What should be my number one priority, site-wise?

What should be my number one priority, site-wise?

Postby Not damonk on Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:56 pm

Hey guys,

I know that there are only a few of you in here and all, but you've all be very supportive and stuff, and so I figured I'd ask you:

Aside from me updating more regularly, what do you think should be my number one priority, site-wise? Should it be a new design? New message board? Email notification? Putting up all my old sections back? Putting up the Great Escape? Creating icons or buttons or banners? Etc.?

I'd love to hear what you guys most feel I should do first as soon as I have the time to do it! :)
Not damonk
Regular Poster

Postby RagingCynic on Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:13 pm

I would say that the first priority should be the Great Escape, as that is the only real hole in the archives left. After that you should overhaul the site, get the Keenspot forum, and try to get people to plug you now that your archives are complete and the layout is spiffy'd up.

Email list would be nice, as would a cast section or something, but those are luxuries, and should come after things are moving nice and smooth.

If there's anything I could help with just <A href="mailto:TheSporkWithin@gmail.com">drop me a line</a>, I'd be happy to assist in any way possible.
RagingCynic
Regular Poster

Postby [AOD] on Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:15 am

I agree with the raging cynic in this regard. The Archives should be the first priority. Comprehensiveness is next to godliness and all that fiddle-faddle, you know.

Then we could get the fun stuff. ^_^

!~AoD
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS
[AOD]
Cartoon Hero

Postby NotSiece on Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:32 pm

I would have two top priorities.

First is an echo of what everyone else has said: finish rebuilding the archives.

After that, get your site fully W3C compliant. According to the W3C code validator , your index page has 151 errors in coding. Running each of the documents on your site through the validator will give you a detailed list of where the errors are, and how to fix them. If you take me up on my offer of helping to redesign your site, you'll get the same error free site guarantee I normally offer to my paying customers.
NotSiece

Postby Not damonk with boobies on Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:04 am

Heh.

Yeah, I just write my own code, which is very bare-bones, and likely not compliant whatsoever. Of course, some of it may be KSpot code, too, but I never went to check what the mistakes were (I'll have to do that one day).

As for a site redesign, that could be pretty cool -- while I'm not planning for one just yet, I've certainly been wanting to get one done soon, and I'll certainly keep you in mind, Siece. I'm very flattered that you would be willing to offer to do this for me! :)

But yeah, the archives, I'm still hoping to get done soon. Hmm...

Maybe I should be making my two announcements on Monday, in the hopes that perhaps that will allow something like this to happen.
Not damonk with boobies
Regular Poster

Postby [AOD] on Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:07 pm

Just how many damonks are there, damonk?!

?!~AoD
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS
[AOD]
Cartoon Hero

well...

Postby Crazeyal on Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:46 pm

With all you've been doing, and the nonsense you went through (I'm STILL embarressed for my country, and I'm an ex-MARINE!!!) it's understandable that you haven't gotten around to things. But the site was redesigned fo rthe switch of art styles, and kept changing as the story progressed.

I think it's way past time to make the site look ALOT better. If the story is going to take the turn I think it's going to, you'll probably want to change something anyway.

well.. that's my vote. Good luck, thanks for the Art. (no.. not him...) :P
Crazeyal
Regular Poster

Return to FRAMED!!!