THE RP THREAD!!! *sparkle sparkle*

The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Post by The JAM »

Warp....have to warp...have to get away from the explosion...
Fire...a wall of fire....a wall of.....wind?
Feel the shirt melting on the back, fusing with fur...furlocks charring...feel tail nearly torn off...

Pain....

Was I holding something? A gun? Rifle? Camera?

No, I was swimming, for some reason...

Or...was I snorkeling? Diving?

Unpleasant...water up my nose...water in my lun--

------------

The jaguar coughed and spat, turning over the pew, instinctively trying to empty his lungs of fluid.

------------

Dark.....voices.....ugh...someone is trying to make a barbacue in a landfill...

Fox? There's a fox nearby......

------------

"Excuse me, is this your camera? I think you got some WILD footage in here," said Nip.

Kerry Skydancer
Cartoon Hero

Post by Kerry Skydancer »

Bat ears are better than most, and pilots have an almost instinctive urge to pay attention to details - and the unicorn had made the same mistake-and-correction several times.

"Just how alternate a timeline were you, then? You kept saying 'Huma' and then correcting to 'we'. Is that even your original body?"

Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Post by Earl McClaw »

Still sitting in his corner, McClaw twitched in reaction to something. *Kerry? I've got something to tell him... What was it? Can't... why can't I think?
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)

Calbeck
Regular Poster

Post by Calbeck »

Kerry Skydancer wrote:Bat ears are better than most, and pilots have an almost instinctive urge to pay attention to details - and the unicorn had made the same mistake-and-correction several times.

"Just how alternate a timeline were you, then? You kept saying 'Huma' and then correcting to 'we'. Is that even your original body?"
Roy eyes Kerry for a moment, then turns broadside-on. On his right shoulder there is a patch that looks exactly like him.

"No," the unicorn mutters, "it ain't."

DayenuRose
Regular Poster

Post by DayenuRose »

Beatrice drove as fast as she dared without getting in trouble. She didn't know where she was headed, but she needed to get away....to get out of there...she needed to protect Ema. Once again Beatrice glanced in the rearview mirror to see how Ema was doing. The pup looked out the window at the scenery passing by. Her eyes were red from crying and her expression was rather sullen. She wasn't talking to Beatrice. This meant for a silent car ride and silence meant Beatrice had too much time to think--she hated having too much time to think.

"Ema darling," Beatrice tried to break the silence. "I'm sorry we had to leave to quick..." Ema shifted in her seat, but didn't look at Beatrice or respond. Ema still wore the faerie wings, though they were tattered and hung limply against the back of the seat. Beatrcie tried again, "Um, the faerie wings, I'll fix them for you....I'll make you a new pair..." Ema shrugged--at least Beatrice now knew she was listening---but then turned back to the window pressing her forehead against the glass. Beatrice gave up, too distraught to continue in the apparently futitle attempt of conversation.

She turned on the radio, flipping stations trying to find something to distract her mind, or at the very least to get that darned song out of her head. Between the static, the talk and her own mood which was about as placid as a hyperactive three year old, Beatrice couldn't find anything, and soon turned off the radio. Once again the oppressive silence filled the car and Beatrice found herself lost in her own thoughts...

Beatrice had left Aldar standing against the wall and headed into the fray of gathering people around Omega, Seba, Pastor, and the trecherous woman who had tortured Ema. Ema was standing behind the crowd of folks gathering around; she couldn't see Beatrice. Through the gathering crowd, Beatrice spied Ema, she had the same look of fear on her face as she did the night before when Beatrice had turned off the light. With new determination, Beatrice pushed her way through the crowd. A few folk looked annoyed as she pushed past, but the look on her face queled any arguments before they were spoken.

Brushing past the crowd, Beatrice stepped out into the small clearing around Syrryxys, Jill, Pastor, and Ema. Ema finally noticed Beatrice. She ran towards Beatrice. "Mama!" she called, fear and relief in her voice. Out of the cornor of her eye, Beatrice noticed Syrryxys pale. Beatrice knelt beside Ema and hugged her. Quickly she checked Ema for injury. She found no signs of physical harm, only fear of something on her face and she trembled. Beatrice picked Ema up and balanced the pup on her hip.

Turning around Beatrice saw Syrryxys lying there, obviously injured, and lookig scared. She felt her hackles rising and growled softly. Omega looked ready to tear Syrryxys apart with his own hands and Seba stood ready to fight with her staff as well. "Serves her right," Beatrice thought, "she deserves to be scared. She deserves to be punished for her actions..."

Part of her, the part consumed with anger, longed to join Seba and Omega, but the side the was determined to protect Ema, told her to leave. Heading caution, Beatrice turned to leave, but thought she saw Syrryxys open her mouth to say something. Beatrice turned back around, faced the vixen and growled more loudly this time. Her eyes were cold and angry. Syrryxys shrank back slightly. "Don't you ever," Beatrice spat out in a low voice, almost a hiss, "Don't you ever get near Ema again. You've done enough damage already," Beatrice took a deep breath and spat out the first thought in her mind. "and if you do come near her again, I swear, you will not live to regret it." With that said, Beatrice really did leave this time clutching Ema. She doubted anyone besides Syrryxys noticed her presence there.

Beatrice didn't know what to do, but she knew she needed to leave. She worked her way out of the church to where her car was parked--miracuously unharmed despite the fighting. Beatrice set Ema down and opened the car. Ema stood looking back towards the church. "Why Mama?"

"Wha?" Beatrice wasn't sure what Ema was asking, but she could deal with this once they were away. "Come on darling, let's get in the car."

"No," Ema stamped her foot impertently. "Why did you yell at Syrryxys? Why were Uncle 'Mega and Auntie Seba mad at her?"

Beatrice knelt down to look Ema in the eyes. "Syrryxys is a mean lady..."

"No she's not. She's Jill's friend." Ema replied defiently.

"She hurt many people." Beatrice tried to explain again, "She hurt you..."

"No she didn't. She was talking to us before Uncle 'Mega yelled at her. He scared her."

"But you were afraid when I found you." Beatrice reminded the girl.

"The people were too close. They kept getting closer...too close...I couldn't get out...." Ema was breathing heavy at the memory.

Beatrice was amazed, Ema was in the arms of the woman who had tortured her, but wasn't afraid of her. "Didn't you recognize her? She's responsible for locking you up, for your Mommy dying...."

Ema shook her head again. "No, she's not the same person. She's nice now. She said the Viledarians killed her mommy too."

Beatrice couldn't believe it. What as this woman trying to do. Get Ema's symphathy. Well, apparently it worked. She had to get Ema away now....get her somewhere safe. "Ema, get in the car," Beatrice repeated. "We need to go."

Begrudgingly Ema climbed in the car and buckeled in. She started out the window, but did not talk to Beatrice. She didn't understand what was happening--it made her scared.

The sky was now dark--not even lit by any stars or the moon. Beatrice found that she was no longer just driving randomly, but instead was following an old familar pattern. She had driven the two hours back to the city she had moved from. Worn out and unsure of where else to go, she pulled into the parking lot of the church she attended back then. Beatrice looked back up into the rearview mirror again. Her head was leaning against the door and she was half asleep...

Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Post by Spacewolfomega »

Syrryxys huddled together with Jill and cried. Beatrice's words echoed in Syrryxys' ears, drowning out all the commotion in the room. Jill was scared, clinging to her tightly... Syrryxys could do nothing but hold her.

It had been foolish to think that she had escaped the consequences of her sins so easily. For awhile, though, she had enjoyed that feeling of being free... free from her past... at least she had the consolation of knowing that her soul had been cleansed of sin. For now it would have to be enough.

"Why?" Jill sobbed. "Why can't they just leave you alone? You're my friend..."

Syrryxys tried to reply, but could think of nothing to say. Any words that formed in her mind seemed inadequate. She just held Jill closer to her.

Suddenly Syrryxys noticed there was a hand extended to her.

"I guess I owe you an apology," Omega said.

Syrryxys looked up, wiping tears from her eyes.

"It's just... there's no way I could've..." Omega tried to think of the right words to say. "Look, you saved one of my closest friends today... I... thank you."

Syrryxys nodded and accepted Omega's hand. Jill's mother had managed to work her way through the room to the bedside. Syrryxys hugged Jill and handed her to her mother.

"I don't wanna leave you," Jill said, starting to sniffle.

"It's okay, little one," Syrryxys replied. "Go to your mother. I'll see you soon."

Jill's mother nodded in thanks and Syrryxys returned the nod.

Syrryxys managed to sit upright in her cot and faced the throng about her.

