Goblin Hollow RPing

Postby Shyal_malkes on Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:21 am

"neat trick!" Jake said "here watch this." and he draws with a finger the outline of a longsword which somehow appears in the air. grabbing it ane waving it in a wild and obviously untrained manner. it quickly becomes apparent that the sword isn't real, as anything it touches not only is unharmed but ignore's the sword's existance immediately. eventually the sword fades and Jake turns back to Deac.

"heee! that was fun!" Jake said smiling "what's next?"
Last edited by Shyal_malkes on Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 am

Postby Selden on Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:28 am

Toma stands well to one side, wondering how it is somebody as old as Deac seems to be can be so naive and unbalanced. Staying silent and out of sight while somebody like Will makes sure the 'assassin' doesn't actually harm anybody for imagined offenses seems like the best bet; mere wordplay would be just as likely to set him off.
Selden
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:48 pm

Postby Capnregex on Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:39 am

Will blinks at Deac, then laughs.. "Oh Job will be around.. "
The horse whickers and rolls it's eyes.
User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am

Postby Calbeck on Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:18 pm

Roy chuckles at Jake's antics, nodding to return Deac's greeting.

"Mornin', you two. Mindja I don't start off a new lay about ghost swords an' high hopes, eh?"
User avatar
Calbeck
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Land of AZ

Postby Madmoonie on Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:08 am

Deac stares at Roy, wide-eyed and a bit flabbergasted. He stammers a bit then gets out "...............What?"

After giving himself a good mental shake, Deac manages, "Are you....you coming with us......Master Horseman?"
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

Postby Calbeck on Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:30 pm

For a moment, Roy looks around the square, as though searching for this "Master Horseman". Breaking into a grin, the unicorn arches an eyebrow at Deac and places one hoof in the mule's right-hand stirrup.

"Well, unless YOU can think o' a better reason fer me ta come wanderin' outta my woods in THIS getup..."

He mounts effortlessly, taking a relaxed position leaning back against the bags piled atop his steed, and crosses his jack-legs so that the ankles encircle the saddlehorn. He reaches out one cloven hoof in a lazy fashion, snagging the reins loosely, the very image of creative sloth.
User avatar
Calbeck
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Land of AZ

Postby Shyal_malkes on Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:47 pm

"Oh, yeah!" Jake says suddenly "Will, I almost forgot to give you this." and he handed a sealed envelope to Will.

"it's a letter from my family, I've never read one exactly but I've heard about them" Jake says "it might be written by my great grandfather"

then in a hushed tone "though, if anyone else from my family comes by, you might not want to be wearing that, especially if my great grandfather drops by."
User avatar
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 am

Postby Capnregex on Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:36 pm

Will glances at the letter as he takes it, then down at his armor when Jake mentions it..

"Ah yes" he says.. "This particular armor is probably older than your grandfather. I'll have to tell you it's tale sometime.. "

Having said that, he snaps the seal and quickly reads the letter.. He then hands it to a young lad who was loading supplies. The lad then runs off with the letter.

Will says "I'm sure the council will agree.. "
User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am

Postby Shyal_malkes on Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:53 am

"yeah," Jake says almost absentmindedly. "just don't let him catch you with that, he'd probably squash you, grind you into the ground, burn you, chew you up and spit you back out, salt the ground and curse the land so nothing ever grew there again."

then he seems to rethink what he said. "oh, wait a minute! oh, I'm sorry, that's the penalty for theft I'm thinking about. no, if he caught you with that armor it'd be much worse."
User avatar
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 am

Postby Madmoonie on Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:28 am

Deac did a very god listening to all this without actually listening. It peaked his curiousity but he decided not to pursuit further. Instead, he said outloud, "Who are we missing?"
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

Postby Fusion on Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:10 am

John comes running up panting with Grannom in tow.

"Sorry I'm a bit late. The little glutton went for another cheese raid.”

“Who? Me?” Grannom's mock innocence sounds in the back of Deac's mind.
User avatar
Fusion
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:16 pm
Location: My own little world

Postby Madmoonie on Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:41 am

"And you, you tacky evening acessory, can stay out of my head!" Deac grumped mentality. Then he sat down and idily poking through his pack.
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

Postby Capnregex on Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:43 am

As the companions finish packing their gear, the villagers gather around..
Will notices and turns to Roy and asks..
"Does your mount spook easy?"
User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am

Postby Calbeck on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:00 pm

Roy looks down between his hooves for a moment, as his mule looks back at him and snorts disgustedly.

"She's fine. Never known her ta spook at anythin', really."

At that, the mule closes her eyes and arches her neck, visibly preening.
User avatar
Calbeck
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Land of AZ

Postby Capnregex on Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:42 pm

Will says "Good" and then stands up on the back of his horse.
A moment later a hush falls over the gathered villagers...

Will, in his lion form, tips his head back and roars loudly.
The villagers roar back, starting a continious cataphony of roars loud enough to vibrate your bones.
( the well trained village horses look around, but don't spook )
User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am

Postby Shyal_malkes on Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:33 am

"sweet" Jake whispers
User avatar
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 am

Postby Madmoonie on Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:47 pm

Deac blinks. He head ringing from the great roaring, he must pause for awhile and collect himself. Deac shakes his head one more time, checks the cloth mask covering his face, mounts Sid, and passes this event off as some parting or farewell ceremony. Mentally he declares himself ready to go. Sid did not really not notice the roaring as he was far to engrossed in examining some small bug.
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

Postby Fusion on Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:54 am

“Now THAT'S a send off!” John sticks a finger in his ear and wiggles it around.

Grannom not wanting to be outdone then lets out a rather anticlimactic roar of his own.
User avatar
Fusion
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:16 pm
Location: My own little world

Postby Selden on Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:39 am

What Toma thinks is the gambler's own business, but his studied poker face certainly indicates he's hiding some sort of reaction as he makes a show of checking his crossbow over again.
Selden
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:48 pm

Postby Capnregex on Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:45 am

Will shifts to fully human, and looks around at the adventuring group with a smile.
"Ok, lets get going.." he says, as he settles into his saddle.
User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am

PreviousNext

 

Return to Under the Lemon Tree



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron