OOC Discussion

Postby Sharuuk on Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:59 am

"Some sort of......blockage???"

Does JAM have a sinus problem....or is he subtley admitting he's a blockhead? :-?

*JUST KIDDING*, my friend.......It's just the wording of your post brought my somewhat skewed :twisted: sense of humor on line, and I HAD to respond somehow.....no insult or offense intended. I just couldn't pass it up. :wink:

Şaaruuk
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tbolt on Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:54 pm

Cool post JAM I'm curious to see where this leads!
Always tell the truth, that way you don't have to remember anything. -- Mark twain
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:01 pm

(edits after rereading Omega's post) Ah, BTW, the Spelling is Panthyrian. Looks like I might have to expand my paramiters for the Panthyrians a bit. Either that or I could make a sub devision of them Called Pantheryians. Tell me what you think JAM and the rest who know.
Last edited by Fusion on Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"--Edgar Allen Poe
"I just had an argument with myself, so now we're not talking."--me
"We are the salt of the earth, not the powdered sugar."--R.H. Jr.
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby Canis_lupus on Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:03 pm

If its not too much trouble could i get a "The story thus far" post? I wanna get in on this but i dont wanna read 80 pages of backlog.
"I hate turtlenecks. Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy. All day. Like, if you wear a turtleneck and a backpack, it's like a weak midget trying to bring you down."

-Mitch Hedberg
Canis_lupus
Regular Poster

Location: Off some Turnpike in Jersey. check next to the landfill.

Postby BrockthePaine on Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:10 pm

Canis_lupus wrote:If its not too much trouble could i get a "The story thus far" post? I wanna get in on this but i dont wanna read 80 pages of backlog.

Uh...

The calm of Malarkey county is shattered by the explosion of Mac's car, which gathers a group of strange individuals (sorry :-P) who become involved in a defense of Earth from the evil alien Viledarian Empire. Gilchrist Ferguson (myself) is accidentally sent back in time to activate a mythical superweapon owned by Professor Sharuuk (Sharuuk) which is being sought by the Viledarians, who are opposed by a Lupinian survivor (SpaceWolfOmega) and his sphinx wife (Sebastis); also along for the ride is Red (TBolt) who is kidnapped by the disguised captain of a Viledarian ship (Syryxxys sp?) beneath Lake Malarkey, which is disabled when Kerry Skydancer drops a homemade electromagnetic bomb allowing Mac, Sebastis, Omega, Fergie, and Sharuuk to attack the ship and liberate the prisoners. Ben (Fusion) snipes the baddies from a hilltop and Earl (Earl McClaw) covers the other shore and takes care of the liberated prisoners, along with amateur moviemaker The JAM (The J.A.M.). Syryxyss escapes the Viledarian ship but is betrayed by the Viledarian emperor, and lands on Earth where she confesses to the Preacher. She is wounded the next day when a Viledarian strike force attempts to recapture the former prisoners; following the battle Fergie learns he is a "clone" of a current Malarkey county native (Gil) (also myself) and the group is joined by Major Calbeck (Calbeck). Having defeated the Viledarians, the group works for a week as Omega's starship is rebuilt and Fergie and Sharuuk try to figure out the Utolso Hir superweapon. Lauril (Wayfarer)'s arrival breaks the silence as she was nearly kidnapped for twisted experiments by a Viledarian special-operations group, but was freed by good Viledarians led by Sergeant-Major Thorgkledt (or something spelled like that) and taken to the hospital, where she is put in a room next to Syrryxys, to whom Red has just proposed. The group is partially unbelieving that there are good Viledarians and assault the camp, capturing a prison barge while a scout ship flies away, although it is downed and boarded by Mac and Omega, who find the good Viledarians attempting to get the children away from the battle. The mutant prisoners make their appearance and briefly battle the good guys while Sharuuk discovers the experimental laboratory. Fergie follows Sharuuk into the ship but is distracted by the evil alien professor who starts a self-destruct countdown then destroys the data terminal, killing himself and wounding Fergie, who radios for help and passes out. Gil, Calbeck and Kerry are heading up the road towards the prison barge, while Sharuuk is in the laboratory beating the tar out of a Viledarian lab-aide (who is actually a good-guy). At the scout ship, Ben discovers he killed a good Viledarian and is saddened by his actions; Red leaves Syrrixys in the hospital where she talks with Lauril about her string of bad choices which brought her into the Viledarian Empire. Earl and The Jam are in a camp with the refugees, making sure they're safe from Viledarian attacks.

I know I left someone and something out, but... um...

And the OOC thread is approximately 50% of posts talking about guns and how cool they are, and 25% posts going "Did we kill this thread?" and 25% us talking about stuff in the story.
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby The JAM on Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:25 pm

You're a riot, Şaaruuk.

Before I do that explanation, is Earl the only other feline that's active in this RP? If not, then sound off here and state if your character is "Christian" or a reasonable facsimile of one :D
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby BrockthePaine on Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:55 pm

The JAM wrote:You're a riot, Şaaruuk.

Before I do that explanation, is Earl the only other feline that's active in this RP? If not, then sound off here and state if your character is "Christian" or a reasonable facsimile of one :D
Well, Ben's a tiger... pardon, Panthyrian *checks spelling*. And Sebastis is... um... do sphinxes could as felines??? :-? :-?
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sharuuk on Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:29 pm

The J.A.M. wrote:Your a riot Şaaruuk.

