OOC Discussion

Postby Spacewolfomega on Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:13 am

Does this call for more fiber? :P

In all seriousness, I shall try to post soon... ;)
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby Spacewolfomega on Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:38 am

So, Ralph is no longer running the forums. Gang, for all the run-ins and complaints I've had about Ralph, I can't believe they decided to do this.

With that being said, a thought occurs to me. Should Ralph decide to move his comics elsewhere or should the forums end up being deleted, etc., do we have back-ups of this stuff? I can't imagine the entire RP thread going away.

Any thoughts? If we need to"divide and conquer" to back up this data, I'm all about that. If we need to secure rights from all the posters, that can be done, too. Let me get some feedback on this, if you would.
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby Fusion on Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:22 am

I can probobly have them all pulled and saved in a few hours when I get free time. Re-posting on a new forum will be a leanthy prosses though.

Edit: Ok, already backed up. I'd like someone to go over the backup when they get a chance though, although everything looks like it checks out, you never know.
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"--Edgar Allen Poe
"I just had an argument with myself, so now we're not talking."--me
"We are the salt of the earth, not the powdered sugar."--R.H. Jr.
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:33 am

I've been saving and archiving all of the strips since the beginning. What I can't figure out how to do is archive the forum pages and RP's we've all participated in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Şaaruuk
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wayfarer on Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:36 am

I had copied all of the story, at least, into Word documents. The only problem is that, since I tried to copy the entire forum table, I can't keep it from running off the side of the document... :P
“The mirror may tell us what we are; memory may tell us what we were; but only the imagination can tell us what we might be.” – Donald Keesey

“You go whistling in the dark/ Making light of it/ Making light of it/ And I follow with my heart/ Laughing all the way// Oh 'cause you move me/ You get me dancing and you make me sing/ You move me/ Now I'm taking delight/ In every little thing/ How you move me”
~ "You Move Me"
Pierce Pettis, Gordon Kennedy
Wayfarer
Regular Poster

Postby Spacewolfomega on Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:07 am

Well, I hope I'm not starting a panic or anything... I just want us to be prepared because things are at a potentially volatile point and there's a lot of great text here at stake.

Fusion, do you have a solid copy of the entire RP thread? If so, let me know what format it is in, etc., and send me a copy, please.

Sharuuk, I don't know if there's any other way than just cut-and-pasting text, which, of course, is extremely time consuming. Anyone else have any ideas?

Wayfarer, if you have a copy, would you care to send it my way? Thank you.

As I said before, gang, I'm not trying to hit the panic button, but there's a lot of factors in play right now that could cause Ralph to relocate his comics elsewhere. In that eventuality, I'm sure the existing text in the forums wouldn't get carried over. Better safe than sorry, right?
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:39 am

Omega, I doubt you've started a panic, but I'm quite sure most of us have fond memories in some of these forums and RP's that they'd like to see preserved. The text files are what're giving me fits. As I said earlier, I've saved every one of RH's strips since I first found his site so that's no problem....they've also been burned to CD "hard copys" just to be on the safe side from a HDD crash.

And you're right about cut-and-paste being extremely time intensive. Anybody know of a faster or at least less time consuming way?

Şaaruuk
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Already done and sent to you Omega. Just use your web browser to view the PHP files. Everything is preserved except for images like the background and emoticons. Didn't take long either. All I did was save the pages, so they are in the exact order they are on the forum.

E-mail me at picomark4@gmail.com for a copy of the archives.
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby Spacewolfomega on Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:35 am

I've tried opening the files in IE, but for some reason they won't load. Maybe I'll have to try later when I get home and get to a different computer. But, hey, as long as somebody can get these to work, we've got a backup.
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby Spacewolfomega on Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:41 am

Well, it's been quiet on here... too quiet... <_< >_>

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, gang... things have been quite busy lately. I'm a bit confused, too, as to where we are headed with the plot. Since the Wolfstar is getting ready to land at the prison barge area, maybe we need to get a quick update of plot developments in the works. I know it'd help me get a better idea of where to go with the story once Omega and crew start interacting with the other player characters.

As far as the Wolfstar crew's objectives, they would be:
1. Get mutants to S'aaruuk
2. Figure out what we're doing with the good Viledarians
3. Get Thorkelgdt and Lauril together

Since we're hitting Christmas break, etc., we may want to consider suspending the actual RP thread until after the holidays. I'll see what everyone thinks about that idea. :)
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby Spacewolfomega on Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:35 am

Well, I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays! :D Are we ready to start things up again?
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby Wayfarer on Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:47 am

I'm ready whenever. :D
“The mirror may tell us what we are; memory may tell us what we were; but only the imagination can tell us what we might be.” – Donald Keesey

“You go whistling in the dark/ Making light of it/ Making light of it/ And I follow with my heart/ Laughing all the way// Oh 'cause you move me/ You get me dancing and you make me sing/ You move me/ Now I'm taking delight/ In every little thing/ How you move me”
~ "You Move Me"
Pierce Pettis, Gordon Kennedy
Wayfarer
Regular Poster

Postby Kerry Skydancer on Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:42 am

Works for me!
Skydancer

Ignorance is not a point of view.
Kerry Skydancer
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sharuuk on Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:48 am

I'm 'go' for that as well....

Gotta run to the airport right now, will give you a quick synopsis of what's going on from Şaaruuk's position so you can plan your next move.

Quick point tho'....the prison barge is going to self destruct in 4 min 45 sec if not stopped and the blast will be somewhere in the 3-400 megaton range.

Şaaruuk
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Spacewolfomega on Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:47 am

Well, Omega's next action would be to get Ben to the prison barge area, see if Thorkelgdt and his merry men can lend a hand in any way, and offer any other assistance.

Since there's a lot of characters at the scene, we may want to list other characters' intentions here so we can put together a more cohesive post. :)
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:30 am

Quick synopsis from the barge

Şaaruuk's located the lab where the mutants are being created

Has captured a Villie lab tech "Borcheldt" and thinks he may be a 'good' Villie.

Tahathak has set the ship self-destruct and then blown himself and the bridge to bits so S.D. can't be disengaged from there.

Blast from bridge hatchway has K-O'd Fergie, but not before he sent out a general alarm

Destruction of bridge disabled damping field that severly hampered contact between Şaaruuk and the W'ykkryn......He and Borcheldt have just transported to engineering in last ditch effort to halt S.D. sequence.

Time to self destruct...4 min 45 seconds.

That should pretty much cover everything from this end.

I have a particular scene in mind for Borcheldt that will have a relatively profound effect on Şaaruuk that I'll post as soon as we get everyone that's going to play back together.

Şaaruuk
Last edited by Sharuuk on Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:09 am

Cool! Let's get this show on the road! :D
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby Spacewolfomega on Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:41 am

Sounds like you've got the "disarming the self-destruct" thing well in hand, then, Sharuuk. :) Shall the rest of us be getting everyone away from the barge in the meantime?
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:31 am

Evacuate to where? If the engine core does go, (don't worry, it won't.....can't end the RP like that.....besides RH'd be really PO'd if we let the Villies obliterate Malarkey County. :wink: ) the blast is going to be somewhere in the 300-400 MEGATON range! The barge may be in a valley surrounded by 3 mountains, but a blast of this magnatude is still gonna make the Tunguska explosion look like a firecracker. :o

Şaaruuk
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:51 am

To the Resterant at the End of the Univers then! :D
Fusion
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Nip and Tuck