12/1 What the - Duct tape

Canis_lupus
Regular Poster
Location: Off some Turnpike in Jersey. check next to the landfill.

12/1 What the - Duct tape

Post by Canis_lupus »

discuss
"I hate turtlenecks. Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy. All day. Like, if you wear a turtleneck and a backpack, it's like a weak midget trying to bring you down."

-Mitch Hedberg

StrangeWulf13
Cartoon Hero

Post by StrangeWulf13 »

Well, it is like the Force... it has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the universe together. :roll:
I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait. Thanks.

Wayfarer
Regular Poster

Post by Wayfarer »

Unfortunately, though, it would also tend to bind to fur...

Which I think might've been my first thought when I saw that.

My second being, "When he does get out, that child is so dead..."
“The mirror may tell us what we are; memory may tell us what we were; but only the imagination can tell us what we might be.” – Donald Keesey

“You go whistling in the dark/ Making light of it/ Making light of it/ And I follow with my heart/ Laughing all the way// Oh 'cause you move me/ You get me dancing and you make me sing/ You move me/ Now I'm taking delight/ In every little thing/ How you move me”
~ "You Move Me"
Pierce Pettis, Gordon Kennedy

Canis_lupus
Regular Poster

Post by Canis_lupus »

Duct tape and hair= bad memories. Not as bad as makeshift flamethrower vs. hair, but still.
Last edited by Canis_lupus on Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I hate turtlenecks. Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy. All day. Like, if you wear a turtleneck and a backpack, it's like a weak midget trying to bring you down."

-Mitch Hedberg

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Post by BrockthePaine »

Canis_lupus wrote:Duct tape and hair= bad memories. Not as bad as makeshift flamethrower vs. hair but still.
Owie.
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee

Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Post by Madmoonie »

Wayfarer wrote:My second being, "When he does get out, that child is so dead..."
No, no, no......two words: "Hair trimmer."

So basically, the kid is going to llight the ion trail scoops on fire or whatever?
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!

Canis_lupus
Regular Poster

Post by Canis_lupus »

Madmoonie wrote: So basically, the kid is going to llight the ion trail scoops on fire or whatever?
I think that they are going to get ripped off from the speed since they are not very areodynamic.

-Mitch Hedberg

MikeVanPelt
Regular Poster

Post by MikeVanPelt »

Ewww... duct tape in fur.... ewwwww....

I'm wondering just what happens when you hit the gas with the ion scoops still open. It looked like huge flaming exhaust out the back. I wonder if it's enough to seriously inconvenience that pursuing ship?

Speculation: Pursuing ship is terminally inconvenienced. "Congratulations, kid, you've just fragged your first Alliance ship. You don't have any options now. If we get caught, it's to the death chamber for both of us. Welcome to the rebellion."

RHJunior
Cartoon Hero

Post by RHJunior »

"aerodynamic."

Deep space. Vacuum.
And it's not readily obvious but they're facing TOWARDS the battleship....
"What was that popping noise ?"
"A paradigm shifting without a clutch."
--Dilbert

Jwrebholz
Regular Poster

Post by Jwrebholz »

...this cannot POSSIBLY be good.
^ the above was me sounding like I know WTF I'm talking about.

Narnian
Regular Poster

Post by Narnian »

Maybe this is a serendipity moment - they will accidently discover something that will help the rebels?
Pax,
Richard
-------------
"We are all fallen creatures and all very hard to live with", C. S. Lewis

Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Post by Deckard Canine »

I'm wondering if they used real duct tape on the set. Sure, Nip gets himself hurt a lot, but getting caught in explosions has its fun side. Peeling duct tape off your furry body is no fun at all.

But some real movies put the actors thru a lot of agony. One of the humans playing apes in the original Planet of the Apes started crying after 22 straight hours in makeup.

