THE RP THREAD!!! *sparkle sparkle*

Postby The JAM on Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:37 am

He was rather stunned at the....friendliness of the refugee, but considered that to be a minor quirk of her, considering where she came from.
"Just be sure not to run off again. As you can see by all the stuff Mr. McClaw had to bring, you're not 100% safe just yet. Even your natural defenses won't be much advantage against your former captors."
The jaguar, and moments later, the fox twins, took their share of the equipment. One fox eyed with trepidation at his brother, as his eyes positively GLEAMED with delight at the device he was holding.
"God help us all..." murmured Tuck.
The jaguar chuckled a bit as he prepared another disk for his camcorder.
"So," N'marra asked him. "Once this is all over, where are you headed?
The jaguar looked at her for a moment, checked this bearings, and pointed at the east.
"That way."
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:29 am

“Really Xenda! I don't want to have to worry about you getting hurt!”

“Well, I'm not going to let you risk your life by yourself!”

The situation was about what could have been expected. The W'ykkryn arrived at the scene to find the Wolfstar peppering several overlapping shields that covered the encampment while evading heavy fire from anti aircraft turrets. With the shields interfering with the transporter and not wanting to use the main guns of his ship for fear of harming the captives, they were forced to the next best thing. Ground search and destroy.

Ben had just been beamed down out side the encampment with the mission to disable the shields and turrets. The only complication was, the instant he was beamed, Xenda grabbed him from behind beaming down with him. He was now trying to get her to let go of him so S'aaruuk could beam her somewhere safe.

“But-”

“Oh, you know you want me to come with you too!” her voice adopts a playful tone.

“This isn't a game.”

“Teamwork in or out of games still raises our chances of success.”

“Bu-eh, fine. But if you're coming with, you're wearing this,” he takes off the shield harness and puts it on her.

“But Ben, Don't you need it?”

“I'll be fine. I can take a hit and still be ok.”

“You almost bled to death last time!!”

“That's why I'm going to be careful and NOT run in guns blazing.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So far their strategy was working great. Xenda would fire low on their target's body so the shield would focus there leaving the head vulnerable for a spit second. That was all the time Ben needed to take their target down the rest of the way. Xenda was still pretty shaky, but she seemed to be handling the action much better this time. They were now within range of one of the shield generators. They had already taken care of the guards and two turrets, but the generator was still functioning properly after Ben emptied a clip into it with his rifle.

“Yeesh that thing has heavy armor!”

“What are you going to do then?”

“Get in close and shut it down manually.”

“Bu- just be careful tiger.”

He gives her a quick hug, “I will.”

Getting up, he draws his sword and starts moving in using as much cover as he could find. He hated stealth parts of missions in video game. He never had the patience for them. At least now he didn't have to worry about enemies as much since the ones they saw were now on the ground dead.

Just as he reaches the generator, a Viledarian jumps out from behind it fires at him. Ben quickly sidesteps feeling the heat as the blast passes withing a foot of him. Now it was his turn to strike. A quick blow on one side focuses the shield letting him bring the blade around to the other side separating the upper and lower torso.

“@$@#%*& Panthyrian!!” it snarls as it's life ebbs away.

The control panel was pretty easy to find, so sheathing his sword, he takes a look at it. One of the readings did not look good.

“Cooling system breach! Core overheating! Catastrophic system failure in-”

The world suddenly went black.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Xenda watches in horror as the generator explodes sending plasma and shrapnel everywhere as well as launching her boyfriend backwards several feet. Without any delay, she takes off towards him as fast as her legs would allow praying he was alright.

“I should have made him take the shield! No, I shouldn't have let him go in the first place! Ohhh!”

Reaching his prone form, she practically has a panic attack. Several large cuts cover him as well as a piece of shrapnel was still embedded in his arm. A quick check shows he's still alive, just uncontentious.

Now what to do? She couldn't carry him. Noticing he still has the bone-phone, she puts it on and starts talking hysterically.

“Someonepleaseanswer! Ineedhelp Ben'sinjuredanduncontentious!”
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby Spacewolfomega on Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:17 pm

Xenda's frantic cries came over the communications. Omega was quick to respond.

