The Gryphon and Sabine Pub (Local Student Hangout) [RP]

The Gryphon and Sabine Pub (Local Student Hangout) [RP]

Postby PDI on Mon May 06, 2002 12:14 am

Boisterous, happy, dark wood and crystal and brass, the Gryphon and Sabine Pub is a familiar haunt for students at PDI. Minors are allowed, but may not order alcohol, and pizza and darts are more than enough to keep most folks happy.

The proprietress is a feisty older Hyooman named Sharon, whose power is a PD-Nullifying effect on all but the strongest powers. This is terribly unuseful to anyone except a barkeep across the road from the Psychic Dyslexia Institute, so she makes a comfortable living, along with a quick wisecrack and a listening ear.

Just now the Jukebox is unplugged and the student garage band "Black Market Roses" is playing soft ballads from 20 years ago in one corner, oblivious to the noise and bustle around them.

There are booths with some privacy, and tables scattered almost haphazardly about. Part of the floor is parquet, and occassionally the tables are moved aside for dancing.
PDI
Cartoon Hero

Postby Captain apathy on Fri May 17, 2002 1:51 pm

Captain apathy walks in and over to the band. He's hoping he can enlist them to back him up on a cover of 'tainted love' done ala frank sinatra. to help lubricate this effort, he buys them a round of shots (if they're of age, and if he is too {drinking age in pdi's place of residence is what?}) He then waits for a few more PDI students to filter in, so he can get going on the festivities.
Captain apathy
Regular Poster

Postby BloodEye on Sat May 18, 2002 7:14 pm

BloodEye wanders into the Gryphon, pauses by the door a moment to look aorund before heading over to the bar proper to get a drink.
Life's a bitch. But she's MY bitch.
<a name=BloodEye>
<a href="http://forums.keenspace.com/viewtopic.php?t=35655&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30#BloodEye">Profile</a>
BloodEye
Regular Poster

Postby PDI on Mon May 20, 2002 7:56 am

((OOC: Hmmm...let's say Drinking age is an enlightened 18, modified for persons with unusual lifespans.

The band is amenable, Cap.))
PDI
Cartoon Hero

Postby Saski Berth on Sat May 25, 2002 9:07 am

Saski berth wanders in, guitar in hand, but decides to go over to the bar first, his tails streaming behind... to the bartender he says "Five Long Island Iced Teas, please..." he then grasps four of them with his tails, the fifth in his paws and finds a comfy spot to watch what's going to happen next...
Saski Berth
Regular Poster

Postby BloodEye on Sat May 25, 2002 3:51 pm

Nods to the bartender, a smile on his lips, but not quite touching his eyes.

"Triple of whisky, dash of honey, hint of cinnimon, if you can, hot. Please."

With a long look after the multi-tailed frea...uh, `individual` he mutters softly "Guess ya gotta feed them somehow."

After paying for his liver poison, the gray feline makes his way to an empty booth, and starts rummageing around in his backpack.
<a name=BloodEye>
<a href="http://forums.keenspace.com/viewtopic.php?t=35655&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30#BloodEye">Profile</a>
BloodEye
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Sat May 25, 2002 8:39 pm

*The grey canid which is Andrick walks into the Gryphon & Sabine Pub. He pauses just inside to put the flashlight and map back into his backpack as the door closes behind him*

YIP!

*with frantic speed, Andrick forces the door open and pulls his tail from the jamb, hugging it protectively against his chest until the door closes again. With the door safely closed, Andrick lets go of his tail and seats himself at the bar. He begins digging through his pack in the same motion as he unslings it*

Barkeep, before I order I need to know what kinds of currency you accept. Supposing I were to pull out raw gold ore or ancient ducats or foreign durhams and bahts or... or... ?

*at this point he loses his train of thought as he pulls something out of his backpack which looks amazingly like his wallet (which he hasn't seen for a while) and checking the billfold finds colored pieces of paper with dead politicians' faces on them*

...or cash? I've got cash? Cash, yes, I'll be paying in cash. Black Russian, double with ice, please.

