Hey there

Postby Rtist54 on Thu Dec 07, 2000 10:16 am

I just wanted to say hi. I stopped by your site, And was incredibly impressed. I read your about me stuff too. I took a big interest, because I seem to be following your footsteps. I am still a struggling college cartoonist waitin' for that big break of winning some kind of award to get noticed by the higher powers. I think, you could say I'm devoting most of my cartooning time to the website, but I am also trying to break into some magazines as well, like Playboy or the New Yorker or Maxim. Yeah, I'm aiming for the big boys. Anyways, just wanted to say hi and point out that you are extremely talented. I have no doubt that I'll be seeing your stuff floating aroungd all of these papers here in Chicago some time soon.<P>Paul Roustan <P>------------------
Any artist can call their piece "Untitled", but there's only one <A HREF="http://untitledagain.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Untitled Again</A>.
Rtist54
Cartoon Hero

Postby Steve Emond on Sat Dec 09, 2000 9:08 am

Excellent! I've actually been by your site as well, and was impressed. Once I get more time to work on the site itself, I might post the comments and criticisms I've recieved from syndicates and links to the cartoons they refer to. I just try to put in all the stuff that I would want to see myself, such as all the early rejections on the Dilbert and Foxtrot sites... it just fascinates me to hear what other artists go through. It's nice to have your support though, thanks for stopping here, reading, posting, and taking interest! Good luck with your strip!

~Steve
Steve Emond
Regular Poster

Postby Rtist54 on Sun Dec 10, 2000 8:12 am

I agree. It makes me feel like i have a chance if some of the greats even had trouble getting in. And we all know that that slight chance helps motivate us more and more. I've been rejected a couple of times from those pre-mentioned mags, but they didn't give me any criticism. Won't stop me from trying though.<P>Pauly<P>------------------
Any artist can call their piece "Untitled", but there's only one <A HREF="http://untitledagain.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Untitled Again</A>.
Rtist54
Cartoon Hero

Return to Steverino!