THE RP THREAD!!! *sparkle sparkle*

Postby Fusion on Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:55 am

"I was talking about the sphinx. I take it you're not used to riding a bike?"
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby Spacewolfomega on Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:43 am

While flying in the air, suddenly Omega and Sebastis are approached by Kerry Skydancer, flapping in pace with them.

"Well, ma'am, I don't know how you do it. I couldn't even get him off the ground", he says.

Sebastis laughs, embarrassed. "I guess I don't know my own strength!"

"Plus, it's a good thing I didn't have those extra flapjacks this morning," Omega laughs.

After flying a bit further, Kerry says, "I don't think I've met either of you before. Kerry Skydancer at your service - I run the local cropdusting business. You folks live here, or are you just passing through?"

"Well, my ship crashlanded here on Earth a few months ago," Omega explains. "I managed to get it working a couple of days ago and I tried to get back into space, but well... I'm a fighter pilot... can't say I'm much of a techie. My repairs didn't hold and we crashlanded here."

Omega seems a bit forlorn, but a smile quickly returns to his face.

"So, I'm guessing it looks like we're going to be residents for awhile. I managed to set the ship down easy enough that it's sort of serving as our residence. Still has power and all, but I doubt it'll fly anytime soon."

Omega pauses. "So, cropdusting, huh? I take it Malarkey County is an agricultural outpost of some kind?"

Soon they arrive at the diner, just a few seconds short of Ben and Mac's arrival. Sebastis releases Omega and lands.

"Thanks, hon!" Omega says, readjusting his jacket. He winks and she blushes. "Better than the old Spacewolves Corps rocketpacks and a whole lot easier on the eyes, too."

Omega rubs his hands together then places them on his hips, watching as the others begin arriving.

"So, who's ready to eat?"
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby The JAM on Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:53 am

As they arrived, no one seemed to notice a jaguar eating flapjacks by himself....
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby IronFox on Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:11 am

fusion wrote:"I was talking about the sphinx. I take it you're not used to riding a bike?"
Mac shakes his head, grinning ruefully as they walk towards the front door. "Naw...I'm more used to vehicles with either four wheels or wings. Man...that was some ride. Anyway," He holds the door open, "After you."
IronFox
Regular Poster

Postby Wayfarer on Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:47 pm

Once on her way, Lauril takes a deep breath. "Okay, so everything was okay there, and you'll be able to find a map and get back on track soon, and you'll be able to take a break to get some food, so really, all is well." The chipmunk smiles a bit to herself, then says, "I think some music could be nice." She turns on the radio and, finding static instead of the station she'd been listening to last, pushes a Keith Green tape into the cassette player. She's barely finished when she notices a blur that looks vaguely like a motorcycle passing her to her left. Looking down at her speedometer, she laughs. "Okay, dear, time to wake up and go a little faster than 30 mph."
----
A short time later, the much calmer chipmunk pulls into Pop's Auto, parks the car, and walks inside. A few moments later she walks out with a new map and a large smile on her face. She hops back into her car, drives over to the diner, and parks. Not until she gets out of the car does she stop to take stock of the growing crowd by the door... and begin feeling a little on-edge once again. "Shush, child, you're being silly," she whispers to herself. "Now do you want food or don't you?" She laughs at herself and begins walking over toward the door. As she comes closer, she nods a greeting to those nearby.
Wayfarer
Regular Poster

Postby IronFox on Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:49 pm

Mac continues to hold the door open for Lauril and pantomimes tipping a hat. "After you, miss."
Last edited by IronFox on Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IronFox
Regular Poster

Postby Fusion on Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:47 pm

Ben thanks Mac on his way in for holding the door. Looking around you could see it isn't a large place, but it's clean and the aroma from the kitchen take it a step up from excecivly tempting to really nagging. A large bear wearing an apron and chef's cap stops clearing on of the tables and walks up to them wiping his hands on his apron.

"Well hello! Ben isn't it? Who are you friends?"

"This's Mac, that's Omega, the one with the wings is, um, Sebastis, and..." looks down at the chipmunck, "I'm sorry I didn't get your name!"
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby Sebastis on Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:44 pm

Sebastis takes in the sights and smells of the place as they enter. She thanks mac for holding the door. Seba is not use to the new smells, but it does seem delicious.

The first glimpse of the inside of the diner has her distracted and she bumps into Lauril.

"Oh! Excuse me." Seba's accent is very faint but there. "You were at the wreck, Yes? Are you going to join us?" Seba smiles warmly at the cute little chip munk and whispers. "I think you have made an impression on the young men." Seba with a well natured smile and a giggle in a girlish gossip fashion.
Sebastis
Regular Poster

Postby IronFox on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:03 pm

Mac shuts the door behind him and looks around.
"How about those booths over there?" He gestures over towards the corner, where a pair of booths remain unoccupied. Mac begins to slowly move towards the two booths, looking up over the counter for a menu and elsewhere for a bathroom.
Last edited by IronFox on Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IronFox
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:24 pm

As he cleared his rooftops, S'aaruuk circled the old mansion several times getting the feel of the little 'copter. Foreward, backward, sideways in both directions, spin in place....all maneuvers were executed with astounding ease and stability....he was clearly pleased with his latest invention.