*turning to a nearby person*

Hi, my name is Andrick, I'm new to PDI. Two questions: Is this seat taken? and You are?
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Andrick on Sat May 25, 2002 8:40 pm

*The grey canid which is Andrick walks into the Gryphon & Sabine Pub. He pauses just inside to put the flashlight and map back into his backpack as the door closes behind him*

YIP!

*with frantic speed, Andrick forces the door open and pulls his tail from the jamb, hugging it protectively against his chest until the door closes again. With the door safely closed, Andrick lets go of his tail and seats himself at the bar. He begins digging through his pack in the same motion as he unslings it*

Barkeep, before I order I need to know what kinds of currency you accept. Supposing I were to pull out raw gold ore or ancient ducats or foreign durhams and bahts or... or... ?

*at this point he loses his train of thought as he pulls something out of his backpack which looks amazingly like his wallet (which he hasn't seen for a while) and checking the billfold finds colored pieces of paper with dead politicians' faces on them*

...or cash? I've got cash? Cash, yes, I'll be paying in cash. Black Russian, double with ice, please.

*turning to a nearby person*

Hi, my name is Andrick, I'm new to PDI. Two questions: Is this seat taken? and You are?
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Saski Berth on Sun May 26, 2002 6:42 am

Saski chuckles softly, but with understanding, at the less than gracefull entrance of the latest patron. He knows, from experience, what it's like to have your tail9s) caught in a door.

Upon being addressed by 'Andrick', Saski responds "My name's Saski, and I'm new here too...," remembering that i forgot to pay the bartender saski rummages through his backpack, removing several unusual and indefineable objects, before coming out with the appropriate currency and placing it on the counter, including a generous tip. Saski then takes a long quaff from his first Long Island Iced Tea. and says to Andrick "So, what brings you to this place??"

[ooc]does anyone mind if I start talking from first person, rather than third, I'll find it much easier to RP that way :)[/ooc]
Saski Berth
Regular Poster

Postby BloodEye on Sun May 26, 2002 8:59 am

((ooc)) No objection here. I tend to keep my descriptions in third person to distinguish poses from speach, but purely personal habit.((/ooc))

Bloodeye eventually figures out where his art supplies had gotten to in his bag, pulling out an ebony pencil, couple of ink pens, and a rather battered drawing book. Slouching down and proping one foot up on the seat across from him, the feline starts sketching absently, occasionally pauseing to jot a few lines of text or take a sip of his drink.
<a name=BloodEye>
BloodEye
Regular Poster

Postby Saski Berth on Sun May 26, 2002 9:10 am

I notice a catmorph sketching and taking notes in a corner, pad over, and say, extending a paw, "Hello, my name's Saski, I'm kind of new here and am interested in meeting some of my fellow Institute alumni."

[ooc]hopefully this'll be my last ooc for a while... I'm going to attempt to update my profile, but each time I've tried, the forums just won't let me :p PDI, Talbon - PM, e-mail, or ICQ me... I'll respond similarily.. :)[/ooc]
Saski Berth
Regular Poster

Postby BloodEye on Sun May 26, 2002 8:46 pm

BloodEye nods, shakeing paws with a firm, but not quite crushing grip.

"BloodEye. I remember seeing you over at the Wendigo meeting. Sure, catch a seat, make youself comfortable."

Grinning faintly, the feline sits up straight again, slideing his things a little to the side to make more room on the table top.

"You from around here?"
<a name=BloodEye>
BloodEye
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Tue May 28, 2002 3:44 am

*after collecting his drink, Andrick follows Saski over to the occupied booth*

I assume there's room for one more? BloodEye, was it? Hello, my name is Andrick.

