THE RP THREAD!!! *sparkle sparkle*

Postby Tbolt on Tue May 30, 2006 6:03 pm

The silver fox continues scanning the hillside with the binoculars. “Iss nothing I hope. Young pup, my eyes are not what they used to be and my paws are not as steady as when I was kit. You see trail I make coming through woods, no? Please look to right of it and tell me if you see sometheeng like smal crater about one third way up trail, I see notheeng.” He passes the binoculars to the spacewolf. The binoculars, if you can call them that are a twin pair of 30 – 100 power spotting scopes that have been cunningly attached together. Primitive, yet effective, but best used from a tripod mount. At full power, the spacewolf can see his pulse vibrating the lens.

At the mention of a fire extinguisher the old fox's ears swivel. “I have extinguisher in back of truck, but it might not be good enough to put that out. You know, comrade, back in the old country, we did not have fancy fire extinguishers. No, when we needed to put fire out we got all the men together and...” The fox let the word hang as he glanced between the sphinx, the arrival of the pops girls, and the chipmink. “Well when the babushkas are around, that changes theengs a bit, cannot get away with few things, no?. The Pops girls should be equipped for such emergency.”
Always tell the truth, that way you don't have to remember anything. -- Mark twain
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Spacewolfomega on Tue May 30, 2006 7:16 pm

Omega handled the binoculars with care. He absent-mindedly reached for the digital zoom knob and not finding it, attempted to activate the Beta filter. Not finding this either, he realized it was going to take a bit to get used to Terran equipment.

"Y'know, Peecher, I think I like you. You remind me of an old squadron buddy of mine. Heh. That crazy old coot..."

Omega laughs to himself, trying to remain as still as possible, realizing he's upsetting the delicate position needed for peering through the scopes. As he settles down and stops his breathing for a moment, he manages to get a good, clean look.

"Well, I don't think I see anything worth mention... wait a minute..."

Omega pauses.

Sebastis gets her staff at the ready. "What is it? Do you need me to go check it out?"

"I don't know," Omega muses. "I thought I saw something in that lake over there. Just for a second, but..."

Everything grew still and silent in nervous anticipation.

"There it is! I see it!" Omega exclaimed. "It's a sea creature! By the Sacred Canines of Calidex! It's almost like the sea dragons of Keldorav 8!"

Omega stared in disbelief, but then slowly let the binoculars down. He handed them back to Piotr while shaking his head in disbelief, slowly, as if in a trance.

"Of course, I don't seem to remember the sea dragons ever wearing bikinis."
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby Fusion on Tue May 30, 2006 8:22 pm

IronFox wrote: Mac drags his backpack off to the side and shrugs.
"Well, we'll see what they can do. Personally, though, I'd say that heap's a loss"

Ben shrugs, "I duno. I could use a project like rebuilding this, but you're probobly under a time constraint." Calling the girls who just gound to a stop, "What's your assesment?"

Without skippin a beat a squirrel jump out and gives her report. "I dun think our extinguisher can 'andle it. I'd probobly be safest 'n easiest to just let it burn out 'an haul w'ever's left 'way later."
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby IronFox on Tue May 30, 2006 9:10 pm

fusion wrote:Ben shrugs, "I duno. I could use a project like rebuilding this, but you're probobly under a time constraint." Calling the girls who just gound to a stop, "What's your assesment?"

Without skippin a beat a squirrel jump out and gives her report. "I dun think our extinguisher can 'andle it. I'd probobly be safest 'n easiest to just let it burn out 'an haul w'ever's left 'way later."
Mac nods slowly.
"I'm almost afraid to ask, but how much is it going to cost me to tow 'er in and get 'er repaired?"

Sasha looks skyward and does some mental arithmetic. "Ah'd say 'round two...mebbe three thousand dollars. Unless you have insurance, o' course, but I'm presuming you don't have that."

Mac forlornly shakes his head as he turns to address the group at large. "Does anybody know where I can get work in town?"
IronFox
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Tue May 30, 2006 11:04 pm

Back at the computer screen, S'aaruuk studied the glyphs and symbols intently a slight smile now tugging at the corners of his mouth. If his hunch was right, the Sphinx and her companion might just hold some of the answers to questions that had eluded him for the past 2 1/2 years. The only complication of course was how he was going to obtain those answers......

A muffled rumble from his stomach and a glance at the time reminded him that he hadn't eaten yet. One of the "hazards" of getting so deeply involved with certain projects is that sometimes you forget to eat....and even sleep until lack of nutrition and complete exhaustion finally take their toll.

*Pushes back from the desk, stands up and stretches.*

"Hmmmmmm......I'm guessing they'll tow the wreckage back to Pop's and probably head over to the diner for lunch. Perhaps this might be as good a time as any to introduce myself......annnd get something in my stomach besides coffee and biscuits."

He then walked over to one of the ornately carved wall panels and with a wave of his hand in front of a gargoyle's face watched as the panel silently slid open revealing a large, well lit, open work room.

In the center of this room stood a compact framework of tubular legs and braces, an engine, drive and control systems, a small instrument panel and a substantial looking multi-point harness designed to secure one person into it.

Walking up to this construct he ran a hand over the various components, gave a slight tug on the harness mounting points and smiled with a distinct feeling of satisfaction.

"It'll also give me a chance to show them my latest little creation."

Going over to a wall locker he took out and donned a one-piece, fireproof jumpsuit. Reaching into a fairly large cubby hole he pulled out a rather large helmet that looked like the top half of his head. Two wells on either side allowed his oversized ears to slip into them and the rest of the helmet completely encased his head and muzzle. There was no bottom to the muzzle-guard so that his lower jaw could be opened to it's widest, and the eyes were covered with a single piece lens that also contained a micro head's up display (HUD) of all the critical information from the machine behind him.

Pulling on a pair of gloves made of the same material as the jumpsuit, he returned to the machine, turned around and stepped back into what now proved to be a fitted assembly that instantly conformed to his shape.

Armored shoulder shields locked into place, a seat of sorts pivoted up to take his weight, leg and foot support/restraints attached themselves snugly. He then pulled the 5 point harness together and latched it securely to the massive center lock on his chest.

Placing his arms on armrests, he grasped the two short control "joysticks". Squeezing his right pinky finger against a small button on the stick, the display in his helmet immediately activated along with all the main systems of the machine. With a squeeze of his left pinky, the compact turboshaft engine whined to life.

Chuckling, he then added aloud....."I'll either make an impression or a crater...one or the other."
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Wed May 31, 2006 2:55 am

IronFox wrote:Mac nods slowly.
"I'm almost afraid to ask, but how much is it going to cost me to tow 'er in and get 'er repaired?"

Sasha looks skyward and does some mental arithmetic. "Ah'd say 'round two...mebbe three thousand dollars. Unless you have insurance, o' course, but I'm presuming you don't have that."

Mac forlornly shakes his head as he turns to address the group at large. "Does anybody know where I can get work in town?"

Ben winces at the figure. "Ouch! You might as well buy a junker and fix it up to run instead! As for work, I think the dinner might be highering. Speaking of witch, it's about lunch time. You wanta grab a bight to eat?"
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby IronFox on Wed May 31, 2006 6:20 am

fusion wrote:Ben winces at the figure. "Ouch! You might as well buy a junker and fix it up to run instead! As for work, I think the dinner might be highering. Speaking of witch, it's about lunch time. You wanta grab a bight to eat?"
Mac grins and shoulders his backpack. "Sounds good to me. Where's a decent place to eat around here?"
Last edited by IronFox on Wed May 31, 2006 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
IronFox
Regular Poster

Postby Fusion on Wed May 31, 2006 8:22 am

"Malarky County Diner. It's almost next door to Pop's and it's got cook'n you don't find anywhere else. If you get the chili though, make sure you give them time to get you a fire extinguisher before you dig in. That stuff makes dragons cry!"
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby IronFox on Wed May 31, 2006 8:37 am

Mac grins. "Lead the way, mate. Some fried chicken and potato salad would really hit the spot right about now."
"Pay day came and with it, beer"-Rudyard Kipling
"Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin.
http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/
http://www.ace.mu.nu/
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." H.L. Mencken
http://ironfox21.deviantart.com
IronFox
Regular Poster

