sad to hear... but i more then understand.

SirTurnip
Regular Poster

sad to hear... but i more then understand.

Post by SirTurnip »

well i tell ya Josh, when you said you were resolving your decision today, what i saw on the front page was what i had hoped against. Even though i only discovered your comic earlier this week, as i told you, i thought it to be one of my greatest webcomic discoveries in ages.

I know exactly what it's like to be stuck in what seems a dead end position in life and how a lot seems meaningless because of it. I was like that last year and earlier this year. What did i do? i instigated change! I quit my job at the local supermarket deli, i quit my arts degree at the local university (which i was failing) and i flew half way across the world to Seattle where i've been studying animation for 6 months now and have been loving every second of it! I've also rediscovered a passion for drawing the old comic i quit earlier this year and that re-debuts today, the 2nd year anniversary of my comic site (yay!).

Anyway mate, if any advice at all, i'd say change is probably the best thing (which you said you're thinking about yourself). How drastic a change this may be, well that's of course totally up to you. All i can say is try and get some fresh air blown into what sounds like quite a deep rut you're stuck in.

In the meantime, i think i might send you a guest comic soon. ^^

Hope it all works out for ya.
Everyday Stuff. Stuff that happens Everyday...duh.
http://floydcartoons.keenspace.com

I'm working on new comics! I promise!

Crow_Servo
Regular Poster
Location: Servo's chew toy... which looks just like the Satellite of Love!

Post by Crow_Servo »

... Ah. Ikuzo.

"You can't leave footprints in the sands of time by sitting on your butt. And who wants to leave butt-prints in the sands of time?"

... heh heh. ^^ Don't worry. I won't start quoting pop music like I did last time I rambled like this. (Vitamin C... whatever happened to her?)

Just wanted to say that I admire what you're doing. Might not like it too much, but it takes a lot of balls to leave the things you know and head off for parts unknown to make a change in your life. You know... leaving footprints instead of butt-prints. And like Sir Turnip said in a way a lot more eloquently than I ever could so I won't even try - it could do you a world of good. ^_^

Once again, I doff my headphones to you. You never fail to impress me.

So whether you're off to Louisiana or the Secret Monastery of Webcomicry - ganbatte ne!

(Second thought - who needs luck when you can go on talent alone? Heh.)

Hope to see you around again soon, and best of luck with whatever you do! *waves* Ja ne!

~Crow

"... Just repeat to yourself it's just a show, you should really just relax! For Mystery Science Theater, Three-Thousand!"
- MST3K Love Theme; Man or Astroman

"Well, if you recall, Mike, I made a fart noise. She only took it as a 'no'."
- Crow T. Robot
Indeed.