Ion Storm

Postby Nikas_Zekeval on Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:33 pm

The escape is all well and good, but with the ion collector doors ripped off, and likely parts of the magnetic scoop system with them, how does the Cry refuel? Sounds like he will have to pull into somewhere for repairs or at least to gas up. And it's likely to be soon, seeing how his tanks were mostly dry before this, and that kind of thrust has to have burned up reaction mass at a high rate.

BTW, what were the Feds thinking when they neutered their prize ships like this? What was the guy they had babysitting them supposed to do if his tin can got 'lost'? Sit there and pray the radio hadn't been stripped of cuircits so he could scream for rescue? :roll:
"Come on Sam, it can't be as hard as blowing up a star."
"I tell you, blow up one star and suddenly everyone thinks you can walk on water."
*Beepboop* [connection established]
"Okay. Up next, parting the Red Sea."
Gen. Jacob Carter and Lt. Col. Samatha Carter, Stargate SG-1, "Reckoning"
Nikas_Zekeval
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:56 pm

Postby Wanderwolf on Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:31 pm

Nikas_Zekeval wrote:The escape is all well and good, but with the ion collector doors ripped off, and likely parts of the magnetic scoop system with them, how does the Cry refuel? Sounds like he will have to pull into somewhere for repairs or at least to gas up. And it's likely to be soon, seeing how his tanks were mostly dry before this, and that kind of thrust has to have burned up reaction mass at a high rate.

BTW, what were the Feds thinking when they neutered their prize ships like this? What was the guy they had babysitting them supposed to do if his tin can got 'lost'? Sit there and pray the radio hadn't been stripped of cuircits so he could scream for rescue? :roll:


Well, remember the 'Cry was slaved to the flagship's navcomp. Since they'd be going point-to-point along the trade routes for the "victory tour", any wandering birds would be pretty easy to find.

And of course they neutered them. It's just like taxidermy; first you rip out everything you don't need to show off, then you preserve the rest.

Yours truly,

The wolfish,

Wanderer
User avatar
Wanderwolf
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:18 pm
Location: Forney, TX, U.S.A.

Postby Nikas_Zekeval on Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:20 pm

Still what if the 'accident' that was the original escape plan happened for real, a hauler got lost on a hyper jump? That's likely alot of space to go back and search.
"Come on Sam, it can't be as hard as blowing up a star."
"I tell you, blow up one star and suddenly everyone thinks you can walk on water."
*Beepboop* [connection established]
"Okay. Up next, parting the Red Sea."
Gen. Jacob Carter and Lt. Col. Samatha Carter, Stargate SG-1, "Reckoning"
Nikas_Zekeval
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:56 pm

Postby Earl McClaw on Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:09 pm

Nikas_Zekeval wrote:Still what if the 'accident' that was the original escape plan happened for real, a hauler got lost on a hyper jump? That's likely alot of space to go back and search.

Which is another reason to "neuter" the captured ships. If one were found by someone, the couldn't be used in combat.
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
User avatar
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:15 am

Postby Nikas_Zekeval on Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:51 pm

Earl McClaw wrote:
Nikas_Zekeval wrote:Still what if the 'accident' that was the original escape plan happened for real, a hauler got lost on a hyper jump? That's likely alot of space to go back and search.

Which is another reason to "neuter" the captured ships. If one were found by someone, the couldn't be used in combat.


All well and good for the Federation, but it makes for a very bad day if you are the guy babysitting a lost hauler. If they can't find you in time, or write you off as too much trouble then that easy babysitting job just became a high tech coffin.
"Come on Sam, it can't be as hard as blowing up a star."
"I tell you, blow up one star and suddenly everyone thinks you can walk on water."
*Beepboop* [connection established]
"Okay. Up next, parting the Red Sea."
Gen. Jacob Carter and Lt. Col. Samatha Carter, Stargate SG-1, "Reckoning"
Nikas_Zekeval
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:56 pm

Postby Earl McClaw on Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:18 pm

Nikas_Zekeval wrote:
Earl McClaw wrote:
Nikas_Zekeval wrote:Still what if the 'accident' that was the original escape plan happened for real, a hauler got lost on a hyper jump? That's likely alot of space to go back and search.
Which is another reason to "neuter" the captured ships. If one were found by someone, the couldn't be used in combat.
All well and good for the Federation, but it makes for a very bad day if you are the guy babysitting a lost hauler. If they can't find you in time, or write you off as too much trouble then that easy babysitting job just became a high tech coffin.
And this would worry the Federation why? They've amply proven their level of concern for the individual, and since these pilots are military, they're "even more expendable". :ick:

Besides, they'd probably say that if the pilot had done his job right, he wouldn't have been lost. (Yeah, when things don't go the way management wants, blame the staff who were doing what they were told.) :roll:
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
User avatar
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:15 am

Previous

 

Return to Nip and Tuck



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron