Goblin Hollow RPing

Postby Cuerden on Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:23 am

You know, I'm starting up a campaign tomorrow.... You could jioin the Few... the Proud... the Expenda... *cough* Maroon in my campaign "Redshirts" Show up in channel #dnd on server irc.nightstar.net
Cuerden
Regular Poster

Postby Mjolnir on Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:26 am

Cuerden wrote:You know, I'm starting up a campaign tomorrow.... You could jioin the Few... the Proud... the Expenda... *cough* Maroon in my campaign "Redshirts" Show up in channel #dnd on server irc.nightstar.net

Thanks for the invite. I think part of the problem, though, is that many of us cannot be counted on for chat sessions. Hence why we're RPing this way.

- Mjolnir
Mjolnir
Cartoon Hero

Postby Cuerden on Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:00 pm

Mjolnir wrote:
Cuerden wrote:You know, I'm starting up a campaign tomorrow.... You could jioin the Few... the Proud... the Expenda... *cough* Maroon in my campaign "Redshirts" Show up in channel #dnd on server irc.nightstar.net

Thanks for the invite. I think part of the problem, though, is that many of us cannot be counted on for chat sessions. Hence why we're RPing this way.

- Mjolnir

Weel, those that can...
Cuerden
Regular Poster

Postby Selden on Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:02 pm

Toma busies himself with looking like he's being helpful, slipping an older and more careworn cape from the slim pack hidden under the cape he's still wearing and balling it up as a makeshift pillow. "Speculating's a fine thing, but it's got its own time and place. I'd like to get this guy up and able to tell us what happened ASAP; we can worry about whether he's a ranger fate dealt a pair or a woodcutter with a full house later, when we're sure we're not in trouble." Task completed, he stands and brushes at the dirt on his knees. "So does anybody have healing magic? Scrolls or potions they're willing to expend? A nearby paladin they can contact, even? I've got a small flask of stuff that'll deaden hangovers for when I play people who insist on drinking, but I doubt it'll be strong enough for this 'headache'."
Selden
Regular Poster

Postby Mjolnir on Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:10 pm

When the man's head is lifted, he groans slightly.

More inspection of his person turns up that he, in fact, still has a money pouch, his weapons (a wide bladed dagger and a heavy hammer) and his pack. His pack is laying near him, as if he had been carrying it but dropped it a few steps before he collapsed.
Mjolnir
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:56 pm

Johnathan, who had already drop his steak in surprise, was now paging trough a small book he had in his robe looking for a heal spell.

I knew I should have memorized one, just in case.
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"--Edgar Allen Poe
"I just had an argument with myself, so now we're not talking."--me
"We are the salt of the earth, not the powdered sugar."--R.H. Jr.
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby Cuerden on Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:10 pm

((Yeep. Didn't realise you were actually RPing in this topic now! Sorry!))
Cuerden
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:18 pm

Deac says nothing. He surveys the empty landscape with a sense of unease. While the others examine their "guest" Deac takes stock of their situation. After forming a conclusion Deac turns around and addresses the group. Quite softly, he says "I do not disagree with helping, but to......to clarify we are a we then?" As everyone turns to look at the soft-spoken young man, he says seems to shrink a little and barely whispers "I'm sorry. This is all a bit new to me." He raises his head a little and "I do want to help. I am just rather new at all this."

With a small laugh, he sits down and pulls out a package from the depths of his cloak and begins sorting through it, looking for helpful items. "Know where I am going? I was looking for a job......to help, I guess." A small smile appears again. With a bit of a declaration he says, "I want to help you. I will do my best." Deac starts looking through his pouch again, with a little more resolution.

"One question though....," he says quite suddenly, "Where are we?"
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Capnregex on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:56 pm

Will sets down his plate, and walks over to the fallen fellow. He pulls out a small vial of oil from his pocket, get's just a drop on his finger, and kneels down near the fellows head.
William then touches the fellow's head lightly with his fingertips and closing his eyes, he says.
"Friend, By the power that God has given me, and in the name of Yahova, I command thee to be healed. Amen!"
He then pulls his hands back and opens his eyes to inspect the fellow closer.
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Mjolnir on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:10 pm

Another groan is heard as Will puts his finger on the wound. After the prayer, the wound closes and the man's eyes begin to flutter.

"Cast?" he mutters, and then his eyes open, "Huh? What's going on?"
Mjolnir
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:27 pm

John smerked.

Figures. I just found it.

He dogeared the page for later and put it back in his robe.

"Well, I'm not quite sure myself. But if you're feeling up to it, I'm sure he'll be glad to make you a steak." indicating Will.
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"--Edgar Allen Poe
"I just had an argument with myself, so now we're not talking."--me
"We are the salt of the earth, not the powdered sugar."--R.H. Jr.
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby Capnregex on Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:13 pm

Aye, Our friend here may like one as well. The grill should still be hot.
There's also some fruit in that bag over there, and some waterskins next to it.

As for what what's going on, we were hoping you'd tell us.. We were just having some food when you stumbled in.
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Selden on Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:19 pm

Note to self: either Captain William Barbary is a paladin or, as his eyes imply, some sort of avatar or celestial. At least that explains his manner of speech. "Ehm, not to sound heartless or anything, but perhaps you can tell us what you know of what happened to you while your steak is cooking. I, for one, find that knowing I'm not in imminent danger is a great help for my digestion... and if we're not, or we are and somebody nearby isn't, I'd suffer my meal going cold to rectify the situation."