"Everyone... please. Nothing I can ever do will make up for the damage I have caused. I can only tell you that I have changed... I have Jill to thank and the Pastor for helping to bring this about. I have repented of my past sins and asked God for forgiveness. I now ask you for the same, although I realize I do not deserve it. There is much I have done that needs to be undone. I will help you in any way that you need, whether it be information or assistance."

Pastor returned to Syrryxys' side and placed him arm around her.

"Once I have aided you I ask for the ability to return to my homeworld. My people are enslaved because of how I betrayed them to the Viledarians. I cannot rest until I have freed them."

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Post by BrockthePaine »

Fergie listened to Calbeck's story and the ensuing questions, then turned to listen to Omega's apology to Syrryxys. His attention was suddenly arrested by a newcomer stepping into the church, his arms loaded down with food and medical supplies, the pile reaching so high that only his eyes peaked up above the top of a bag of potato chips.

"Hello folks, just bringin' in some food and stuff for ye all," the newcomer said. "The camel down at the convenience store asked me ta bring this all up... looks like ya'll have been through a war zone, what happened?"

Fergie movied to help the newcomer set down his stack of supplies. "Thank you, sir, I appreciate..."

"Jesus, Mary and Joseph in Tinseltown!" both of them exclaimed at the same moment. They looked EXACTLY alike.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" the newcomer exclaimed.

"You look really familiar," Fergie added. "I'm Captain Gilchrist Ferguson."

"Um... that's my name," the newcomer said. "Well, minus the whole captain bit. Me friends call me Gil, though."

"Mine call me Fergie."

Gil coughed and Fergie looked nervous. "So... um..." Fergie said. "I think you are a copy of me... except I'm from the future."

"Right," Gil said. "Uh huh. That makes a LOT of sense, you know."

"No..." Fergie muttered. "It must have been the boating accident. You survived, didn't you? The boating accident when you were five?"

Gil looked suspicious. "Yes... of course I survived, why would I be here if I hadn't? How do you know about that?"

Fergie sat down. "Because I am you. They must have changed something... somehow altered the timeline so you survived even though I was..."

One of the Marines walked up to Fergie. "Sir... uh... sirs... I hate to interrupt..."

"Hang on a moment," Fergie replied. "Can't you see I'm talking to myself here?"

The Marine nodded. "That's what's scaring me, sir. We probably shouldn't be talking so much about..."

"Hey chill," Fergie interrupted. "I'm just telling secrets to myself."

"That's right," Gil added. "Its... huh?"

The marine wandered away in confusion, and Fergie faced himself again. "Don't you see? I was supposed to die in that boating accident, but instead I was pulled forward to the 29th Century. Don't you see? We're the exact same person up until we were five years old, and then our timelines split. I now live in 2906, and you live in 2006."

"Oh, that makes plenty of sense," Gil replied, completely confused. "So in the future, do I always carry around severed heads in a plastic bag?"

Fergie looked at the plastic bag he was still carrying around. "Erm... no. This is one of those special times."

"I'm glad to hear that," Gil replied, "Cause that's pretty disturbing to me. Us. Myself. Whatever."

"I, uh, had to execute a traitor," Fergie added, and then tried to change the subject. "So - are you in the Black Watch? Special forces? Army?"

"You have to be kidding me," Gil replied. "I'm a writer - I write articles for history textbooks and magazines. And I write a bit of fiction - science fiction, fantasy, a bit of alternate history. Although after today I should probably invest in a good psychiatrist."

Fergie's face went blank. "You mean... in the past... I would have become a GEEK?"

"I'm not a geek," Gil replied. "I'm a highly respectable author."

"You're weird," they both said simultaneously.

"Don't do that again," Fergie said. "That's freaky."

"It's freaky, but you did it first," Gil insisted. "Oh God, I'm arguing with myself and going crazy!" He buried his face in his hands.

"Aye. That makes two of us," Fergie agreed.

Kerry Skydancer
Cartoon Hero

Skydancer interrupted the pair at this point. It had been amusing, but there might actually be a problem.

"Gentlemen... we need to consider the situation. As I understand it, according to the speculative fiction crowd, there are three possibilities. The Captain may have come back in time to an alternate reality in the first place - one in which the time travelers from Elsewhere impinge on what happens, but which has no effect on his own reality. Piper's Paratime idea."