Climbing to about 500ft, he prepared for the final, and probably most dangerous test. The altitude gave him at least a little room to recover if things "went south."

Setting the machine in a stable hover, he adjusted the trim via the 4-way thumb switch on the right stick. When it felt right and he wasn't moving in any particular direction, takeing a deep breath, he slowly and ever so carefully released both control sticks and gently rested his hands on the armrests!

The little whirlybird remained stock still.....just hanging in the air on it's own...the gyrostabilization computers auto-compensating for any shift in the CG of the aircraft. S'aaruuk could feel the leg rests moving up and down slightly, compensating for the mild directional inputs the prevailing breeze was causing.

Pleasure had now been replaced with outright ectasy.....it worked.....IT WORKED!!!!

Grasping the joysticks once again he let out something he's learned since his arrival in Malarky Co....something called "The Rebel Yell".....and sound off he did....:

"YEEEEE-HAAAAAAAW!!!!! They are gonna LOVE this thing!!!"

With that he climed to about 1000ft and headed off toward Pop's Auto and the diner, about 8mi as the crow (or 'WhirlyWolf') flies.
Last edited by Sharuuk on Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Spacewolfomega on Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:05 pm

Omega eyes the booths that Mac points out.

"Looks good. Why don't you guys go ahead and take a seat? I'll be right with you."

Omega exchanges a quick kiss with Sebastis before heading off.

He walks over to the a corner of the diner where he sees what could be one of the components he's been needing to fix his ship.

It's certainly the most high-tech thing he's seen since coming to Malarkey County. Some sort of device that stands about as high as his chest and glowing in bright, multicolored, neon lights. He stands transfixed, watching as bubbles flow up the side of the neon tubes, meeting somewhere at the top. A variety of mechanical components are visible through a clear glass window on the front.

He pauses and rubs his chin, deep in thought. He never did pay attention much in Mechanical Maintenance and Functional Systems Drives 101.

"It's got to be some kind of hyperplasmotic converter!" he says, loud enough that others can hear him, but talking more to himself than anyone.

"I think I could rig this up to the Diachrome Stabilizer and..."

He prepares to ask the proprietor of this establishment what he would take in trade for it.
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby IronFox on Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:40 pm

Mac walks over to the "hyperplasmotic converter", fishes out a quarter, and pops it in. He spends about ten seconds leafing through the playlists before he whispers quietly to himself "Eureka". He presses one button and Jimmy Buffett's "Margaritaville" starts playing. Mac walks back over to one of the booths and sits down, humming along with the music.
Last edited by IronFox on Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IronFox
Regular Poster

Postby Sebastis on Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:17 pm

When the music starts up Sebastis almost comes out of her seat. A look of shock and wonder on her face.

"Wha...? But Where are the musicians?" She asks looking at Mac then her husband and then the others for an answer.
Sebastis
Regular Poster

Postby IronFox on Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:23 pm

Mac raises an eyebrow. "You've never seen a jukebox before?" His eyebrow lowers fractionally as he visually digests Seabastis. "I presume you're like myself and not from around here?"
"Pay day came and with it, beer"-Rudyard Kipling
"Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin.
http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/
http://www.ace.mu.nu/
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." H.L. Mencken
http://ironfox21.deviantart.com
IronFox
Regular Poster

Postby Earl McClaw on Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:29 pm

(OOC: A minor time-slip, Tbolt. This post takes place after whatever exchange McClaw and Piotir have at/in his truck.)

Over at Pop's garage, McClaw was hunkered down next to his motorcycle, Sasha (the squirrel) crouched down on the other side. "...you think it's the clutch?" she asked.

"Well, that's what it was the last time it froze like this," replied McClaw. "Only last time I tried to push it and jammed the chain."

"Ol' Gus Coot might have something with all his Army-Navy surplus. If he does, we can put it in for you."

"Sounds appropriate. I got this thing from Uncle Red's surplus and salvage."

Their conversation was cut short when a semi-tractor came to a noisy stop behind the crouching tiger. A large, unkemp boar climbed down from the cab and asked, "Hey, woman, where's Bee-Bee?"

The squirrel stood up and took a defiant stance. "None of your darn buisness, Gus Guthrie. She dumped you long ago, remember?"

"Don't give me no lip, woman." Then, looking down at the kilted tiger, he said, "Course, mebbie I should talk to you first, sweet thang."

*Lordy, is he going to be in for a shock,* thought McClaw, trying to keep a straight face. Rising as he turned to the boar, he made sure to stretch his digitigrade legs to their full extension, making him within a hair of seven feet tall.

