Forsooth, it's (the return of) Forsooth!

Postby The Moose King on Wed Feb 20, 2002 6:26 am

Ready for some shocking news, Forsooth fans? (Er, Forsooth fan... oh, never mind.) After almost a year on hiatus, it is my pleasure to announce that Forsooth will return, quite possibly within the week. Features of the new Forsooth will include: regular updating, improved art and writing, and a shift in the strip's focus. Instead of focusing on Tim, who was rather a hard character to write for, the strip will center around Thor (who is no longer a food-obsessed lunatic) and his Wacky Hijinks On Campus, accompanied by Bert, new character Matt, and a female student whose name will probably be Anne. Tim, Edgar and Julia, Jim the superfluous roommate, and the scruffy-looking janitor will all appear as supporting characters (to varying extents, which I will determine over the course of the new run of the strip), as will at least a few other characters who you haven't yet seen. If we're lucky, Detective Madlow will carry his badge far away. Then he will not come back.

I'm drawing up the vastly improved character designs and writing new plots right now; preview sketches and the like should be forthcoming, and it would probably be a good thing if I did something with the site design. Updates will be either three or five days a week, and I <i>will</i> stick to that this time.
The Moose King
Regular Poster

Postby The Joester on Fri Mar 29, 2002 2:04 pm

yay

i read through your archive for the first time the other night...i like this strip. a lot. big wooden dog, hah!
The Joester
Cartoon Hero

Postby The Moose King on Sun Mar 31, 2002 3:35 pm

Thanks. I'm hoping I can keep a schedule, while at the same time increasing the level of quality (both writing- and drawing-wise) on the strip. (And building a quality site to host it on -- though that may need to wait for the summer.) Only after I've got on a roll am I going to make a major push to publicize the strip; if I get readers before then, so much the better, but I don't want people to show up, see two new strips and a bunch of old strips, and give up on it. It'll be hard to get those readers to come back if I do that.

As the first two strips suggest, the focus of Forsooth has changed, but rest assured, you haven't seen the last of the big wooden dog. (In fact, he may be back within the next two weeks...)

By the way, as for the sporadic updates, I think my scanner is dead. I've got a couple more things I'm going to try, but failing that, I need to find another scanner. (I think the college has a scanner somewhere... I'll need to seek it out.) Well, in any event, plans to update the strip three times a week (until the end of the school year -- in the summer, I expect to have more free time, and may go with some other sort of schedule) are still going on.

Again, thanks for your vote of confidence. I love to hear I'm being read. And stay tuned, because I'm just getting started.

-- TMK
The Moose King
Regular Poster

Return to Forsooth!