Squawk 12/14

Squawk 12/14

Postby Canis_lupus on Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:34 pm

Ill be the first to say

"I hate turtlenecks. Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy. All day. Like, if you wear a turtleneck and a backpack, it's like a weak midget trying to bring you down."

-Mitch Hedberg
Canis_lupus
Regular Poster

Location: Off some Turnpike in Jersey. check next to the landfill.

Postby Jaydub on Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:44 pm

He was going to say Oh Cranberry, Right? :D
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams
Jaydub
Regular Poster

Postby The JAM on Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:40 pm

Mega ouch
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:47 pm

Dang...well, I guess he was not looking. Is that a real fox, lupis?
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby SolidusRaccoon on Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:23 am

The quarterback is toast
Theo
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero

Postby Canis_lupus on Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:28 pm

Madmoonie wrote:Dang...well, I guess he was not looking. Is that a real fox, lupis?

I believe so.
"I hate turtlenecks. Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy. All day. Like, if you wear a turtleneck and a backpack, it's like a weak midget trying to bring you down."

-Mitch Hedberg
Canis_lupus
Regular Poster

Location: Off some Turnpike in Jersey. check next to the landfill.

Postby MikeVanPelt on Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:54 pm

That's the second raccoon to get mortally vaporized in this movie... Are raccoons the "redshirts" of "Rebel Cry"?
MikeVanPelt
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:03 pm

Vaporized? More like....crushed? Obliterated? Smeared off the face off the face of oblivion?
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Daniel Meyer on Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:20 pm

Nah, he'll show up at home later saying, "Hey honey! Lookeee what I found! Free RamScoop!"
CUAgain,
Daniel Meyer
Author: The Life Is a Road series of motorcycle adventure books
Daniel Meyer
Regular Poster

Postby Nikas_Zekeval on Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm

Madmoonie wrote:Vaporized? More like....crushed? Obliterated? Smeared off the face off the face of oblivion?

I believe the appropiate radio call from the RC is 'Fox Four, Fox Four'.

(US military usage Fox(fire) One is guns, two is a Sidewinder, Three is a long range missile, like Sparrow, AMRAAM, or Pheonix. Fox Four is a bit of black humor for a midair collision, you 'shot' the enemy by raming him)
"Come on Sam, it can't be as hard as blowing up a star."
"I tell you, blow up one star and suddenly everyone thinks you can walk on water."
*Beepboop* [connection established]
"Okay. Up next, parting the Red Sea."
Gen. Jacob Carter and Lt. Col. Samatha Carter, Stargate SG-1, "Reckoning"
Nikas_Zekeval
Regular Poster

Postby StrangeWulf13 on Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:00 pm

Sheesh, my guy gets vaporized and nobody gives him any respect! :roll: Now I know how Rodney Dangerfield feels...
I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait. Thanks.
StrangeWulf13
Cartoon Hero

Postby BoKiana on Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:09 pm

StrangeWulf13 wrote:Sheesh, my guy gets vaporized and nobody gives him any respect! :roll: Now I know how Rodney Dangerfield feels...

At least your guy was in the movie! I'm still kicking myself over not being quick enough to put in for a cameo! :cry:
Allow me to introduce myself--Corporal "Bo" Kiana, Ex-Army, "Warmongering Psychopath Tool!"
BoKiana
Regular Poster

Postby StrangeWulf13 on Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:26 pm

Awwww... *pats* Don't worry. We'll getcha in next time! :D Then we can both ride the express train to heck!
I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait. Thanks.
StrangeWulf13
Cartoon Hero

Postby Squeaky Bunny on Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:30 am

BoKiana wrote:
StrangeWulf13 wrote:Sheesh, my guy gets vaporized and nobody gives him any respect! :roll: Now I know how Rodney Dangerfield feels...

At least your guy was in the movie! I'm still kicking myself over not being quick enough to put in for a cameo! :cry:

About the only way I'd fit in is as a "Jar Jar" type of character and I don't want to go there. I'm silly, not masochistic.

Odd thought: Why are Java extentions named 'jar'? Wouldn't 'mug' be more appropriate?
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence. :shucks:
Squeaky Bunny
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wanderwolf on Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:51 am

Squeaky Bunny wrote:Odd thought: Why are Java extentions named 'jar'? Wouldn't 'mug' be more appropriate?

Java ARchive
Wanderwolf
Regular Poster

Postby Squeaky Bunny on Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:40 am

Wanderwolf wrote:
Squeaky Bunny wrote:Odd thought: Why are Java extentions named 'jar'? Wouldn't 'mug' be more appropriate?

Java ARchive

I knew that. You missed my attempt at caffinated humor. Ah well, it's a job with no perks.
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence. :shucks:
Squeaky Bunny
Cartoon Hero

Postby Calbeck on Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:30 am

StrangeWulf13 wrote:Awwww... *pats* Don't worry. We'll getcha in next time! :D Then we can both ride the express train to heck!

Ya know, I'm not even sure if my guy bought it or not...-:>

As for me, I've long referred to refilling my coffee (whatever...often a 64-oz bucket) as "refreshing the java applet"...
Calbeck
Regular Poster

Postby TMLutas on Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:03 pm

Squeaky Bunny wrote:
Wanderwolf wrote:

Java ARchive

I knew that. You missed my attempt at caffinated humor. Ah well, it's a job with no perks.

Oh, don't be a drip. You might find something more pressing to do instead. Ah well, enough roasting. Or is it fair trade?
TMLutas
Regular Poster

Postby Wanderwolf on Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:21 am

TMLutas wrote:
Squeaky Bunny wrote:
Wanderwolf wrote:

Java ARchive

Oh, don't be a drip. You might find something more pressing to do instead. Ah well, enough roasting. Or is it fair trade?

I'm sure most of the conservatives around here would prefer to see the French roasted. <rimshot>

Nah, I got the joke. I just prefer the "grind" of answering questions when it's this early in the morning.

Yours truly,

The drowsy,

Wanderer
Wanderwolf
Regular Poster

Postby Hallan on Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:15 am

Nikas_Zekeval wrote:I believe the appropiate radio call from the RC is 'Fox Four, Fox Four'.

(US military usage Fox(fire) One is guns, two is a Sidewinder, Three is a long range missile, like Sparrow, AMRAAM, or Pheonix. Fox Four is a bit of black humor for a midair collision, you 'shot' the enemy by raming him)

Interesting... I never knew that. After hearing the phrase in the movie Independence Day, I thought it meant 'fire missile from mount #2'. This makes considerably more sense. Thanks. :)

I'm -definitely- going to have to remember the 'Fox Four' comment...

Hallan
Hallan
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Nip and Tuck