How many ppl visit this site?

Steve Emond
Regular Poster

Post by Steve Emond »

Hey... just wondering how many people actually visit this site? I have an amazingly low hit rate, which actually seemed to stay around this same area even when I wasn't putting anything up for a year.<P>So how many people actually visit? I'm having an unfortunately hard time justifying this site's existance!<P>If you could post hee or email me, I'd really appreciate the info.<P>~Steve

Steve Emond
Regular Poster

Post by Steve Emond »

Heh, thanks. It's a wierd thing... sometimes I'll get a kick and try to get the strip out there, but then I'll get an urge to work on a comic book or screenplay or something, and I'll be glad I don't have a big fan base to dissapoint. Actually I was oretty close to stopping the strip again but Damonk of framed mentioned he was going to link me, so I figured I better keep it up a while longer. <P>It's a double edged sword I guess... if I got a lot of hits I'd have a succesful strip,. but I'd also be stuck with it through any slumps. <P>So for now I guess IU'm taking it pretty much the same way I take life- play it by ear.<P>Thanks for the post though, it's really hard to tell if you're being read at all!<P>~Steve

Jmilfred

Post by Jmilfred »

Well I've been visiting pretty much every day or so for a couple of weeks now. I know it stinks to have such low traffic. Its funny cause I haven't updated my site in months and still a stream of about ten people a day visit it. The only time I had an incredible spike in traffic was when Barry Smith of the very popular "Angst Technology" featured my strip for almost a month. I only updated once that month, so of course I wasted the oppurtunity to build a larger following. I didn't solicit him at all and my unique users went into the thousands for that month. I don't think it would be completely out of line to e-mail some of the more popular creators and say that you really think that you're doing a quality strip, but can't get anyone to read it. Ask them if they would check it out, tell you what they think and if they feel generous maybe they could help drive a little traffic to you. Assuming they feature other strips.<P>I don't know if this helps, but I thought it would at least be nice to have one post here for you.<P>I did add you on my links page, but I doubt you'll get much traffic from my site.<P>If I put up another strip soon I'll feature you which might help a little more.<P>Jason Milfred
<A HREF="http://www.inkography.com" TARGET=_blank>www.inkography.com</A>

Setsuna

Post by Setsuna »

hmm.... i visit this site quite often<P>i like this site... there's only a couple of sites that i keep going 2 and this is one of them ^_^