Postby Wayfarer on Wed May 31, 2006 8:49 am

For a while, Lauril stands quietly by her car, observing and increasingly suspecting that her offer of a phone was unnecessary. Finally, the appearance of the tow truck confirms her suspicions. "Mmmso I'm thinking I'm not going to be needed. Might be a good time to leave now." She mutters. Actually, it would probably be the best time - it would probably be a good thing to go ask about a map at the garage before these folks get the wreck there and it's busy. Her ears perk up a the mention of a diner. And I think I could really use a break and some food right about now. After a few more seconds of looking around to see how things are progressing, she turns to the bat she'd been speaking with earlier. "Thank you so much for your advice, sir. I do appreciate it. I think I'm going to head over to that garage now." With those words she climbs into her car and starts off down the road.
Wayfarer
Regular Poster

Postby Spacewolfomega on Wed May 31, 2006 9:54 am

Omega tried to shake off the disturbing image of seeing a rather large... rather... goofy... looking sea-dragon-type creature wearing a two-piece bathing suit. He wasn't sure the mental picture would ever be completely erased from his mind. Earth has seemed rather bland once he and Sebastis had made their way out her hidden chamber in Egypt, but now...

Of course, maybe it wasn't Earth in general that had gotten a lot more interesting, but maybe just this locale. Apparently this Malarkey County was going to be full of surprises.

Hearing about plans for lunch, Omega turned his attention back to something that didn't involve giant monsters or explosions (although from the sounds of this "chili" foodstuff, it seemed like it could start an explosion of its own!).

"Ben, Mac," he said, addressing the two, "If you're headed where the food is, Sebastis and I would be happy to join you. Besides, I get the feeling we'll need to wander around town some and get oriented to the place. I feel like we're going to be staying awhile."

Taking note of the others gathered together here and their vehicles, Omega extended the invitation to any who cared to come along.

"Anyone else heading to the diner?" he asked.
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby Fusion on Wed May 31, 2006 10:11 am

Ben slaps on his helmet and jumps on his dirt bike. With one swift motion the engine is started and the kickstand is up. He motions Mac to get on the back with a word of caution. "Make sure you hang on tight. I put a prototype of one of my turbo designs on her and she'll take off without both of use if we don't."
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby IronFox on Wed May 31, 2006 11:43 am

fusion wrote:Ben slaps on his helmet and jumps on his dirt bike. With one swift motion the engine is started and the kickstand is up. He motions Mac to get on the back with a word of caution. "Make sure you hang on tight. I put a prototype of one of my turbo designs on her and she'll take off without both of use if we don't."
Mac hops on the back and holds on tight. "Don't have to tell me twice."
IronFox
Regular Poster

Postby Sebastis on Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm

Sebastis makes the staff become a stick again, and places a hand on her husbands shoulder.

"Are we ready to go Wolfie?" Omega says "Yes I believe we should follow Ben and Mac."

"Alright they should be easy to see from the air. Are you coming too Pioter?" Sebastis puts on her goggles and puts her arms around Omega. With four bets of her wings they are air borne and following the motorbike.
Sebastis
Regular Poster

Postby Fusion on Wed May 31, 2006 5:52 pm

"See ya there!" He calls to the space couple before reving the engine. The tire skids for a bit on some loose stones then suddenly grabs the dirt nearly tearing out of Ben's grip. As they take off down the road he has to concentrate a bit harder than usual to keep the bike under 40 for a smother ride. As the houses get a little thicker Ben makes a hand motion tward on of the calling over the engine that that's his place. From the bike it really didn't look any different than the rest of the houeses. A little later they are coming up on a gas station/ garage. Ben doesn't point it out due to the fact that the sign out front says it all, Pop's. About a minute later they pull into the parking lot of a nice family diner. Ben shuts off the engine and looks back for Sebastis and Omega and is surprized to find them already decending to the parking lot. "Wow! She's fast!"
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Wed May 31, 2006 6:39 pm

“Sea dragon, wher?”

