The Gryphon and Sabine Pub (Local Student Hangout) [RP]

Postby Andrick on Wed May 29, 2002 3:45 pm

*ruefully muttering* ...things are already happening...

Uh-huh... remind me not to piss off either of you. It was a logical guess, Saski, you were some type of sorceror. Scuttlebutt around the school had it that the owner of this fine establishment has the ability to suppress psychic powers which is why this is the only business within a stone's throw from PDI. I wonder how many students get themselves into trouble forgetting, or not knowing, that tidbit of information.

Still, it must be frustrating having to relearn something which you obviously used for everyday tasks.

*turning to BloodEye* Y'know, for a bar right across the street from an institution of learning there are damnably few students here. I've been out of the... well, in the loop for a while. Is there something going on that I missed, BloodEye?
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby BloodEye on Wed May 29, 2002 8:32 pm

BloodEye laughs softly. "So I've become the fount of wisdom already, eh? Thought that would take at least a week to happen. But no, not that I'm aware of anyway. My guess is that either folks are still getting settled, or they're paranoid. Like you said, a pub a stone's throw away? Must be a trap of some sort, li-ha?"
Life's a bitch. But she's MY bitch.
<a name=BloodEye>
<a href="http://forums.keenspace.com/viewtopic.php?t=35655&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30#BloodEye">Profile</a>
BloodEye
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Thu May 30, 2002 12:09 pm

*grinning widely at BloodEye* It has been my experience that people who keep thier yaps shut tend to know things. It is true, what you said about the others settling in... *pensively looks off into space* ...but I wouldn't put it past a few who failed to realize this place is here. Some people are oblivious like that.

Hey! Is that a jukebox? *with tail in full wag, I get up and head over to the machine* Hang on! I just gotta' see if they have Pure. I'll be back.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Saski Berth on Thu May 30, 2002 3:08 pm

I reply "I was aware of the owners 'gift', which is why I had to actually touch the comb... as for my tails, they just behave this way, naturally... when I eared my third tail, I also gained the ability to grasp things with them..." I smile foxwise at both BloodEye and Andrick, "usefull trick, and has some side benifits..."
Saski Berth
Regular Poster

Postby BloodEye on Fri May 31, 2002 2:58 pm

The feline just chuckles softly, setteling back into his seat.

"So how's this tail thing work anyway?" he inquires, takeing a sip of his drink. "Can you lose them again or anything?"
<a name=BloodEye>
<a href="http://forums.keenspace.com/viewtopic.php?t=35655&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30#BloodEye">Profile</a>
BloodEye
Regular Poster

Postby Captain apathy on Sat Jun 01, 2002 8:18 am

I walk over from a spirited rendition of puff the magic dragon done as a reggae song to sit with the other PDI'ers at the booth.

'Heyas, My names captain, and i'm part of wendigo, i noticed you guys sitting over here and wondered if i could join in the festivities, and perhaps make them more festive.'

(on a side note, since i can't edit my student profile i have another power, postcognition. I can know what happened in a 2 foot radius 5 seconds ago, if i train this power it might get useful)
<a href="http://forums.keenspace.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35655&forum=111&34#captain apathy>captain apathy's profile</a>
Captain apathy
Regular Poster

Postby BloodEye on Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:17 am

BloodEye slides over to provide some room.

"Evening Cap'n, make yourself at home. Name's BloodEye, that's Saski and Andrick. Still makeing introductions, pretty much. What brings you to the institute?"
<a name=BloodEye>
BloodEye
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Sat Jun 01, 2002 8:34 pm

*dejectedly walks back to the booth and takes a seat across from the Captain* Hmm? Oh! Andrick, that's me. *offers a paw to the Captain* Well met.

Indeed, we have not yet begun to gossip. Do tell why you enrolled.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Captain apathy on Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:07 pm

to tell the truth, i've never really fit in with my wierd sense of humour, and i figured if i can be usefull to the teachers by stopping some of the more destructive powers by using mine, which is the power to inspire apathy, and possibly get my dyslexic power up to a useful level, so i cna be of use in archeological digs and police investigations.

how 'bout you three?

(I start to unconciously stroke my ears as i'm slightly put off by the loss of my post-cognition)
<a href="http://forums.keenspace.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35655&forum=111&34#captain apathy>captain apathy's profile</a>
Captain apathy
Regular Poster

Postby Saski Berth on Sun Jun 02, 2002 6:16 am

Chuckling slightly I say, making sure that all the others at the table can hear me "People are always curious about my tails... well, I'll try to explain it as succinctly as I can... Kitsune-morphs, like I am, have a natural talent for magic. But, unlike normal fox-morphs, as we gain experience, magical or otherwise, one thing occurs, and as far as I've been able to understand it's a by-product of our magical nature, our tail(s) increase in number as we learn important things... usually the second tail is earned rather early, around kindegarten... how fast or slow the progression to further tails goes is based upon how much the 'sune learns. I haven't witnessed what occurs when a 'sune loses experience, or has a tail forcibly removed, but I've been told that it is something to be avoided." I turn to the new arrival, and offer a paw in greeting.. "My name's Saski, didn't I see you in the dorms??? you do seem familliar.." seeing that my guitar is taking up space, I gently place it against the wall behind me, patting it fondly.
Saski Berth
Regular Poster

Postby BloodEye on Tue Jun 04, 2002 12:32 pm

BloodEye chuckles softly, takeing a sip of his drink before answering.