*shakes paws with the feline and kitsune before grabbing his elusive tail to seat himself. Once safely sitting, Andrick releases it to twitch back and fro like a dancing white and grey furry snake*

So both you and Saski are from Wendigo house? Hmmm... Musician and an Artist; are most in Wendigo house creatively inclined?
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Saski Berth on Tue May 28, 2002 4:38 am

I reply "From around here, not exactly...." I scooch over to provie enough room for Andrick, and say "Tail troubles??? And, yes I'm something of a musician. Wendigo house just appealed to something within my being, so that's where I settled." I then fan all my tails out, being carefull not to hit anyone with them.... "Does anyone happen to have a comb???"
Saski Berth
Regular Poster

Postby BloodEye on Tue May 28, 2002 11:32 am

The feline nods, slideing his things over a little more.

"Yes, BloodEye. Nice you make your aquantince Andrick. An actually, I'm a physics major, art is just a hobby of mine. I can't speak for everyone of the House, but I did get the impression that most there were creatively inclined on some level or another. What about yourself? I don't really seeing you on any of the floors."

He rummages around is his bag for a moment before pulling out a plain black plastic comb.

"Here, this do? Uh...crap, what did you say your name was again? I'm really bad with names."
<a name=BloodEye>
BloodEye
Regular Poster

Postby Saski Berth on Tue May 28, 2002 3:48 pm

to BloodEye I respond "Saski. It's japanese, but I'm not... my parents were a lil' strange that way."

Taking the proffered black plastiic comb with a "Thanks!" I study it intently for a second, before stroking a claw over it... and it becomes a metal comb, the type used for brushing out a pets' fur... I mutter "better," and begin combing out the first of my five tails...
Saski Berth
Regular Poster

Postby BloodEye on Tue May 28, 2002 9:58 pm

The feline chuckles quietly, eyeing the altered comb a moment before shruging.
"Heck, I go by BloodEye, no need to justify odd names to me."
<a name=BloodEye>
BloodEye
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Wed May 29, 2002 12:47 am

Well, Saski, I didn't have tail troubles until I had a tail. Stupid thing manages to get into harms way more often than not.

Physics is a rough subject; I could only learn what applied to my skills and that was it. I was an electronics technician and chemicals analyst before circumstances led me to enroll at PDI. No artistic skills to speak of have I. I count myself among the Atlans. *sheepishly lloks down at his drink* BloodEye, the reason you haven't seen me is, according to Sylk, I was caught in an uncontrolled temporal loop for several days announcing my intention to join Atlan house. What I could swear was only five minutes has been several weeks instead. Thus my need for a stiff drink. *Andrick has stared at his full glass and decides to do something about it, taking a generous swallow and presenting everyone with the new dilema of half-full vs. half empty. Deciding this is also unacceptable, he drinks down the rest of it*

Saski is Japanese? That shoots down my pet theory of Slavic or Polish... Woah! *does a quick double-take on the changed comb* That is a slick trick! A magician as well as a musician and, if the legends I learned hold true, one of accomplished power by the count of your tails. *gives Saski an appraising look* Yet you didn't come to PDI to teach...
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Saski Berth on Wed May 29, 2002 5:13 am

To Andrick I reply, making sure to speak loudly enough that BloodEye can listen in. "Yes, I am a magician, and will have surprising power, once I re-learn controll over it. My magic has been dormant for many years, due to circumstances beyond my controll, and I gained my tails through hard experience, rather than magical prowess. I came here, to PDI to learn how to controll my magic, so that my merest thought doesn't become reality," I take a long drink from the first Long Island Iced Tea, finishing it, I transfer the next one from its tail to my paws and continue talking, "fortuneately I have learned enough so that I'm not a danger to my fellow furs, but if I'm tired or feeling put upon, I might still do something I'll regret later." While this is going on, I start combing out the second tail...
Saski Berth
Regular Poster

Postby BloodEye on Wed May 29, 2002 10:15 am

BloodEye nods to Andrick. "Aye, those temporal loops will screw ya up everytime. I suppose it could be worse though. Few weeks lost isn't much. Few years can really screw ya up."

With a smile, his focus shifts back to Saski. "Well, most anyone can go with that. Most of the thing's I've come to regret happened when I was tired and stressed. In any case, be intresting to see what this place will be like once everyone gets settled in and things start happening."
<a name=BloodEye>
BloodEye
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Psychic Dyslexia Institute