His gaze drifts toward the rather nervous youngster. "I'll put it this way, Deac. Some people make friends easily and break them just as fast. Others are never sure they've the right to call anybody 'friend,' but would die to protect them anyway. I can't speak for anybody else, but I don't really hit either of the extremes; I just know that it's better to have somebody at your back when bad times and ill fortune hit, and that it's foolish to distrust everybody you run into. Speaking just for myself, I've never done anything as foolhardy as adventuring before... but right now we've got a mess of unlikely people in one group, and I'd much rather we trouble trouble before it's got a chance to trouble us. So if you watch my back, I'll watch yours... and remember the favor if we meet again. Deal?"
Selden
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:31 pm

"You have got a bargain," Deac Moto said and firmly shook the man's hand. Toma turned to the man. "And now perhaps we can understand why you have choosen to grace with your presence," Toma said with a smile.

One had to feel sorry for the wounded man, for he seemed fixated on the dark, shadowy figure of a fully cloaked and hooded Deac Moto. The man's eyes went wide and moved up and down Deac's lanky form sevral times, while his mouth imitated that of a fish. Deac seemed oblivous to this until Toma noticed the man's instense scrutiny. "Moto!" he called at the cloaked figure. Deac glanced over and saw Toma gesture at his own head. He tilted his own head, as if trying to understand and then back at the newcomer. "OH!" he said suddenly, "Sorry!" Deac threw back his hood and the man seemed to relax some. Deac's face looked as red as the setting sun. "Sorry about that. Rather a force of habit. I tend to loom....."

Deac squated down in front of the man, and looked him in the eye. "Now you seem to have interupted a bit of a dinner party. Please inform us why you choose to interupt this fine meal? And what can we do to make you at ease? As my friends mentioned, I can highly recommend the steak."

-----------------------------------------------
Sorry if I am not supposed to use Toma's dialogue.
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Capnregex on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:54 pm

Captain William Barbary (Will) smiles a friendly manner, gets up and fetches a waterskin for the recently healed man.
"Here you go." he says as he hands the waterskin to the red haired man.
"Ye think ye can water yerself?" he asks, with a twinkle in his golden eyes.
After a brief pause to get an answer, he returns to pick up his plate, and puts another steak on the grill.
"How do ye like yer beast?" He asks.

A quick look around, reveals a large, tawny colored war horse grazing peacefully nearby. Near the grill are several bags, a saddle and tack for a large horse.. The saddle has several weapons leaning against it, including a large sword, sheathed with it's hilt fashoned like a lions paw, holding a white stone. A white shield with a lion head painted on it, a mace, a horsebow, quiver with white fletched arrows, and what looks like a suit of armor.
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Mjolnir on Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:31 am

Holding his head, the man waves his other hand at the group.

"Please, slow down," he says and then takes the skin from Will, "Thank you, sir."

He drinks and looks around.

"First of all," he says, a smile creeping to his lips, "I'll take mine medium, please. I'm not quite sure how I got this injury, but it must have come from those companions I was traveling with. I knew I shouldn't have taken that ship to get here. They must have dumped me on the coast for some reason and I guess I wandered here."

He suddenly seems to remember that there are others around him.

"Where are my manners?" he shakes his head, "My name is Vladamir Har..." He stops short, "You ... um ... you can call me Vlad."

OOC: Two things jump out at you from this. First, he has a tendency to tug on his gloves, as if afraid that they'd fall off. Second, you are no where near the coast, so it's impossible for him to have come by ship to get here.
Mjolnir
Cartoon Hero

Postby Selden on Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:31 am

Haley (Order of the Stick #46): "Geez, grow a Sense Motive."
'Fraid I'll have to discount both OOC comments for now. All sorts of people have odd little habits, but you never see anybody hypothesizing that Captain Picard keeps pulling down on his uniform because he's actually a monstrous creature with a giant mouth in its torso. And as far as anybody 'cept possibly capnregx can say, we are somewhat near the coast. That's where Toma expects to be, since he generally hits the trade routes near port cities. I'll just settle for vague suspicion that Vladamir 'Har' isn't saying everything he knows.

I hear some places do more of an interactive fiction where a vote gets taken on locations and possible events as well as the actions the group would normally have to agree on... I'm just not sure how well it works.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hmm. Well, if there's no immediate danger, I guess I can finish eating before we do anything else... just call me Toma." Toma goes back to his steak, several feet from the formerly wounded man.
Selden
Regular Poster

Postby Mjolnir on Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:52 am

OOC again: I was going on the premise that CasVeg started with, which would be that we were playing in a rather mountainous region, which puts it more than a little distance from a coastline. Also, Picard tugged his shirt when he got up. Vlad is almost constantly tugging on his gloves in some way.
===========================

"I'm pleased to meet you, Toma," Vlad says, "The same for the rest of you. Who knows how long I would have been unconcious if you hadn't have been here?"
Mjolnir
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:19 am

Deac's eyes narrow and he stares at the man for far longer than is comfortable. After considering what the man last said, Deac simply responds "................Indeed." Deac then moves around the man and sits directly behind Vlad, and chooses to just stare through the man's head. After a while Deac relents and mutters "Is there anywhere we can see you to, Mr.Vladamir "Har?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I drew a picture of what I imagined Moto to look like. Deac Moto
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mjolnir on Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:56 am

Vlad sighs. He looks up to the sky, folds his hands and says, "I'm sorry. I should not have tried to decieve."

"My name is Vladamir Harkonan," he says, "And I am traveling away from my home, and memories, to new lands to spread the word of my Order of peace and healing."
Mjolnir
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Under the Lemon Tree