This is a new post

Postby Elaine_Hornby on Fri Dec 15, 2000 1:33 am

Sweet! Here's some of the names we have for FF9:<P>The monkey-boy is TIMMY!!! (Yes, with the exclamation points. He needs an electric wheelcahir too.)<P>Princess Garnet is Elaine.<P>The Black Mage is ???????.<P>The knight ("Rusty") is Mr. T.<P>The female Red Mage is Lina.<P>The Qi or whatever is Shaggy.<P>And that's all I can remember.<P>------------------
CC: Dept. Of Redundancy Dept.
Elaine_Hornby
Regular Poster

Postby Lostfactor on Fri Dec 15, 2000 5:59 am

Interesting name choices...<P>The main character was renamed Edward... it's sort of a rule, I rename every lead character that my first time through. Unless they're female, anyways.<P>Princess Garnet was renamed Amelia.<P>The big 'ol knight was renamed Gourry. (Noticing a pattern? ;> )<P>Vivi, of course, was Xellos.<P>The rat-person dragoon chick was renamed Syphiel.<P>The Qi... Qu... whatever, the character I like the least was renamed Vrink. Again, it's a legacy name.<P>The little summoner who's pretty much the most useless character was renamed Sylia. ;><P>Finally, I just slacked off and renamed the big guy Crimson.
-Eliot "It's the first FF game without a member of the Diana Brigade... wow..." Lefebvre
Lostfactor
Regular Poster

Postby Steve Emond on Fri Dec 15, 2000 6:58 am

This is a new post! Hey everyone, how's it going? <P>~Steve
Steve Emond
Regular Poster

Postby Rtist54 on Fri Dec 15, 2000 7:55 am

fine thanks.<P>------------------
Any artist can call their piece "Untitled", but there's only one <A HREF="http://untitledagain.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Untitled Again</A>.
Rtist54
Cartoon Hero

Postby Elaine_Hornby on Fri Dec 15, 2000 9:21 am

WHOO!!!! Almost done with my Art History notes! With the help of endless R.E.M. (I have enough to keep me entertained for months), I managed to work until 3 this morning, before passing out until noon.
Elaine_Hornby
Regular Poster

Postby Lostfactor on Fri Dec 15, 2000 10:00 am

It's going. Got three more PoliSci chapters to read, but I just beat Final Fantasy IX and I'm listening to Barenaked Ladies, so I'll be okay. (BTW, if you haven't picked up the latest BNL album, Maroon, you're missing something. And if you haven't played FFIX... well, the game kicks much butt.)
-Eliot "WIIGII!" Lefebvre
Lostfactor
Regular Poster

Postby Steve Emond on Fri Dec 15, 2000 10:27 am

I have Maroon and I was dissapointed. I like Pinch Me alot, I like Conentioneers, but I cant appreciate the entire album like I could "Stunt". But FF9 does kick ass...I'm playing one game through Elaine and another by myself, although I can't find the hours required to play through it. It's always the same with me and RPG's... I pick them up, put them down, until I eventually finish them. Although I am enjoying it immensely. Have you played Chrono Cross? I LOVED CHrono Trigger in the old school, but I couldn't get into this one as much.<P>~Steve
Steve Emond
Regular Poster

Postby Elaine_Hornby on Fri Dec 15, 2000 11:14 am

STOPPIT!!!! STOPPIT!!!!! Stop talking about things I want to do!!!! I have to study and it's bad enough that I have to spend (most of) my 18th birthday STUDYING HERE. Oh Sunday, December 17th!!! Why can't I be more excited about you?????<P>
I hate Finals! I love FF9! I hate Finals! I love R.E.M.! I hate Finals! I love STEVE!!!!! Bwahhhh I hate finals kill me now!!!!!!!!!<P>
------------------
CC: Dept. Of Redundancy Dept.<p>[This message has been edited by Elaine_Hornby (edited 12-15-2000).]
Elaine_Hornby
Regular Poster

Postby Lostfactor on Fri Dec 15, 2000 12:55 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Emond:
<B>I have Maroon and I was dissapointed. I like Pinch Me alot, I like Conentioneers, but I cant appreciate the entire album like I could "Stunt".</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Funny... I actually like the whole album about as much as I did "Stunt". It has a couple places where it does drag a little, but overall, it's a very good album, especially considering it's their fifth release so far. The best one, by far, is probably "Maybe You Should Drive", although it is awfully melancholy. ;><P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>But FF9 does kick ass...I'm playing one game through Elaine and another by myself, although I can't find the hours required to play through it. It's always the same with me and RPG's... I pick them up, put them down, until I eventually finish them. Although I am enjoying it immensely.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Same here. I still haven't beaten Star Ocean 2, or SaGa Frontier, or even finished up with the second part of Threads of Fate. Of course, right now I'm just starting up with Parasite Eve 2... fun game, but the control scheme sort of got screwed from the last one. It's not as engaging as the first PE, IMHO, but part of that might come from the fact I just finished up Square's
Lostfactor
Regular Poster

Postby Elaine_Hornby on Sun Dec 17, 2000 10:53 am

::sniff:: I'm so lonely.... I hate studying on my birthday....<P>------------------
CC: Dept. Of Redundancy Dept.
Elaine_Hornby
Regular Poster

Return to Steverino!