"Second, the Time Patrol possibility - someone meddled in the time-stream to change what the Captain's reality is, but since he was already travelling in time himself, he's here in spite of an altered reality - and has a chance to return it to what was there before." The bat fixed the time travelling version with a glare. "IF that is a desirable outcome in the first place. You said there were serious problems in your future."

"Third scenario, your 'rescue' was not really a rescue as such, but a duplication of the body in the future - and since the accident wasn't fatal, there's now two of you. One here and now, one there and then."

The current version of Ferguson nodded. "Sterling?"

Skydancer nodded. "The Sea of Time trilogy, yeah. Or Flint's Assiti Shards stories." He flexed his wings and folded them up again. "Captain? Just how much do you know about time travel theory?"

Calbeck
Regular Poster

Post by Calbeck »

The unicorn rolled his eyes and clamped down on his stogie.

"Now THIS oughta be innerestin'...lemme check ta make sure I've got my marbles on me, 'cause after this conversation I KNOW I'm gonna think I lost 'em..."

Fusion
Regular Poster

Post by Fusion »

Ben sits down as the others quickly change Sebastis' and Omega's mind. He was glad that it hadn't escalated any more than it did.

"Once I have aided you I ask for the ability to return to my homeworld. My people are enslaved because of how I betrayed them to the Viledarians. I cannot rest until I have freed them,” Syrryxys finishes with resolve in her voice.

Ben looks at her slightly surprised, “Don't make it sound as if you'll be going alone! I'll help how I can.”

Xenda spins around and blinks at him.

“Ben! You almost got yourself killed today! Just because you found out you've been boosted enough to take rocket fire doesn't mean it's time to start playing Hero!” she watches Ben droop looking somewhat ashamed as she finishes her sentence.

Realizing what caused him to react as he did, she bursts into tears and hugs him.

“I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!”

“It's ok Xenda,” his voice is of someone who is depressed as he slowly pats her on the back.
Last edited by Fusion on Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Post by Spacewolfomega »

Syrryxys smiles at Ben.

"Thank you," she says. "I know I will need a spacecraft to get me there."

"I think I can help with that," Omega offers. "Just as soon as S'aaruuk can repair my ship. But first things first... we've got to figure out what to do about this 'Final Voice' thing and I'm sure you can help us with what you know. I think the...."

Omega's voice trailed off.

"Wait a minute..." he said, looking at the two Fergusons. "I have a feeling that our situation just got a lot more complicated. And wait a minute..."

Omega turned to face Xenda and Ben. "'Boosted enough to take rocket fire?' What?!?!?"

Fusion
Regular Poster

Post by Fusion »

“Yes,” Ben starts with a sigh. “We found that out last night when Fergie was testing out his medical scanner. Apparently the Panthera Kon-something-er Empire decided to use me as a test rodent for a performance enhancer!” his tail starts twitching in agitation. “So now I'm changed to the point that they almost might as well have turned me into a bio-mechanical super warrior, it probably would have had the same freak factor!”

“But Rocket Fire?!?” Omega gawked.

“You probably didn't notice that the shield medallion I was wearing after the fight was damaged. An anit tank blast overloaded both the barrier shield and personal shield Sharruuk let me use, and the overpressure shock wave alone took out the shield medallion. I wasn't even hurt until I smacked into a tree at exactly the wrong angle.

“So yeh. The Freak is in the house,” he finishes and begins supporting is chin with the palms of his hands.

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Post by BrockthePaine »

Gil looked at Ben and laughed. "Freak? Heh. That's not half as freaky as learning that an alternate version of yourself just came back from the 29th Century-"

"30th," Fergie corrected.

"Whatever," Gil exclaimed.

Fusion
Regular Poster

Post by Fusion »

Ben gives Gil a sideways glance, “You want to trade freakiness? I'd much rather be in your situation. At least now you can talk to yourself and not be hauled off to the funny farm.”

Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Post by Spacewolfomega »

"Well, I know we've all had enough 'freakiness'," Omega intervened, "to last us for some time, but right now we've got to focus on the Viledarian threat."

Everyone stopped and looked his way.

"Even though we may have taken care of this most recent attack on Earth, I've got a bad feeling that they may return. Either that, or they're going to be laying waste to Sirius VII sometime soon..." His eyes dropped toward the floor. "...if they haven't already."