"Xenda? This is Omega. If you can signal us, we're going to head your way and pick you up!"

The Wolfstar managed to find her, frantically waving as she held Ben's injured form close to her. The battle was a scene of complete chaos and Omega struggled to spot Ben and Xenda among the fighting.

"Mac," Omega said. "We've got to be quick about this. We'll be sleeping ducks while we're doing this."

"You got it, Skip," Mac said, his voice much calmer than he actually felt. he handled the controls smoothly, though, bringing the Wolfstar down not far from where Ben and Xenda were.

Immediately a hatchway opened up in the side of the ship and Sebastis flew out, meeting the Viledarian resistance head on... swinging her staff and knocking them aside. Hope ran out and helped Xenda support Ben and get him inside the craft. Blaster fire streaked toward them.

"Aldar!" Omega shouted. "We've got to give them some covering fire!"

Aldar was already on it. The forward cannons on the Wolfstar began firing, scattering Viledarians and forcing them to seek cover. Still, some kept firing from behind various obstacles.

Thankfully no one was injured as they all returned aboard the Wolfstar. Everyone made it safely aboard. The Viledarians were simply firing wildly.

"Everyone okay?" Omega called back.

"We're all here, my love," Sebastis replied. "But we need to get Ben medical help!"

"Alright, we're on our way!"
Last edited by Spacewolfomega on Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:35 am

Deleted post...."This page left blank on purpose." :wink:
Last edited by Sharuuk on Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Spacewolfomega on Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:16 am

Mac began bringing the Wolfstar around, using the navigation computer to locate the coordinates for the hospital.

"This is Omega," Omega said over open communications. "Ben is injured and we are attempting to fly him to the hospital. Is anyone else available to assist at the prisoner camp here? Sebastis can fly Ben to the hospital if the Wolfstar is still needed here."

He could hear Xenda panicking over the ship's internal communications system.

"Sebastis, Hope..." he said. "Try and keep Xenda calm. Everything's going to be okay."

Omega waited anxiously for a reply.
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby Fusion on Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:44 pm

Sometime contentiousness flows into you with the speed of a 14 kbs dial up modem, other times it just Smacks you upside the head while it drives by. This was one of the latter times for Ben. Suddenly awake, he finds himself being carried by Seba through what looks like a storage area. Xenda was obviously very close by as her panicked voice was just about drowning out Hope's attempts to calm her.

“Um, Seba? You mind putting me down? I can walk just fine.”

“You sure that's a good idea?” she responds looking a little surprised. “You may want to rest-yikes!”

Xenda hearing Ben awake tries to pounce hug him from behind Seba just about sending her off balance.

“Well at least let me put him down first!”

As soon as Ben is standing, she quickly hits him with another hug that soon turns into a passionate kiss.

“Awwwww!” Hope and Seba chorus and start laughing as Ben turns red.

Xenda gives a giggle, “Come on! Rest for a bit. We'll get you patched up.”

“Well, that depends. Is the fight over?”

“I don't know, but you're injured!”

“It's just a few cuts.”

“And I suppose THAT is just a scratch as well,” she comments pointing to the shrapnel embedded in his arm.

Ben blinks in surprise. It just hurt as much as the rest of his cuts. He begins to pull it out, wincing as he encounters new pain. The wound begins to bleed again as the shrapnel is removed.

“There we go, a little bet- Xenda?” he quickly has to catch the white mink as she begins to fall over in a faint.
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby BrockthePaine on Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:00 pm

Gil stared down the road and listened to Omega's transmission. He saw the Wolfstar flitting over the trees as it took off, leaving behind dark smoke from where it's weapons had hit something important.

"Two to the hospital already," Gil muttered, stepping out of the car and positioning himself behind a log, carrying the FAL. "It'll be a miracle if we all survive."