"Well, couple of reasons why I joined up. Main one is learning, I enjoy it, I like doing it, I want to keep doing it. Regular colleges only let you go so long before kicking you out or makeing you a professor, and teaching isn't for me. Also, probbaly the only place in the world I can learn about this sort of stuff. Not only for myself, but just to know about others."
<a name=BloodEye>
BloodEye
Regular Poster

Postby PDI on Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:13 pm

*sidles up to the bar and orders a tequila*
PDI
Cartoon Hero

Postby Captain apathy on Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:40 pm

^ (assuming that's supposed to be woofaboomus)

I lean over to saski "it's never too early to start playing jokes on the dean, if i distract him, could you change his tequila to bitrex or something?"

:lol:
Captain apathy
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Fri Jun 07, 2002 8:11 am

*suddenly fixing the Captain with a stern glare* Oh no you don't! There are three things a man can have in life which should not be messed with: *Andrick holds up three fingers and begins ticking them down*
  1. His sleep
  2. His drink and
  3. His steak
    Everything else is fair play but those three are inviolate!

*relaxing his expression a bit* C'mon, he probably comes in here to relax and get away from being 'da Dean' and 'Mr. Responsible-for-Everything'. Don't you think there should be one place he should be treated like a normal guy?

*looking down at his empty glass* Speaking of drinks, I gotta go get another. Anybody else need something from the bar, since I'm headed that way? *after getting a response from everyone Andrick treks to the bar and places the order*

I caught part of your speech at I-doc but we never properly met. My name is Andrick. *extending a paw to Woofaboomus*
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby BloodEye on Mon Jun 10, 2002 8:31 am

Chuckeling softly, BloodEye nods in agreement to Andrick's assessment of the situation.

"More than three things though. His car, his girl, and his vengance all spring to mind. And no, thanks, still got a full glass."
<a name=BloodEye>
BloodEye
Regular Poster

Postby PDI on Mon Jun 10, 2002 8:46 am

((OOC: as Woofaboomus, yes. The danged thing locks up every time I try to do anything but post responses -- like log out, delete posts or threads, edit anything... grrr...))

*cough* I can hear you, y'know.
PDI
Cartoon Hero

Postby Captain apathy on Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:15 am

:oops: oh damn

i look around the bar to see if i can find a scapegoat.

pointing at a random fur who's just leaving

"dang he has a great talent for throwing his voice, he should be a ventriloquist"

I look at my drink and quickly down it in a fit of embarassment
Captain apathy
Regular Poster

Postby Leon 'Darth' Danson on Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:20 am

Leon walks in, idly swatting at a mosquito.

"Lousy bugs...it got warm too early, and now they're all buzzing around."

He glances around, then sees Andrick and Captain Apathy in the middle of an argument or something. "Uh...dare I ask what just happened here?"
Leon 'Darth' Danson

Postby Andrick on Tue Jun 11, 2002 1:36 pm

*exchanges a few pleasantries with Woofaboomus before collecting his order* If you feel up to talking to a bunch of youngsters, there's always room for one more over there. Catch you later. *arms full, Andrick heads back to the booth and places down the drinks and strategicly places the platter of spicy buffalo wings in the center of the table before snatching up his tail and seating himself*

There we go, got a refresh on the drinks. They got a great deal on these hot wings here. Dig in 'cuz there's no way I can eat that much in one sitting. So, Cap, you now see why the best plans of mice and... uh, hello. *noticing the fellow buggered by skeeters*

Oh, that? Something which has been resolved. Right, Captain? Around the table: that is Captain, BloodEye, Saski and I'm Andrick. And you... look familiar. *Andrick stares at Leon Danson before shutting his eayes, ducking his head and snapping the fingers of his one upraised hand in the universal 'don't-tell-me-I-know-this' gesture. Suddenly, Andrick looks up, snapping and pointing at the same time* You're Darth, a Prime House plebe. Volair mentioned you in passing.

Pull up a seat; we don't bite. *suddenly gives everybody a pensive glance* Image At least I don't think they do.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Leon 'Darth' Danson on Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:22 pm

Leon nods, taking a seat. "Yeah, that's what everyone calls me. You mind if I grab one of those hot wings?"
Leon 'Darth' Danson

PreviousNext

Return to Psychic Dyslexia Institute