What are you reading?

Postby Swardfish on Thu Apr 18, 2002 1:21 pm

The best thing about being a freeloader is you have time to read... I just read Scar Vegas, by Tom Paine (who is a really cool guy), which was entertaining but the best part was that someone had taken my library's copy of it to the beach and returned it full of sand, so when you shake it it sounds like an etch-a-sketch....:grin: hee.

Also read Vurt, by Jeff Noon, which was hypnotically awesome and The Toughest Indian in the World, by Sherman Alexie (The Smoke Signals guy... anybody seen that movie? He's got a new movie coming out, The Business of Fancydancing, and the guy who played Thomas Builds-The-Fire in SS is gonna star, yay :grin:), which rocked my world to Arkansas. So smooth and creamy you forget you're reading.... presently re-reading all my Discworld books and the Star Wars: Black Fleet Crisis trilogy because I am in dire peril of losing my status as a Star Wars geek.

Also the Clerks comic book. Over, and over, and over again...yowza.

....Anyone here do "Book-It" in elementary school?

Swardfish
Swardfish

Postby Saski Berth on Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:30 pm

I'm slowly working my way from one end of my personal library to the other... I expect this to take ~2 months :smile: The reason being, I own ~3000 books :smile: and I am constantly buying more (at least 2 books/month if my favorite authors are on thier usual rotation.... and I have about 25 favorite authors :grin:
Saski Berth
Regular Poster

Postby Calinmoon on Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:17 pm

Yes, pizza is good. And I love my Littlefoot doll, and my Littlefoot puppet, and my Sara puppet.
Calinmoon
Regular Poster

Postby Swardfish on Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:18 am

On 2002-04-18 21:17, calinmoon wrote:
Yes, pizza is good. And I love my Littlefoot doll, and my Littlefoot puppet, and my Sara puppet.

You can read pizza.... like tea leaves!

....And don't they make Land Before Time Golden Books?

If *I* had 3000 books.... I would put them in a vault and swim around in them like Scrooge McDuck.

Swardfish
Swardfish

Postby Quoting_mungo on Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:55 am

^^ Just gonna start on the second part of Pratchett's series now, I think. Now, as in... Soon as I'm off the computer and pets are fed.
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Postby PDI on Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:56 am

Recently re-read the Griffin and Sabine books...
PDI
Cartoon Hero

Postby Saski Berth on Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:10 pm

wewt, just got the last of the Xanth books :smile:
Saski Berth
Regular Poster

Postby Captain apathy on Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:23 pm

just finished re-reading all of the discworlds, and my sandman collection. And now I'm busy reading books by robert rodi and 'the books of magic' by niel gaiman
Captain apathy
Regular Poster

Postby Illian on Wed Jul 24, 2002 1:58 pm

Saski Berth wrote:I'm slowly working my way from one end of my personal library to the other... I expect this to take ~2 months :smile: The reason being, I own ~3000 books :smile: and I am constantly buying more (at least 2 books/month if my favorite authors are on thier usual rotation.... and I have about 25 favorite authors :grin:

A person after my own heart.

Just finished Terry Prattchet's Sourcery and I'm about to start the new Sanctuary book.
Illian
Regular Poster

Postby Illian on Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:43 am

I'm 3/4 of the way through the Pratchett Discworld series. All the way up to Soul Music.
Illian
Regular Poster

Postby Captain apathy on Sun Aug 25, 2002 3:02 pm

illi, 16 out of 26 (27 if you count "the amazing maurice and his educated rodents") doesn't really count as 3/4 of the way through the series

(the reason why i know is i just ran to my bookshelf to count)

either way, good for you

I just finished "what's wrong : explicit graphic interpretation against censorship" which all the funding for goes to little sister's a GLBTQ bookstore in vancouver, which has been fighting canada customs for years. http://www.lsisters.com explains the entire thing.
<a href="http://forums.keenspace.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35655&forum=111&34#captain apathy>captain apathy's profile</a>
Captain apathy
Regular Poster

Postby Illian on Sun Aug 25, 2002 3:14 pm

Hmm, I'm just going by the list they provided inside the books.
Illian
Regular Poster

Postby PDI on Sun Sep 08, 2002 7:53 am

I am now 2/3 of the way through <i>Foucault's Pendulum</i> which I've started now FIVE times. I'm glad I finally stuck with it -- it's an incredible book! Not a great "hook" at the beginning, however.
PDI
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to Psychic Dyslexia Institute