Actually more of a low level street brawl. I gotta REALLY get wound up for a full scale riot.....but thanx for the compliment. :wink: :roll:

(paraphrased) "daggers to his neck spraying green blood"

Great post TBolt.....however, I think we established earlier that the Viledarians had black blood not green.....they're green skinned but black blooded. Other than that.....wonderful imagery.

Şaaruuk
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tbolt on Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:35 am

Uhhh, he's... Viledarian nobility...

<.<=

=>.>

Yeah, that's right!

On terra we had bluebloods, they had green bloods! =^^;;

Thanks! =^^=
Always tell the truth, that way you don't have to remember anything. -- Mark twain
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:05 am

The JAM wrote:You're a riot, Şaaruuk.

Yes, Ben's a Panthyrian, a anthromorphic tiger-like race with minor psychic abilities. And yes, he's also Christian. Ack! And I just Realised I'm going to be late! TTYL!
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby Spacewolfomega on Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:52 am

Nice recap, Brock! "Presenting the Cliff's Notes version of the N&T RP Thread!" hehe :)
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby The JAM on Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:59 am

Okay, the premise was going to be that N'marra (and her race, which is apparently black leopards) has psychic abilities, perhaps stronger than Ben's (or maybe Ben is either out of practice), but because the jaguar is a Waiting One (that's what I call non-human Christians) he has an automatic "shielding" in his mind against psychic probing (read my fanfic "Mary" on fanfiction.net (Tiny Toons) where the jaguar deals against Shirley The Loon). Since Ben is also a Christian, perhaps his abilities have waned due to lack of use or are just weaker among his race?
The point is that N'marra cannot read the jaguar's mind or use any of her abilities on him, but the jaguar doesn't know that yet.
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:40 pm

The JAM wrote:Okay, the premise was going to be that N'marra (and her race, which is apparently black leopards) has psychic abilities, perhaps stronger than Ben's (or maybe Ben is either out of practice), but because the jaguar is a Waiting One (that's what I call non-human Christians) he has an automatic "shielding" in his mind against psychic probing (read my fanfic "Mary" on fanfiction.net (Tiny Toons) where the jaguar deals against Shirley The Loon). Since Ben is also a Christian, perhaps his abilities have waned due to lack of use or are just weaker among his race?
The point is that N'marra cannot read the jaguar's mind or use any of her abilities on him, but the jaguar doesn't know that yet.

Sounds like her race has stronger psychic abilities. Panthyrians are mainly limited to detecting the emotional and physical state of other psychics and communicating with other psychics telepathically. Although with practice they can learn to feel the presence of non-psychics as well.

And yes, Ben's abilities are rather faded since he hasn't used them before, so he'd probably have a very faint aura. It will only take a few minutes for him to “boot up” his ability after he tries to start using it. Then cue all the psychics in the area going “Holy smokes! Where did you come from!” and Ben just about freaking out! :twisted: :lol:

So she's going to have to actually TALK to him to get to know him! Of all the ways to force them to communicate! :P :lol:
Last edited by Fusion on Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby BrockthePaine on Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:29 pm

fusion wrote:...so he'd probably have a very faint aurora.

Ya mean 'aura' :-P ??

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:01 pm

Sure, pick on the guy who can't spell! :P :lol:

Nice recap BTW!
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby BrockthePaine on Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:50 pm

Thanks!

I don't usually like to play the grammar/spelling nazi, except when the spelling mistake is particularly humorous. "Ben has a very faint field of shimmering atmospheric ions? COOL! I want one of those!" :wink:

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Spacewolfomega on Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:44 am

Tbolt wrote:Syrryxys sauntered into view. “Well, that was outstandingly unproductive. Who is in charge of this Terrazian nut cluster?”

hahaha :lol:
Friskella: "Mmmm... Terrazian Nut Clusters... my favorite. Aren't they the chocolate ones with... hey, waitaminute! Nut cluster? What's THAT supposed to mean?!?!"

(Note: The Terrazian reference was to the race of my character in another RP thread. She's a space pirate and a rather... nefarious... character. Apparently Tbolt decided to include a small ref here. :P)
Spacewolfomega
Regular Poster

Postby Wayfarer on Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:49 pm

*Crawls out from underneath the table in the corner, blinking.*
Wow... right around forty pages of writing in the last... week-and-a-half... I guess almost two weeks. But most of it taking place in the space of a week...

It feels SOOOO good to come up for breath :) ...
...you know, before diving back in for finals. :roll:

It won't be anything near as bad as these last couple of weeks, though.

*Sighs happily.* I'm going to go sleep now. *Looks under the table at the pile of pillows, shrugs, and crawls back underneath.*
“The mirror may tell us what we are; memory may tell us what we were; but only the imagination can tell us what we might be.” – Donald Keesey

“You go whistling in the dark/ Making light of it/ Making light of it/ And I follow with my heart/ Laughing all the way// Oh 'cause you move me/ You get me dancing and you make me sing/ You move me/ Now I'm taking delight/ In every little thing/ How you move me”
~ "You Move Me"
Pierce Pettis, Gordon Kennedy
Wayfarer
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:58 pm

Sorry I haven't been able to post yet. LPGA convention here and I've literally been running 12-14 hrs for the past 3 days. Finally get to bed at around 0200-0300 just to get back up again at 0500 for a 0700 p/u in a town thats 70 miles away. :x

Have all of Saturday off (YAY :D ) and will difinitely post then.

Şaaruuk
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby BrockthePaine on Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:31 am

We seem to have sort of a 'blockage' :-P

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Nip and Tuck