At that moment, Fergie and Major Roy arrived. Gil glanced between the smoke and the other two. "I'm not entirely sure what's going on up there," he said. "I know Ben's wounded, but I don't know if we've got ground forces in there or not."
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sharuuk on Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:22 pm

Deleted post...
Last edited by Sharuuk on Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Calbeck on Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:45 pm

BrockthePaine wrote:At that moment, Fergie and Major Roy arrived. Gil glanced between the smoke and the other two. "I'm not entirely sure what's going on up there," he said. "I know Ben's wounded, but I don't know if we've got ground forces in there or not."

Roy growled around his cigar. "If we got wounded in there, then that's where we're goin'. They got energy weapons, right?"
Calbeck
Regular Poster

Postby Spacewolfomega on Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:48 am

"Omega!" Aldar suddenly shouted out. "We've got a small Viledarian ship trying to leave the area! Just now took off! Scanners indicate multiple lifeforms in the cargo area!"

Omega tapped a few buttons on his command console and brought up a sensor display. The ship taking off meant a few things. For one, it meant that some Viledarians were attempting to make an escape. Two, it meant that they might have some of the more "important" prisoners with them... those perhaps that were in the more vital stages of whatever gruesome experiment the Viledarians had been conducting. Three, it meant that there were probably other Viledarians out there somewhere that the small ship was attempting to rendezvous with.

But Ben needed medical treatment fast... or the damage he had sustained might be permanent... or terminal.

But the prisoners aboard the escaping ship needed help... or they might be damaged permanently... even terminally.

Omega fingered the button to activate the Wolfstar's internal communcations system. "Sebastis... how's Ben doing?"

"He should be okay," Sebastis replied.

"Can you fly him to the hospital?"

There was a moment's hesitation, then... "If you need me to, my love... what's going on?"

"There's a Viledarian ship trying to leave the area... I've got to stop it." Images of Aldar tied to booby-traps filled Omega's mind... Emma being pulled from the cargo hold... It wasn't going to happen to anyone else again.

"I'm okay," Ben protested. "Just go after that ship!"

"But we need to..." Xenda began.

"I'll be fine. The explosion just knocked the wind out of me. Just help me get this shrapnel out of me and I'll be fine..."

Hope looked at Sebastis. "I'll get the medical kit."

"Alright," Omega answered. "Hang tight back there... we're stopping that ship!"
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby BrockthePaine on Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:30 pm

Calbeck wrote:
BrockthePaine wrote:At that moment, Fergie and Major Roy arrived. Gil glanced between the smoke and the other two. "I'm not entirely sure what's going on up there," he said. "I know Ben's wounded, but I don't know if we've got ground forces in there or not."

Roy growled around his cigar. "If we got wounded in there, then that's where we're goin'. They got energy weapons, right?"

Gil shrugged. "Last I knew, Ben was on the Wolfstar - Omega said they were flying him to the hospital. I don't know what the camp looks like, how many we're facing..."

Fergie got the second FAL rifle out of Gil's trunk. "If you're going in, Roy, I think we'd best go in together."
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Calbeck on Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:02 am

Roy nodded. "I'll take point."

He took one step towards the woods, stopped, turned back, and growled, "Don't say it." With that, he crossed the woodline with an easy lope, circling around to the left towards the scene of the action and keeping to low ground to mask the group's approach.
Calbeck
Regular Poster

Postby Wayfarer on Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:44 pm

Wayfarer wrote:...she walked over to Syr. “I’m sorry he had to leave,” she said quietly. Then she leaned over and gave the fox a small, slightly awkward hug.

Syr accepted Lauril's offered hug and returned it, sobbing into the chipmunk's shoulder. "I'm sorry, I should be stronger than this."

“Awww, no, no. Why should you? No, it’s okay,” Lauril replied as she sat down on the edge of the bed, her arms still around the crying fox. She wished she could think of something more to say, but… she had nothing. And even if she could think of something, it would probably sound silly.

“I, I brought them here. If it weren't for me, they would have probably n-never found this place.” shudderd Syr. “But then I would have never met Red or the Pastor. And poor Ema would have probably...” she drew a long unsteady breath. “It is just so confusing...”

