Nolans Update 2.29.04

Nolans Update 2.29.04

Postby Joshnickerson on Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:56 pm

Hi. Uh. Well, this is awkward. But I'm sure no one is left to read this, so I'll go ahead.
The Nolans is pretty much on the back burner indefinately. Let's face it, the comic didn't attract a lot of readers, and I was pretty much ignored by most of the webcomic community, aside from a few awesome folks (you know who you are). Considering I've been doing this for over three years and didn't get much of an audience, and also considering that I was also working a full time job, and that I wasn't getting paid for spending my spare time on the comic, you can see why I've needed to step away from The Nolans. It's a comic I've been doing since I was 12, and to be quite frank, the past few years I've gotten bored with it. My life has changed, and unfortunately, the strip can't change with me. I can't do family related humor anymore, not that I was ever that successful at it in the first place. Someday I might return to it, but for now, I want to focus on other projects. Working on Mid-Shift is probably the happiest I've felt working on a comic in a long time, like I felt back in college drawing The Nolans.
As for the Nolans, starting Monday I'm gonna rerun all of the old strips again on last time, three days a week. I've already got it set up. And, probably around September, the last of the original strips, ones that haven't appeared at all, will be posted. And that will probably be it. For quite a while, anyway.
If you decide to just walk away, I totally understand. I hate it when webcomics I read end. But if you decide to support me, check out Mid-Shift and buy a copy if you like it. Hey, it's got a couple of cameos from Nolans universe characters in it, if that'll tempt ya.

Later days...
Joshnickerson
Regular Poster

Postby Charlesbrubaker on Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:45 am

I'm still here.

Sorry to hear about Nolans...gone...

I can't wait for the unseen strips though...
Charlesbrubaker
Regular Poster

Return to Nolans, The