Goblin Hollow RPing

Postby Madmoonie on Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:49 pm

Deac, jumps to his feet (as quick as one can in a suit of armor), and asks uncertainly, "The hard way?"
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

Postby Capnregex on Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:36 am

The stable master says, "Aye, the hard way generally involves knocking the horse out, so we can fix the problem without getting kicked."
User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:39 am

"Sorry that I was not able to help you but what about him?" Deac asked, pointing back the orginal horse, who apparently had been watching him the entire time.
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

Postby Capnregex on Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:56 am

The stable hand looks at Deac a moment, and ponders a moment..
"Yer going with Will on that mission, yes?"
"Look, I'd rather see Will back in one peice, and I suspect that ye might have better odds with that beast, than without it. ... I'll loan 'im to ye for a 10 gold peice deposit. Get Will and yourself back in one peice and we can talk about a more permanant arrangement then. "
User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am

Postby Madmoonie on Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:37 pm

A enormous smile comes over Deac's face and he takes the man's hand in a firm grasp and shakes it thoroghly. "Sir, you have got yourself a deal. But I insist on at least 20 gold. At least for the saddle and briddle. Not a penny less."

Deac's purse magically appears in his hand from seemingly nowhere and he counts out 20 pieces of gold and hands it to the stablemaster in two neat little stacks. "Thank you," Deac says, firmly and sincerily.

The stablemaster asks, "Will you be needed him beded in here," and jerks his thumb over his shoulder at the barn.

"No!" says Deac with a laugh. "No, I want to ride him! Just to get to know him. And I have some chores to do."

The stablemaster produces a harness and saddle, and Deac takes them, slinging them over his shoulder and walks out to the horse. He stops short of it of it thought, and thoughtfully places the items he is carrying on the fence next to him and approaches the horse carefully.

"What should I call you?" After pondering a while, Deac voices, "Knightmare? Beauty? Tornado? Coal?" After each try the horse shakes his head. He does not like the sudgestions. Deac again ponders for awhile and then snaps his fingers.

"Obsidian!" He exclaims, but the horse cocks its head at him, inqiuiring but not rejecting either. "Sid for short, then?" Deac asks and the horse nodds with entusisam. "Sid, it is, then."

Deac places the saddle and harness on Sid, who justs sits there patiently like he's getting a barber's cut until Deac finishes. Deac steps back to make sure that all is right and then places a hand on the pommel and hoists himself up. The stablemaster walks up to Deac, smiles and hands him his helmet. Deac looks down and shakes the man's hand. "Thank you so much for your kindness sir. I will repay my debt. You can on that."

The stablemaster justs nods. Deac replaces his helmet and clicks his heels to give Sid a go. Sid whinnies loadly, rears back, paws the air with his hooves like some comimorative statue and then bolts forward and over the fence. Sid then spins slightly, stamping the ground and huffing. Deac, however incredibly surprised, reigns in Sid and leans over and whispers effectionatly, "Had to do it at least once, did you not? Showoff. Good job. Let us go then. To market, yahh." Deac gives Sid a small pat and Sid canters away, pretending nothing had happened.

After purchasing a long length of rope, some climbing gear, maintiance tools, and bigger puuch for 2 gold, Deac finds John still in the market. "Find what you needed?" he asks John jovially.
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

Postby Fusion on Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:05 pm

“Not quite, but I don't have enough money left to get anything else. And I still haven't found a piece of straw!” he says with a wink.

Walking up to the horse, he begins to stroke it's cheek.

“Greetings! I don't think we've met yet. What's your name?”
User avatar
Fusion
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:16 pm
Location: My own little world

Postby Madmoonie on Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:29 pm

"This is Obsidian!" Sid turned his head and peered at Deac and gave a little shake. "Fine, fine!" Deac exclaims, "But I think he prefers just Sid." Sid huffs at John as Deac takes off his helmet. "But no straw? No staw?!" Deac performs some grand gesture at the market. "Not one person in this entire market has a single blade of straw?" exclaims Deac and then he looks at his helmet. He notices something and fiddles with his helmet.

"Look, here! Here is some straw, got from the stable...there is your straw," he says with a large grin, and hands John some straw that his helmet had picked from when he placed it on the ground.
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

Postby Fusion on Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:47 pm

“Thanks!” he says taking the straw and putting it in one of his many pouches. “It's good to know you have your head in the game!”
User avatar
Fusion
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:16 pm
Location: My own little world

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:10 pm

Deac thumps his helmet back in place and raps smartly upon it. He listens to the hollow tump sound it produces and says" Indeed. Its good to have my head back on my sholders where it belongs."

"Well, I am off to find the others to see if there is anything that needs to be done before we can leave on this journey of ours. Anything you wish to add?" he asks John.
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

Postby NydaLynn on Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:43 pm

Wolf stares at Nessa for some long minutes before barking to get her attention.

"What?" Nessa sounds abit distracted still, counting back change to a departing customer.

Wolf head motions towards John and Deac standing aways off with the horse.

Nesse glances at them a moment then back to Wolf, looking at the two a second time before her eyes grow wide. "Nah! ...Them?"