As Syr trailed off, Lauril sat back, trying to figure out how to respond. Questions swarmed her mind. What about meeting Red… or a Pastor? Was she saying she’d been with those aliens? Was “this place”… Earth? Malarkey County? Who was Ema? Yet... would questions really be the most helpful right now? She was talking to a complete stranger – did she even have a right to ask? She looked down at the floor uncertainly for a moment, then glanced back up at the fox’s tear-stained face. “Oh, goodness, you look like you need a tissue.” She reached over and picked up the box from the nightstand, setting it on the bed in front of Syr. Then she continued speaking, “I can definitely understand being confused. I’m pretty confused myself right now.” She gave Syr a small smile, then paused for a moment. “Look… we just met, and… I don’t want to bug you or intrude or anything… but if it would help to have someone to talk to, I’ll listen. But if not, that’s fine, too. I won’t ask or anything.” She let her eyes fall to her paws. Yep. She sounded silly.

“Thank you.” she pulled a tissue from the box and blew her nose. Her antennae drooped pathetically and she glanced apprehensively at the chipmunk. “I was the captain of a Viledarian frigate. I came here,” her antennae further wilted “in search of power. If I hadn't come, none of these terrible things would have happened to you, and Earth would be a more peaceful place right now.” She closed her eyes against more tears. “Please forgive me this crime!”

Lauril remained silent for a moment, trying to work through what she’d just been told. She was with… was leading those… Viledarians?... the aliens who attacked me? Who were doing something horrible to others they attacked before me? She looked at her companion’s face… and saw anguish there. “Yes,” she replied quietly. “For my part, yes, I forgive you. And I don’t think – I mean, you don’t seem like someone who would be willing to help them anymore.”
Wayfarer
Regular Poster

Postby Spacewolfomega on Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:58 am

Mac brought the Wolfstar around to its new heading... in pursuit of the escaping Viledarian ship. Aldar was already running detailed scans of it, which fed directly into Omega's console.

"Quick," Omega ordered. "Jam its transmissions. We don't want them calling in any reinforcements. If they're making a break for it, they must be trying to hook up with another frigate or something. We don't need any extra hostiles coming our way."

"Already on it," Aldar said.

The Wolfstar easily caught up with the escaping craft. It was nothing more than a transport, so it was no match for the gunship bearing down on it.

"Got us parked right behind them, Skip," Mac stated.

"Ions, Commander?" Aldar asked.

"Yes," Omega answered. "Let's bring them down easy, old friend. We want the prisoners intact... and we need the Viledarians for questioning."

Aldar fired the ion guns... an easy target... especially for an accomplished fighter like Aldar. What was the expression Mac had said before? Like "shooting monkeys in a barrel"? The transport was crackling with energy from the shot.

"Their systems are failing," Aldar reported. Omega watched on his console as the energy signatures from the craft faded. "They're going down."

"Alright, crew," Omega said over the ship's internal communications, "once they set down, let's get over there and secure the situation. Mac, Aldar... keep us covered..."

Omega stood up and placed his hand on his laspistol.

"...I'm going out there for this one."
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby Fusion on Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:00 pm

“Oh, that's cool!” Xenda comments as Ben pulls off his shirt so they can bandage his cuts a little easier. “That must have taken a long time to dye like that!”

“Dye what?”

“This, on your shoulder. Heh, it almost looks like a cross hairs!”

“Oh, you mean my birthmarks.”

“Birthmark?” Xenda blinks. “I've never seem anything that complex for a birthmark.”

“Heh, that's what everyone says. I guess it's just another one of my od-”

"Alright, crew, once they set down, let's get over there and secure the situation,” Omega's voice comes over the intercom.

Ben hastily pulls out the last few pieces of shrapnel and slaps bandages on them before slipping his shirt back on. Getting up, he slips his sword on his back and reaches for his rifle to find it isn't where he had set it down. Looking back up, he sees Xenda holding the weapon out to him.

“Just don't get yourself hurt again Ben!”

Setting the rifle aside, he pulls her close for a hug.

“Just try to relax. I'll be back soon.”
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby Kerry Skydancer on Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:01 pm

Skydancer was a bit disappointed that the controls were all sized for Saaruuk's uncompressed self. "I was hoping to be your gunner, at least."

The big wolf shrugged. "It looks like we won't need to do any ship-to-ship fighting anyway. Tell you what, though - I do have some interesting toys for you if you want to help out the folks rounding up the rest of the Villedarians."

A few minutes later, Skydancer beamed out into mid-air over the enemy's position carrying a belly-pack full of gadgets and grinning rather nastily. "Kerry to circuit. Looks like the ones left behind are forting up. Shall we give them a nice Malarkey County welcome? The one we reserve for journalists and revenuers?"
Kerry Skydancer
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sharuuk on Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:06 am

"Roger that, go for it." The big wolf said with a wicked grin. "That should create enough chaos and confusion for me to try and locate the prisoners and break them out.....and I'm going to add a little acoustic 'enhancement' to your run....just for effect."

With that Şaaruuk deactivated the acoustic dampers on the W'ykkryn's engines and a-gravs.

On the ground, suddenly from nowhere and everywhere at the same time a deep, very deep droning rumble began began to vibrate the encampment, the prison ship, the very air with a physically felt intensity. The fact the W'ykkryn was cloaked and therefore unseen as it hovered only a few hundred feet overhead only added to mounting confusion and apprehension as no decernable source of the sound could be immediately located.

Incased in the Narcoosian armorsuit and a heavy lift A-grav harness Şaaruuk again donned the twin-barreled plasma wrist gun on his right arm, but a slightly different device on his left. This unit had the same shape in the section near the elbow, but lacked the hump that contained the barrels. Instead the foreward section flared slightly to a surrounding ring a couple of inches larger than Şaaruuk's wrist.

As the hood/helmet of the mercury-like armor flowed upward to enclose his head, Şaaruuk opened the outboard hatch on the port side.

"Once more dear friends, into the breech." He sighed to himself as he dove out into space to follow the couragous megabat.
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Calbeck on Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:32 am

Roy grimaced as the deep thrumming hit, forcing him to pin back his ears. He took up a position just inside a clump of underbrush with a clear field of view across the encampment. Signaling Gil and Fergie to spots about ten meters to either side of him, he waited for Saaruk to flush out the bad guys...
Calbeck
Regular Poster

Postby Spacewolfomega on Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:56 am

The Wolfstar landed next to the downed Viledarian scout ship. Mac made sure to point the Wolfstar in the best possible position for Aldar to keep the small forward guns, intended for taregtting infantry, trained on it. Unfortunately, the Wolfstar's weapons wouldn't be as effective in this situation since there were prisoners aboard the scout ship. Aldar could only provide covering fire if things got out of hand and the Viledarians left the proximity of the scout ship...

...which is why Omega was standing at the cargo door alongside Sebastis and a freshly bandaged Ben. They would have to go in and force the Viledarians to surrender face-to-face... get them away from the prisoners. Of course, they probably weren't as much prisoners as hostages right now. Omega was accustomed to Viledarian treachery. Things would be tricky from here on out.

"Okay... Sebastis, Ben... we're going to go in and force them to surrender," Omega said, pulling out his laspistol. "If things get crazy, try to lure the Viledarians away from the ship so Aldar can pick them off... unless the prisoners are in immediate danger... then we've just got to try and move in quick."

"Hope, Xenda," he continued. "As soon as we can get any prisoners free, we'll start sending them your way. Use the medical equipment on the Wolfstar to check them as thoroughly as possible. Don't break away from the Wolfstar unless absolutely necessary."

Everyone nodded in agreement.

"It's quiet out there," Aldar said, over the internal communications. "Nobody's moving."

That wasn't a good sign.

"Any energy signatures for a possibe explosive device?" Omega queried.

"No," Aldar replied. "not at all. It's extremely quiet. They're staying put."

Omega cursed under his breath. Viledarians always liked to lure you out to them before they sprung their little surprises. Unfortunately, they always succeeded with the lure, because they used the lives of others as bait.

"Let's go," Omega said.

The cargo door opened and Ben, Sebastis, and Omega stepped outside and began approaching the scout ship.
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby The JAM on Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:13 am

Over yonder....
"What? An earthquake in the Midwest?" asked a confused jaguar.
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Nip and Tuck