Gus Guthrie was speechless. Not only had he just hit on a male (*Wearing a skirt?*), but said male was feline, fit, and now well above his eye level -- and still rising! When the white tiger finally reached his ful height, he stepped close, making Gus tilt his head back even farther.

Letting his natural growl lay thick across his words, McClaw asked, "Sure, just tell me if the diner can cook me up a nice, thick, juicy -- ham -- steak." Fixing a predatory gaze directly into Guthrie's eyes and coming so close that he was looking almost directly down at the boar, he added (his breath tickling Gus' whiskers), "My doctor likes me to get plenty of meat, and I'm so hungry, I could eat it -- rrrrraw."

It was the growling of that last word that put Gus to flight. (Seeing McClaw's vicious dentation didn't help much, either.) Before Sasha could bust out laughing, Gus Guthrie was back in his truck and speeding away.

His voice now all sugary innocence, McClaw quipped, "Gee, he didn't even stop to answer me."
Last edited by Earl McClaw on Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Postby Sebastis on Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:31 pm

"No, " she says the strange light almost middle eastern accent comming through as she realizes she is making a spectical of herself and tries to calm down. "I have not been awake to this time long."
Sebastis
Regular Poster

Postby IronFox on Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:41 pm

Sebastis wrote:"No, " she says the strange light almost middle eastern accent comming through as she realizes she is making a spectical of herself and tries to calm down. "I have not been awake to this time long."
Mac's right eyebrow resumes its position at a point that seems to be an inch above his forehead. before he can pursue this line of conversation, however, a waitress, a coon-hound in her late teens bounces up to the table.
"Hiiii, my name's Betty. Can I get y'all somethin' ta drink?"
Mac shakes his head, almost as if he's trying to shake off an insect, glances at the waitress. "Um...yeah..could we get a couple o' pitchers of iced tea?"
Betty winks at him and flounces off to fill the order. Mac's eyes follow her briefly, then return to Sebastis.
"I'm not sure I heard you right. What did you say?"
Last edited by IronFox on Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IronFox
Regular Poster

Postby The JAM on Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:15 pm

Looking around at the newcomers, the jaguar thought, "Golly, looks like Pops was right..."
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tbolt on Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:58 am

Piotir hopped into the driver's seat once McClaw had finished loading his bike in the back. “She is veterin, like my girl here, no?” he said while affectionately tapping the steering wheel of the hummer. Iss interesting, this place, one can find lot of old military vehicles, especially south. How did you get yours?”

In short order the two arrived at Pop's garage. “Heer, we are! Pops iss only one that touches pookie other than myself. Please let me help you get motorcycle out of back, I know you are strong enough now, but when you get to be my age, you will appreciate less pain in back.”

He helped the big tiger maneuver the cycle out of the rear of the hummer.

“There, was easy enough now if you excuse, exciting morning today, I need use the leetl fox's room”

In a flash the silver fox had disappeared into the small building. He reappeared after Gus had made his undignified exit. Seeing the laughing squirrel and tiger made his ears crank back in vexation. “What, What, did I miss sometheeng important?”

“Oh, no, nothing important, nothing at all” Sasha smiled, her tail still twitching at the humor of it all.

“Hmm...” Piotir looked at the growing crowd at the diner “Come, comrade, let us be off to diner for breakfast before all good seats are taken, no? You must try ham steak special they haff, put meat on your bones!” he grinned.

McClaw and Sasha looked at each other for a moment and burst out in laughter again.

“What, What?! Young peeople these days!”
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Spacewolfomega on Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:44 am

Once music starts coming from the "hyperplasmotic converter", Omega takes a step back and reassesses the situation. He peers through the window of the machine and watches as a black disc spins quickly while a mechanical arm rests on it.

He returns to the table where Mac and Ben are seated opposite of Sebastis. He takes a seat next to her and flags down the waitress for a "pop".

"So," he says. "A 'juke-box', is it? Pretty nifty. I like the music."

Browsing through a menu, Omega and Sebastis prepare to order. When the waitress arrives, Omega motions for Sebastis to order first.

"Y'all ready ta order, sweetie?" Betty asks.

"Go ahead, hon," Omega says to Sebastis.

"I'll have the Catfish Big Kahuna sandwich," she says. "No tartar sauce, please, and can I make it a double?"

"Alrighty, darlin'," Betty replies, writing down the order.

"Um, let me have the Mexican Mouthburner Chili Mega-Burger, please," Omega says. "I assume from the name that it's pretty spicy?"

Betty stands and blinks for a moment, looking at the pop in front of Omega. "Y'all might want to get a pitcher to drink from, sweetie, and I'll make sure I get the fire extinguisher ready."

Omega gulps, but at the same time his mouth is watering. He licks his lips. "Sounds like a deal."

He looks over at Ben and Mac.

"So, what're you guys having?"
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Nip and Tuck