched on his shoulder began to chatter a bit.

"Oh! And a small peice, rare, for Grannom here."
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"--Edgar Allen Poe
"I just had an argument with myself, so now we're not talking."--me
"We are the salt of the earth, not the powdered sugar."--R.H. Jr.

Capnregex
Regular Poster

Post by Capnregex »

One Medium, One welldone, Coming up.

"Here's the Medium Rare" he says as he flips a steak onto a handy platter.

I thought there might be a fiew hungary sort around..

*slices a piece rare, and offers it to the little fellow on the shoulder *

Selden
Regular Poster

Post by Selden »

Toma steps back willingly enough to let the young sorcerer and familiar (at least, that's what he's assuming for now) at the grill. "Hmm. Seems like this spot is going to fill fast, at this rate. It's a shame I don't have anything to make it more hospitable than standing or sitting on damp ground."

Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Post by Madmoonie »

Deac munches on his steak happily, swallows and says "Are you expecting anyone else? I was just passing through." When he notices the others looking at him, he seemingly without movement moves to the edge of the group. He looks down at his feet munches on his food again, quietly trying not to draw attention to himself.
----

Capnregex
Regular Poster

Post by Capnregex »

Orders Up... Here ya go Yall..

Expecting, Ye could say that I suppose.. I was expecting somebody, and it appears that those somebodies are yall..

*serves his own plate last, a seared steak warm enough to be called cooked, if just bairly..*
*sits down with the plate in his lap, and enjoys his steak*

Fusion
Regular Poster

Post by Fusion »

"Thank you," he said when handed his order. Grannom was already happily chewing on his peice.

"Pardon my lack of manner! I'm Johnathan," extending free hand.
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"--Edgar Allen Poe
"I just had an argument with myself, so now we're not talking."--me
"We are the salt of the earth, not the powdered sugar."--R.H. Jr.

Mjolnir
Cartoon Hero

Post by Mjolnir »

A human in rather ragged clothing stumbles out of the fog. He had long, red hair and a small beard. He looks around, dazed and collapses about 15 feet from the fire.

OOC: Time to get this party started. ;)

Selden
Regular Poster

Post by Selden »

Toma abandons introductions and his free meal to attempt to roll the collapsed man onto his back. He kneels next to the man and (if he was able to roll the guy over without protest) puts two fingers on his neck to check for a pulse. "So much for a leisurely meal. Anybody here know anything about first aid?"

Mjolnir
Cartoon Hero

Post by Mjolnir »

The man has a pulse as well as a striking head injury near his temple. It doesn't look recent as it is not bleeding and the blood has crushed in his hair and on his skin. He is well tanned and looks as if he makes his living out doors.

Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Post by Madmoonie »

Deac frowns and moves over to the body. "I was going to sudjest someone getting him a drink. However..." followed by a shrug. Deac starts to examine the body. While doing so, hushed mutterings can be heard, "Intersting turn of events for a free picnic. What is your story, I wonder?" Deac exmaines the wound, then turns around, stands up, and puts back his hood. He says to the group assembled around the uncouncious form, "Well, he has plenty of pluck, I will give him that." After a questioning stare from the others, Deac explains. "He walked here. Someone struck this gentleman, from behind to say the least, and caused a terrible wound, but he walked long enough to let the blood dry." Deac turned around bent over the figure again. "The question is....what did you do to irk someone so badly, my friend? And how did that someone get the drop on someone who is no staranger to the outdoors" Deac says to the uncouncious figure. And then to the others "Is robbery that common around here? I am.....new to the area."
----