Bad Vibrations 12/4

Canis_lupus
Regular Poster
Location: Off some Turnpike in Jersey. check next to the landfill.

Bad Vibrations 12/4

Post by Canis_lupus »

The scoops did end up falling off.
"I hate turtlenecks. Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy. All day. Like, if you wear a turtleneck and a backpack, it's like a weak midget trying to bring you down."

-Mitch Hedberg

NydaLynn
Regular Poster

Post by NydaLynn »

Ooooh!!! Aaaaaahh!!!! :o Did they just 'go to warp' right through the ship? Yikes... he's definantly going to need a new paintjob, for several reasons!
"Que Sera Sera..."
<a href="http://nydalynn.deviantart.com"> Deviant Art stuff</a>

The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Post by The JAM »

Let me guess, the ship got sent to the opposite side of the galaxy, and they have to find an uncharted hospitable planet to live in? :D

Canis_lupus
Regular Poster

Post by Canis_lupus »

I kinda got confused at what happened.
"I hate turtlenecks. Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy. All day. Like, if you wear a turtleneck and a backpack, it's like a weak midget trying to bring you down."

-Mitch Hedberg

Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Post by Madmoonie »

Have to agree with above......ummm.....just what excatly happened?

Besides looking really cool?
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!

Canis_lupus
Regular Poster

Post by Canis_lupus »

I put my specifit questions in the form of a Picture.
behold my super 1337 MSpaint skillz

-Mitch Hedberg

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Post by BrockthePaine »

If I might be of assistance in the issue:

The Ion Scoops create a magnetic field, which collects particles from space for fuel. When the kid accelerated, it started sweeping up more particles than the scoops could bring in at once; the ship collected a "tidal wave" of charged ions in front of it (an artificial ion storm) and then punched through it (final panel, the eddies) right as it passed The Battleship. Ion Storm + Battleship = Zap. Ion Storm + Rebel Cry = Pieces falling off
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee

LoneWolf23k
Regular Poster

Post by LoneWolf23k »

Of course, what would otherwise be a stupid accident is going to be passed off a brilliant escape strategy...

And thus Captain James Walker and the Rebel Cry shall pass into legend...

Kerry Skydancer
Cartoon Hero

Post by Kerry Skydancer »

Especially if the ion storm scrambles the circuits of the Super Big-Bad-Battleship (tm). He's going to be in serious trouble if those were the ion scoops falling off, though. I doubt he has enough fuel on board already to last long.

I wonder if you can scoop ions in hyperspace...?
Skydancer

Ignorance is not a point of view.

Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Post by Earl McClaw »

If they weren't the ion scoops, then they were covers. (They might be just the external hatches that had been opened to allow the collected ions inside. It would have been easy for the violent forces to rip those off.)

Canis, I'd say the "lightning" was an electrical discharge due to unequal charges in the collected particle mass.

Sorry, no warp. But that battleship is going to have a hard time tracking him for a while.
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)

Jaydub
Regular Poster

Post by Jaydub »

Hey, they were in an impossible position and they got out of that position by one who did not know it was impossible so he went out and did it. Or in other words they were flat out lucky..... :)
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams

Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Post by Deckard Canine »

The JAM wrote:Let me guess, the ship got sent to the opposite side of the galaxy, and they have to find an uncharted hospitable planet to live in? :D
They'll stop in a restaurant first. (Actually, I'm not sure what you're referencing.)

Hm, I hope that the audience trio here doesn't mean to imitate "Beavis and Butt-Head." They're rather young to have watched it back when it was still popular.

The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Post by The JAM »

That was a semi-reference to Star Trek Voyager, with the exception that they really wouldn't want to go back to their home systems.

Dragon Furry

Post by Dragon Furry »

Loved that show :D
Dragon Furry's little place at Deviantart..
Live GamerTag: Glider Dragoon.

Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Post by Earl McClaw »

The JAM wrote:That was a semi-reference to Star Trek Voyager, with the exception that they really wouldn't want to go back to their home systems.
Or maybe Lost in Space?

Anyone giving odds on the battleship crew (or just Fleet HQ) deciding this was some "brilliant tactial maneuver" and/or they'd been led into a trap?
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)

Calbeck
Regular Poster

Post by Calbeck »

Jaydub wrote:Hey, they were in an impossible position and they got out of that position by one who did not know it was impossible so he went out and did it. Or in other words they were flat out lucky..... :)
There is nothing so dangerous to the seasoned combat veteran than a complete neophyte who has no idea what he "can't" do.

Celidah the Bardess
Regular Poster

Post by Celidah the Bardess »

Dragon Furry wrote:Loved that show :D
Yes! Another non-Voyager hater! *bear hug* I've been searching so long...

Squeaky Bunny
Cartoon Hero

Post by Squeaky Bunny »

Celidah the Bardess wrote:
Dragon Furry wrote:Loved that show :D
Yes! Another non-Voyager hater! *bear hug* I've been searching so long...
That makes three of us! Thank goodness that Genevieve Bujold wimped out. I doubt that she would have handled the character very well.
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence. :shucks:

Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Post by Deckard Canine »

Celidah the Bardess wrote:Yes! Another non-Voyager hater!
Perhaps "Voyager non-hater" would be more apt. I myself somehow found the show more watchable than TOS. I must be weird.

Celidah the Bardess
Regular Poster

Post by Celidah the Bardess »

Deckard Canine wrote:
Celidah the Bardess wrote:Yes! Another non-Voyager hater!
Perhaps "Voyager non-hater" would be more apt. I myself somehow found the show more watchable than TOS. I must be weird.
Call me a heretic, but I started watching an episode of the TOS, and I had to stop, because I was afraid I would die of an OD on cheesiness.

Well, that and my Mom wanted to watch the news. :roll:

Anyway, the point is, I walked away absolutely, certainly knowing why Star Trek was cancelled the first time around, and wondering how it ever got revived at all.