Sebastis placed her arms around her husband, holding him tightly. He embraced her, his mind in a turmoil... remembering the Final Voice... remembering its power. Looking around the room he could see the awful pain and suffering the Viledarians were responsible for... images from his memory of other refugees and other survivors filled his mind. Did he or anyone else really have the right to single-handedly eradicate an entire race of beings? Didn't the Viledarians have a right to live as well?

Looking at the survivors... remembering how he barely managed to rescue Jill and Ema... thinking of his family back on Sirius VII... did he really care? The Viledarians were evil, treacherous scum... vermin... the universe would be a better place without them. If he had to shoulder the burden of wiping them away from existence... so be it.

"We need to head back to S'aaruuk's. We need to start getting to work on our own little space militia... who knows just how soon until we need it. Mac?"

"Right here," the fox responded.

"You care to give us a lift?"

"No problem," he replied, then turned to Hope. "Think you can handle another ride?"

"Everyone," Omega said, addressing those who would need to return to the manor. "We'll meet at S'aaruuks. See you there!"

Aldar joined Omega and Sebastis. He hesitated before addressing Omega.

"Anxious to get back to Sirius VII, eh?"

Omega nodded. "You know I am..."

"It will be alright, my love," Sebastis said.

"I hope so..." Omega replied. "I hope so..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Syrryxys rose from her cot. She had thought for a moment that the Terrans were going to imprison her... or even have her executed outright. But they hadn't. Omega had been the first to call her out. Now it seemed he was content to let her go free.

She turned to Piotr, standing close to her, trying to not look directly at her. Every once in awhile she had caught him glancing her way while the others were speaking, but every time she had looked at him, he shyly turned away, pretending he hadn't been looking at her.

He had spoken up for her... it was his defense of her that had helped Omega and the others relent. She thought of the cauterization and how he had stood by her during the whole procedure. Her memories of it were somewhat vague, but she recalled his face most of all... sad, worried... and something else behind those eyes.

As she stood, she felt weak. Piotr rushed to her, supporting her.

"Eeasy now," he said. "You should not ateempt to stand so queekly."

Syrryxys placed her hand on his face. They had been through so much in so short a time, yet it had seemed that she had known this man forever... she gazed at him deeply and Piotr found himself transfixed in her gaze.

Gently closing her eyes, she leaned forward and no longer denied the love that had been growing inside her.

Sebastis
Regular Poster

Post by Sebastis »

Xenda put her arms around Ben tightly. She looked at him with a loving resolve in her eyes.

"If....If you really want to help Syrxxyxxys.......... Then I want to go too. I don't know how much help I can be, but I'll do my best. And Ben stop calling the man I love a freak even you're not allowed to do that." Xenda laughs smiles and kisses Ben on the cheek.

Sebastis clung to her husbands arm. Her concern for her husband made her cling firmly to him. She was worried about him. Worried what he might consider doing if his home world was gone. How? How do I talk to him? she asked herself as she allowed him to lead her away.

The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Post by The JAM »

The jaguar felt better. That in itself wasn't a bad thing; what was odd was that he was feeling MUCH better MUCH sooner. Maybe it had to do with that mercury-looking medicine he was given. Still, the singed fur was growing back from new hide, his tail no longer hurt, and he could hear quite clearly now.

"That's some wicked footage you got there," said Nip, looking at the playback on the camcorder.

"So is this an average day, or did I catch you all on a slump?"

Fusion
Regular Poster

Post by Fusion »

Ben blushes at Xenda's last comments and kiss.

“Erm. Yes Ma'am!” his voice is full of surprise and amusement while still managing to carry a serious tone.

“That's better!” she laughs and lands another peck on his cheek.

Recovering a little quicker this time, he comments, “Uhm, well I hate to be a burden, but can someone give us a lift then? I'm really in no shape to drive.”

Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Post by Earl McClaw »

fusion wrote:Recovering a little quicker this time, [Ben] comments, “Uhm, well I hate to be a burden, but can someone give us a lift then? I'm really in no shape to drive.”
"I've - got one of the Professor's Hummers outside," said McClaw. Still acting a bit dazed, he went back up the stairs and outside. There he found the field generator powered down and waiting to be returned to the Professor's equipment locker at the old Hunsacker place.
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)

Kerry Skydancer
Cartoon Hero

Kerry nodded. "And I brought my Jeep along. It'll handle a few folks. We've had a bit of a busy day, I think. Let's let the Captain's marines take the watch here and head back to see how the Perfesser's doing."