Piotir looked through the binoculars intently, sooming the in and out and playing with the focus knob.

“I keep heering of sea theeng in lake, but iss never there when I around.”

He scans the lake a bit longer, but finds nothing.

“Iss there dirt in lens, perhaps?”

At Sebastis invitation he cocks his head. “I guess I could, wher... iss... your... ride?”

His tail drops to the ground and ears collapse as Sebastis lifts off with her husband.

“And the heavenly babushka takes the wolf to a happy place... He iss lucky man, no?”

The fox returns to his vehicle and stows his binoculars back in the rear and places the gun in the glove compartment.

Noticing McClaw, “Comrade white tiger, you can put motorcycle in back if you like, iss plenty of space and quicker to town?”
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kerry Skydancer on Wed May 31, 2006 7:27 pm

The bat spreads his wings and takes off after Sebastis and Omega, catching up after a brief burst of speed. He watches for a time, keeping pace with them, and then shakes his head in admiration. "Well, ma'am, I don't know how you do it. I couldn't even get him off the ground."

He pauses, watching them again, and then grins. "I don't think I've met either of you before. Kerry Skydancer at your service - I run the local cropdusting business. You folks live here, or are you just passing through?"
Kerry Skydancer
Cartoon Hero

Postby Earl McClaw on Wed May 31, 2006 7:42 pm

Tbolt wrote:Piotir... Noticing McClaw, “Comrade white tiger, you can put motorcycle in back if you like, iss plenty of space and quicker to town?”

"Thank you. That's very kind of you," McClaw said, being careful to enunciate clearly for someone who may not have English as their first language.

After hefting his bike carefully (or as carefully as possible for something that large and heavy) into the back of the fox's pickup, he watches to make sure he doesn't offend the tod by climbing in to the passenger's seat too soon.

(OOC: Ooh, have I got an idea for a quick bit between McClaw and a Malarky County native!)
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Wed May 31, 2006 10:19 pm

As the little turbine spins up to operating speed, four small wheels at the base of the legs of the machine pivot downward and lock into place lifting the entire unit off the ground about 3 inches.

Glancing upward, S'aaruuk touches a button on the console and at the far end of the room a very sizable door slides open revealing a large courtyard in the back-center of the house. With a gentle twist and push on the joysticks the machine pivots slightly and rolls out thru the doors and into the middle of the sunlit courtyard.

Conducting a final check of all operating systems and closing the doors behind him, he began to advance the throttle. 4ft above his head, twin 10ft dia. rotors began to rotate in opposite directions in response to the increased power. As the rotors came up to full speed and collective pitch was induced, the incredible looking machine began to "get light on the gear". At that moment, the onboard gyros sensed a slight imbalance in the unit and the leg and foot supports began to slowly swing upward straightening out S'aaruuk's legs from a regular "chair" position to more of a "recliner" mode. This feature added counter-balance to the engine transmission assembly located behind him keeping the entire machine center of gravity directly under the rotorshaft. Advancing the throttle to flight idle, he fed more collective pitch to the rotors and smoothly lifted off from the courtyard in a cloud of leaves and dust!

As he cleared the roof of the huge Gothic mansion (think "Munsters" or "Addams Family".....maybe even the "Bates Motel") and into the open air, it was at this point that he was thankful for all of the hours of tethered practice he'd done. The little 'copter was inherently very stable and easy to control, but still....this was his first free flight and he was understandably just a tad nervous. Afterall, there's an old saying of "never fly higher than you're willing to fall."

"Yep"...he thought to himself.."impression or crater...one or t'other".
Last edited by Sharuuk on Wed May 31, 2006 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby IronFox on Wed May 31, 2006 11:19 pm

fusion wrote: "Wow! She's fast!"
As Mac's brain catches up to the rest of him from about five miles back, he looks sideways at Ben, arching an eyebrow "The bike or the sphinx?"
"Pay day came and with it, beer"-Rudyard Kipling
"Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin.
http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/
http://www.ace.mu.nu/
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." H.L. Mencken
http://ironfox21.deviantart.com
IronFox
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Nip and Tuck