Wolf nods.

"You sure?"

Wolf growrfs and stares at Nessa like she's lost her mind.

"Okay, okay, but you better be right. I don't want a repeat of two years ago."

Wolf huffs and eye-rolls, as if Nessa doesn't quite remember who was at fault for what even a week ago let alone two years.

Calling over a few of the village children, Nessa arranges to have her stall cared for and loads up some prepackaged bundles on Wolf, with a very pecial package ontop. Barely hesitating, she packs a extra bundle for herself to carry with her favorite dried and bottled hers spiced and neccessities.

"And don't give me any gruff about how I should have known. Lots of spells call for those ingrediants..."
Wolf tailwags and looks smug as the two head towards Deac and John.
"Just, there's only a few that work in that combo he asked for..." She mutters under her breath. "Oh, stop that grinning!" Nessa says in annoyance.

Just as Deac finishes his question, Nessa and Wolf arrive close by. "Um.. excuse me." Nessa says. "But I couldn't help bit overhear about a journey?"

For some reason, Wolf looks even smuger than normal, calmly sitting next to Nessa, coming in at just a head shorter than the elf hybrid. Tailwagging, Wolf offers a soft friendly woof to Sid.
User avatar
NydaLynn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:50 am
Location: Amish Country, PA

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:44 am

They had stopped by a small bookseller's stall and Deac saves the most important thing for last when he buys a small Bible for a silver and places in his pouch. Meanwhile, Sid huffs at the creature then finds someting more interesting in the some on the ground nearby. Sid was not overly impressed with the wolf.

Deac hears the question and looks down and his voice echoes from within his helmet as he says "Yes. A journey. Why are you curious, young one?"
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

Postby Capnregex on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:59 am

Will stretches, and stands up...
"Well, I have to finish packing, see ya in the morning.. " he says, and then pads out of the room...
User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am

Postby NydaLynn on Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:38 pm

Wolf just watches the conversation between Nessa and the suit of armour.

At Deac's words, Nessa glances curiously at Wolf a moment before clearing her throat and proceeding. "I'm flattered you think me so young, but I'm sure it's the helemet cutting off the visibility..."

Actually, it's not very easy to tell her age. From a distance or at a glance she could be easily mistaken for a child with her hight. A closer inspection proves her to look about a very short mid-twenties. Of corse, it's hard to tell with elf spawn.

"...I just couldn't help but overhear. Also, I do happen to have more of the items your young friend here required. They were set aside for a journey. If you truly happen to be going on one, I believe they may have been set aside for just this one. Would there be any room in your group?"
User avatar
NydaLynn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:50 am
Location: Amish Country, PA

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:47 pm

Deac studies the small elf when with silence then says quietly, "Perhaps. I would like to know your name and why you wish to journey with us......but perhaps that can wait. Come. Let us go and meet the others quickly at the library. The evening is wearing on."
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

Postby Fusion on Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:18 pm

Grannom starts a staring contest with the wolf as they begin to head towards the Library. John, seeming very pleased, heads off on his own little monologue.

“Hello! Thanks for helping me earlier. My name's Johnathan, but you can call me John. So you're and Elf? I've read a little about Elves. They're supposed to be very good with magic! Can you use magic as well? Can you teach me a few things?”
User avatar
Fusion
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:16 pm
Location: My own little world

Postby Madmoonie on Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:31 am

Deac leans over and thumps John softly on the head. "Behave. We can ask questions later."
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

Postby Calbeck on Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:59 am

Roy and his mule saunter up to the Library, noting the gathered assembly, and he nods in greeting. The mule, despite an apparently permanent look of long-suffering, is immaculately groomed, even to the extent of her saddle and bridle being polished to a high sheen.
User avatar
Calbeck
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Land of AZ

Postby NydaLynn on Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:54 pm

Wolf plays along, staring back at Grannom. Soon the wolf loses, grining good naturdly.

Nessa chuckles and talks with John as they arrive at the Library, taking quick steps to keep up. "My name's Nessa. Nice to meet you." She shakes her head with a embarrased smile. "Half elf.. I think. I know some stuff, but I'm much better at herbs and finding things than actual magic work."

Seeing Roy arrive, she nods and waves to hm, remembering him from earlier.
User avatar
NydaLynn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:50 am
Location: Amish Country, PA

Postby Capnregex on Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:14 am

Will walks in and looks around.. "Hi yall."
User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am

Postby Madmoonie on Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:22 am

Sid saunters over to a hitching post and, after Deac gives a long stare at the unicorn and mule, Deac turns briefly towards Will and does his two-fingered salute. He greets Will by saying, "Ah, Mastersmith. Unless I am mistaken, I believe that we are more or less ready. John even got his straw!"

Deac dismounts and walks over to Will. "And you look prepared yourself, are we ready to depart in the morning? We even picked a straggler! May I please introduce m'lady Nessa. Ms. Nessa, Mastersmith William Barbary." Deac bows between the two and takes a step back as like a servant introducing two nobles.
User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)

PreviousNext

 

Return to Under the Lemon Tree



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest