Yeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaw

Yeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaw

Postby SolidusRaccoon on Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:29 am

Saddam will be doing the rope dance very soon, time to die scumbag.
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jaydub on Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:57 am

Hey, How about pay for view. I bet they would get a lot of takers for that program..... :twisted:
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams
Jaydub
Regular Poster

Postby The JAM on Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:15 pm

He's getting off lightly, but at least we can all hope for a slow death.
Or maybe they should throw mustard gas at him, like he did to the Kurds.
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby Indorri on Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:16 pm

I was wondering when you all were going to post about this.
Indorri

Postby StrangeWulf13 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:23 pm

Eh, broken neck or asphyxiation; either's good for me. :twisted: After all, he has an eternity of solitude to look forward to...
I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait. Thanks.
StrangeWulf13
Cartoon Hero

Postby TMLutas on Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:46 pm

Just a small note to temper the glee. If he doesn't repent before death, this is generally one you put in the loss column, not the win column. Saddam's execution is cutting our losses in anticipation of further negatives, not a genuine victory. It's as necessary as poop scooping and just about as joyous for me.
TMLutas
Regular Poster

Postby Indorri on Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:29 pm

TMLutas wrote:Just a small note to temper the glee. If he doesn't repent before death, this is generally one you put in the loss column, not the win column. Saddam's execution is cutting our losses in anticipation of further negatives, not a genuine victory. It's as necessary as poop scooping and just about as joyous for me.

It's nice to see someone not taking delight in a man's doom and eternal damnation while gleefully fantasizing about his suffering and torment.
Indorri

Postby RHJunior on Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:35 pm

Though I do not rejoice at his damnation, I am happy and relieved to see the final end of the reign of an unspeakably wicked man.
<I>
My life goes on in endless song
Above earths lamentations,
I hear the real, though far-off hymn
That hails a new creation.

Through all the tumult and the strife
I hear its music ringing,
It sounds an echo in my soul.
How can I keep from singing?

While though the tempest loudly roars,
I hear the truth, it liveth.
And though the darkness round me close,
Songs in the night it giveth.

No storm can shake my inmost calm,
While to that rock Im clinging.
Since love is lord of heaven and earth

<B>When tyrants tremble in their fear
And hear their death knell ringing,
When friends rejoice both far and near

In prison cell and dungeon vile
Our thoughts to them are winging,
When friends by shame are undefiled
How can I keep from singing?</b>

-Enya</I>
"What was that popping noise ?"
"A paradigm shifting without a clutch."
--Dilbert
RHJunior
Cartoon Hero

Postby Earl McClaw on Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:48 pm

RHJunior wrote:Though I do not rejoice at his damnation, I am happy and relieved to see the final end of the reign of an unspeakably wicked man.

And his equally offensive sons before him.

I'm tempted to mention my concept for a slow, agonizing death. Okay, I will. Vivisection by microtome.
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Postby ChronicMisadventures on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:41 pm

And Iraqi state-run television is now confirming the hanging has occured, as has one of Saddam's lawyers.

...now see, my idea would've been to wait for New Year's Eve and do a Baghdad recreation of New York's 'ball drop'. Instead of a big glowing ball, they could drop the dictator on the gallows to mark the new year ;)
"They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave." --Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity
ChronicMisadventures
Regular Poster

Postby Kerry Skydancer on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:48 pm

And this is one of the nice things about being an unbeliever. I can feel good about a scumbag getting his just desserts without any twinges of guilt whatsoever. The downside is that I don't think he'll have an eternity in hell to ponder his errors.

Meryl Yourish is having a haiku-fest in honor of the occasion.

http://www.yourish.com/2006/12/29/2522#comments
Skydancer

Ignorance is not a point of view.
Kerry Skydancer
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wanderwolf on Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:34 pm

The man is dead; that is enough and more than enough. I pray that God may have mercy upon his soul.

A salute to the Powers That Be for maintaining in every way the appearance of a fair trial. Considering what he did in Iraq, some bias was inevitable, of course; still, in the end, justice was served. The man is dead.

Rest in peace, Saddam Hussein.

Yours truly,

The wolfish,

Wanderer
Wanderwolf
Regular Poster

Postby MikeVanPelt on Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:04 am

TMLutas wrote:Just a small note to temper the glee. If he doesn't repent before death, this is generally one you put in the loss column, not the win column. Saddam's execution is cutting our losses in anticipation of further negatives, not a genuine victory. It's as necessary as poop scooping and just about as joyous for me.

Amen and amen.

The temptation to glee is strong, to dance around singing "He's gone to where the goblins go, beloooooow..." But, I recognize it for what it is. A temptation to be resisted.
MikeVanPelt
Regular Poster

Postby Indorri on Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:12 pm

Cripes, it's like a litany of sickness and corruption, this thread.

Kerry Skydancer wrote:The downside is that I don't think he'll have an eternity in hell to ponder his errors.

Oh, please feel free. Hell was made for unbelievers, don't you know?
Indorri

Postby Manytales00 on Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:27 pm

While I agree with this.

I think that it is very sad that a lot of people are cheering at the death of a man that, as far as I can tell, still thought that he was doing what he thought was the right thing for his country, even as he died.

I forgive Saddam the sins he has committed against me and my country.
His body is now without life. It is time to move on.
Manytales00

Postby Sapphire on Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:41 pm

I'd like to humbly direct anyone who's interested to revver.com, which is hosting an amateur footage on someone's cameraphone, which shows the death unedited.

The video is graphic, but not in a gory or bloody sense. Disturbing may be a better word. Upsetting. Soul-chilling.

I would talk about making calm and levelheaded debate I was... convinced would be more celebratory, but it does me well on a deep, deep level, to know that even here, there is given more credence given to the serene prayer and mourning for the inevitable damnation of another soul, albeit a stained and tainted one.

The video is frightening, on a real level. The video is of a man dying. It is graphic, but, if you can stand it, I recommend it. It will reveal a lot about the entire world and, more importantly, about yourself.

Link, here, to Revver.com. Viewer discretion is advised.
I would have hoped to say something meaninful, or possible inciteful. But, alas.
How goes the world today? From right to left or left to right? Perhaps it runs round mad reels, turning in on itself only at long last to blow away with the leaves and gutter-trash.
How goes the world today? Top to Bottom or Bottom to Top? Perhaps it will rise high enough so that it may see the back of its own head, in a maddening tunnel of infinity.
How goes the world today? Clockwise or Counter? Perhaps it will spin itself mad, curling a spring-from into endlessness.
Or maybe, today, it will just stop.
Sapphire
Regular Poster

Postby BrockthePaine on Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:09 pm

Saw that video earlier on Google videos. From what I can see, the man looked genuinely afraid.

On one hand, I approve of his death: whosoever sheds man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed. On the other, I wish he had not made the choices that would have set him dancing on a gibbet; and his apparent lack of remorse deeply saddens me. I think the world will be better because of it; Iraq has reminded the world that there is always a price for tyranny. Kim Jong-Il and Amadinejad should benefit from Saddam's example.
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Earl McClaw on Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:38 pm

Wanderwolf wrote:The man is dead; that is enough and more than enough. I pray that God may have mercy upon his soul.

Does anyone here actually think he'd qualify as even a "good Muslim"? I'll bet he broke plenty of their rules without repentance.

If he reaches an afterlife, may he discover himself alone in the company of 72 virgins - all of them male, dominant-gay, and diseased, without a drop of lube available anywhere. :twisted:
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Postby RHJunior on Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:04 am

Wanderwolf wrote:The man is dead; that is enough and more than enough. I pray that God may have mercy upon his soul.

A salute to the Powers That Be for maintaining in every way the appearance of a fair trial. Considering what he did in Iraq, some bias was inevitable, of course; still, in the end, justice was served. The man is dead.

Rest in peace, Saddam Hussein.

Yours truly,

The wolfish,

Wanderer

"BIAS?"

No, Wanderer, that was known as "guilty as ten hells, and everyone but a blind deaf mute knew it."

That was an UNfair trial, in that it wasted months of time as well as tremendous amounts of money, and exposed the innocent and law abiding to retaliation by Saddam's skulking cronies.... so that everyone involved could play Courtroom, so as not to offend the sensibilities of a bunch of worthless, corrupt, criminal air-wasters known as <I>THE UNITED NATIONS.</i> We all had to go through the FARCE of pretending a shameless mass murderer, rapist, and despot was possibly innocent of the hideous crimes he committed in full view of the world. The only BIAS present was the pretentious notion that a courtroom and a lawyer held greater authority than ironclad reality, and that Saddam Hussein had a right to anything more than a shotgun barrel in his mouth and a quick burial in a hog wallow.

"Bias." Sweet God Almighty save us.
"What was that popping noise ?"
"A paradigm shifting without a clutch."
--Dilbert
RHJunior
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rangers on Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:00 am

I've read the NY Times account of the execution. His last words were a curse on the Americans and the Persians. Damn poor way to enter into eternity, with curses hanging on your lips. I'm not qualified to decide where he goes from here, but if he shows the same attitude before the Righteous Judge that he showed before the temporal one, well, I don't know......
Join the adventure at http://rangers.keenspace.com
Licensed Online Comic Macquettes - get 'em at http://www.ntoonz.com
Rangers
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Nip and Tuck