Atarlost
Regular Poster

Post by Atarlost »

Johns Law: Any interesting spaceship propulsion system is a weapon of mass destruction. The only difference is how long you have to wait for maximum effect. See Kzinti Lesson

Dare I hope the people running the pursuit don't know what they're doing and have just gotten themselves a thermonuclear sunburn?
If power flows from the barrel of a gun true democracy consists of every citizen having a gun.

Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Post by Madmoonie »

Is this the same ship that was pursuing them earlier?
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!

Canis_lupus
Regular Poster

Post by Canis_lupus »

RHJunior wrote:"aerodynamic."

Deep space. Vacuum.
And it's not readily obvious but they're facing TOWARDS the battleship....
Good point (had a brain fart when i posted that), But since when have the laws of physics come into play in B-movies?

-Mitch Hedberg

Dragon Furry

Post by Dragon Furry »

Canis_lupus wrote: Good point (had a brain fart when i posted that), But since when have the laws of physics come into play in B-movies?
Laws of physics in a B-movie? Lets see, last time that happen it was in.... well never :roll:
Dragon Furry's little place at Deviantart..
Live GamerTag: Glider Dragoon.

NydaLynn
Regular Poster

Post by NydaLynn »

Madmoonie wrote:Is this the same ship that was pursuing them earlier?
I'd doubt that. If it was the same ship I would think they would be alot nastier in on the radio.
"Que Sera Sera..."
<a href="http://nydalynn.deviantart.com"> Deviant Art stuff</a>

Nikas_Zekeval
Regular Poster

Post by Nikas_Zekeval »

Okay, this is crazy. But is it Khron 'The Backstabber' crazy, or is it crazy like Bretai admiring the ruthlessness of the Micronians (Humans) for doing a space fold so close to a planet (ie looks impressively reckless, but the crew was clueless to the risk)?

I see a few possiblities for what might happen.

1. The running foward with open Ion scoops sets you up as a Bussard Ramjet, the foward motion compressing the H2, shooting out the back for even higher thrust.

2. Something breaks, badly, trying to do possibility one. Possibably breaks in the way that leaves your ship in a million pieces. Nip may be thinking this is gonna happen. This would end the movie abruptly.

3. Emergency waste gates open to dump excess H2 behind the Rebel's Cry. Union ship get treated to the Flame Thrower Fart of Doom when the H2 hits the hot exhaust. :lol:

3. Their are no waste gates but the H2 collection doesn't have enough pressure to break the collection equipment. The H2 'backs up' into the scoops. If ignited we have the Kzinti lesson. If it just sits there, until say a hot laser fired at the Cry sets it off. 8-) Then the Union ship has a 'situation'...
/Clint Eastwood
This here is a hauler running at you at max thrust with open Ion scoops. That means I'm sitting on a cloud of H2 of XXX kilotons explosive yeild in close proximity to your ship. That's powerful enough to crack you ship clean in two You want to shoot me, but you gotta ask one question. Do ya feel lucky, punk? Well, do ya?
/end Clint Eastwood
Last edited by Nikas_Zekeval on Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Come on Sam, it can't be as hard as blowing up a star."
"I tell you, blow up one star and suddenly everyone thinks you can walk on water."
*Beepboop* [connection established]
"Okay. Up next, parting the Red Sea."
Gen. Jacob Carter and Lt. Col. Samatha Carter, Stargate SG-1, "Reckoning"

Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Post by Earl McClaw »

Ion scoops. As in "massive magnetic field funnels".

I have to wonder what swiping a magnetic field powerful enough to be that big across the sensitive detectors and electronics of the cruiser will do. (Oh, shielding. Right. Resistant to natural concentrations of energy.) Then there's the hull, which might even be made of ferrous metals (the kind that get electric currents inducted into them when interacting with a magnetic field), or have such in it's support structure. :twisted:

The only question I have is why didn't anybody think of doing this during the war? :roll:
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)

Kerry Skydancer
Cartoon Hero

Post by Kerry Skydancer »

Probably because it'd blow the ion scoops as well as the ship you sweep 'em across. Not good if you need them for refueling. But a good desperation move, perhaps.
Skydancer

Ignorance is not a point of view.